• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#1 Diva in this gamr for a minute (Beyonce)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Why is it that everyone seems to compare every female artist to her. It should be apparent that no one can touch her by now. And especially the following: Ciara, Shakira, Rihanna, and now Keri Hilson. Did any of them even get nominated for VMAs? Im norry, it just really annoys me. Everyone says people are more talened than Bey but never stop to realize why they are comparing them to her ALWAYS. she has been the number one diva in this game for a minute and for hours to come. By the way, Britney and Gaga carry a stage better than those previous comparisons.

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • Beyonce is quite simply one of the most fantastic performers that has ever graced modern pop culture. She has an amazing voice, an incredible 4.4 octaves, something Mariah would have trouble doing these days. Her dancing is fantastic, so precise and the chereography is mostly amazing. Overall, her stage presence is just phenomonal, mostly unchallenged these days. Established acts such as Madonna may not be better dancers or better singers, but they have a certain X Factor about them, they're just mesmerising. A recent example is Lady GaGa, she's not a strong a singer as Beyonce, but she does have a fantastic voice, something Beyonce recognized and said when she was on the VMA red carpet. GaGa puts her all into her performances, and shakes it up all the time, using new mixes and different arrangements, and she really gets the crowd going and her choreography is all pretty amazing, not to mention the theatrics of her performances etc.

In all, Beyonce is definitely one of the best performers around now, she's just amazing in everyway.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Thats exacttly the same way I feel. The only personto compare performances with to her is Lady Gaga. They both can dance and sing at the same time and not soundt like they are in a washing machine! The one thing with Gaga is that she uses a lot of gimmicks and shock value which gets old quickly.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • She has an amazing voice, an incredible 4.4 octaves, something Mariah would have trouble doing these days.
    Mariah has a 5 octave range. :x

Beyonce's not bad. She has a more soft voice, yet powerful at the same time. Choreography is awesome; a lot of stage present. It's good that she doesn't just grab a microphone and sing with it; she dances. I'm not crazy about her music or her voice, but I still have to admit she has huge talent. Isn't the best out there; IMO right now the best diva is Christina Aguilera.

Britney and Gaga just go all out in their performances. Not the same choreography, but the performances are well planned and VERY creative. Britney doesn't have the voice though, which is a drawback because she never sings live. Gaga can sing.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Mariah has a 5 octave range. :x

Beyonce's not bad. She has a more soft voice, yet powerful at the same time. Choreography is awesome; a lot of stage present. It's good that she doesn't just grab a microphone and sing with it; she dances. I'm not crazy about her music or her voice, but I still have to admit she has huge talent. Isn't the best out there; IMO right now the best diva is Christina Aguilera.

Britney and Gaga just go all out in their performances. Not the same choreography, but the performances are well planned and VERY creative. Britney doesn't have the voice though, which is a drawback because she never sings live. Gaga can sing.

Wow, That took me by surprise. Christina has been quite boring to me lately. Her voice is amazing but yet she still cant carry a performance like Beyonce or even Janet. And whats the last thin Christina has done?

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • Mariah has a 5 octave range. :x

Mariah's vocal range has detiorated so much over the last couple of years. Her lower register is becoming raspier and alot more harsh. She can't reach notes she used to be hit, particularly her whistle register, which is disappearing faster than bubbles on a fizzy drink. She now lip-synchs the majority of performances, and she almost certainly lip-synchs 95% of her whistle notes these days. It's nothing to do with drugs or anything, just years of over-singing and using her voice too much. Vocal nodules is probably another problem effecting her voice.

As for the Christina comment, she's been rather out of the loop of late, her last couple of singles haven't been amazing success' and the way she is heading musically is blantant band-wagoning. She is now doing a electropop album, which, in my personal opinion is a genre that will simply not flatter her voice at all. Christina has a diva voice, it's a big, powerful voice with heaps and heaps of range. The thing with electropop in general is the vocal style doesn't suit diva voices, as the vocals are general more restricted, something XTina shouldn't be confided too, her voice is simply too amazing, I can't imagine a whistle note in a electropop song like Just Dance can you?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Beyonce outsells all other entertainers when it comes to concerts. There has to be a reason for that. Because her vocals are never strained, even when she is dancing all across the stage. When you can name someone other than Gaga or Janet who can do that, I will be awakened.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I've always found that Christina Aguilera was one of the best performers live. Her voice seems so much stronger than even the recorded version of the song she sings. Same goes for Lady Gaga. This coming from a Britney fan, they are much better performers live for my taste than Britney is. When Britney sings live, her voice just... isn't as strong as it used to be. Her vocal range became very limited over the years, which is very upsetting to me considering the fact that I'm a fan and all of hers. Beyoncé, on the other hand, seems to be just as strong as Christina is live. She's able to maintain her vocal skills even when she's dancing, which is very talented considering the fact that most people can't even maintain a proper voice while dancing and talking at the same time and most entertainers seem to do one or the other. I've also found that Janet isn't up to par with Christina, Mariah, Lady Gaga, or Beyoncé. Madonna, on the other hand... could be. I don't find her as talented as others do, but that's a matter of personal opinion.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Doesn't Britney lip sync? ._.; She gave up the whole big powerful voice after a few bad performances, and switched to the softer "more sexier" head voice style.
    Mariah's vocal range has detiorated so much over the last couple of years. Her lower register is becoming raspier and alot more harsh. She can't reach notes she used to be hit, particularly her whistle register, which is disappearing faster than bubbles on a fizzy drink. She now lip-synchs the majority of performances, and she almost certainly lip-synchs 95% of her whistle notes these days. It's nothing to do with drugs or anything, just years of over-singing and using her voice too much. Vocal nodules is probably another problem effecting her voice.

As for the Christina comment, she's been rather out of the loop of late, her last couple of singles haven't been amazing success' and the way she is heading musically is blantant band-wagoning. She is now doing a electropop album, which, in my personal opinion is a genre that will simply not flatter her voice at all. Christina has a diva voice, it's a big, powerful voice with heaps and heaps of range. The thing with electropop in general is the vocal style doesn't suit diva voices, as the vocals are general more restricted, something XTina shouldn't be confided too, her voice is simply too amazing, I can't imagine a whistle note in a electropop song like Just Dance can you?
    I agree. :x Christina should stick to her diva style. It amazed me.

I didn't even know Christina until I found her music video a while ago, and it was really impressive. So much power and range in her voice. I mean, I knew she could sing but I didn't know she could sing that well. I googled her live, and she sounded amazing. She's the one that probably impressed me the most lately. Huge voice. It just doesn't fit electropop; way too restricting for such a huge voice.

P!nk's voice is starting to get to me. She's not that versatile of a singer but she has that great-sounding raspy quality in her voice. Same with Clarkson, though I wouldn't put them on the same level as the aforementioned.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The reason why I say Janet Jackson is the third best stage prescence next to Beyonce & Gaga & Madonna is becuase even though she doesnt have a powerhouse voice, she can sell out a concert and her vocals will be top notch. She also doesnt bore the hell out of you by just standing while singing. Those ladies are true entertainers, but Beyonce does it best.

Last edited:

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • Ahh, Madonna. Whilst Madonna technically doesn't have an amazing voice, she certainly knows how to work a stage. People are simply mesmerized by her because her prescene is amazing. They know they're infront of a true great, and they can't take their eyes off of her. Her shows are always energetic and she tries to use her vocal abilities the best she can. Alas, she's aging, and the energy is fading, and so with it go the powerhouse performances. She fainted/blackout momentairly at one of her recent concerts, collapsed into one of her dancers, she's been touring heavily and should really take a rest, but obvious she's a business woman and needs to make money and keep the Madonna brand going. Can't see her slowing down anytime soon to be honest. That said, she looked FAB-U-LOUS at the VMAs this year.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Let me edit my previous post because I am also a huge fan of Madonna. She was the highest paid entertainer before Beyonce was.

Chelc

Years
  • I think a lot of people compare Beyonce to Ciara, Rihanna, and Keri Hilson, is because their outfits/style are similar to hers, or it seems like they're copying her sometimes. Ciara's video for Love, Sex, Magic reminded me so much of Bey, it wasn't even funny. I know Keri Hilson was a backup singer for her at one point?, and she and Ciara have both said things about her in the past that weren't very nice. As for Rihanna, I don't see how she and Beyonce are similar in any way, but whatever I guess.

Beyonce is obviously one of the most talented and hardworking artists out there right now. Many people are already calling her a legend, which isn't surprising. She knows how to work a stage and has a wonderful voice. She's very likable as well. I don't think many other people would have done what she did at the VMAs for Taylor.

Mariah is a lost cause, imo. I wish I didn't have to say that, but her recent performances have not been that great at all. I hope her new album is a success and that she can get back on top like Whitney has.

Christina has constantly been called the voice of our generation, and I can't help but agree. Christina has an amazing voice. She's definitely one of my favorite artists, constantly reinventing herself and trying new things with her music. I'm a huge fan of her performances, her B2B tour was amazing (from what I've seen, I wish I could have gone myself). The only problem with her is that not many very many people like her, and she's been said to be a bit rude to other artists and people she's worked with. A lot of people think she oversings, too, so hopefully she sings more soft songs like Save Me From Myself on her next album, because I think a lot of people would stop hating on her voice so much.

I love Lady GaGa. She's a real star. She cares so much for her music and her fans, I don't think there's been an artist like her in a while. I love each and every one of her performances. I'm really excited for her next album. Many people think she's going to be a one time thing, and I'm waiting for her to prove those people wrong.

Britney Spears...she's Britney Spears, an amazing entertainer, one of the best. She went through so much and still manages to stay on top. She puts on a show and has some of the best music videos ever. It seems she's been gaining more and more confidence at each show of her Circus Tour. I got really excited when I heard she did a cover of an Alanis song and that was it partly live. I don't expect her to sing live, really, except for the ballads. Yeah, Britney's such a sweetheart and she'll always be one of my favorite artists. I'm torn between her and Madonna for the Queen of Pop status. :p

Madonna and Janet are awesome, too. They're still some of the best performers, even after all these years. It was rumored that the two were working on a song together. I hope it's true. :)

-Mannequin-

Scream Your Lungs Out
    Years
  • Wow! Everyone is so sweet here :D
    I'm use to topics like this turning into 'the general bash whatever celeb you want' thread xD
    It's really nice to see people actually holding a conversation about this instead of just going back and forth arguing over it. *cough*likemostpeopleonyoutube*cough*

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Gurl, we usually do argue but its easy to see who is at the top of their game these days I guess.

Back