• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#10 - First time hacker vs. Cresta

Whose sprite do you vote for?

• First time hacker

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • Cresta

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Pixel Art Duel #10
    First time hacker vs. Cresta

Introduction

Welcome! This thread is to vote for who you think should win this duel.
    Whose pixels are more impressive than the others? You decide!

Rules

1. No voting for yourself.
    2. When voting, you must include comments on why you voted for the specific sprite. Criticism is appreciated as well. Don't forget to use the poll!
    3. Don't be harsh on sprites, this is for fun after all!

Contestants

Theme: Tri-Fusion
    Based on the move tri attack, your task is to fuse three Pokémon, each representing each 'attack' from tri attack- in other words, out of three Pokémon one has to be Electric, next has to be, Fire and last but not least, the final Pokémon has to be Ice. Please note that you must use ONLY PURE-type Pokémon for all three types. Minor scratching is allowed.

Here is a quick list to the Pokémon you can use:
    Pure Electric-type Pokémon
    Pure Fire-type Pokémon
    Pure Ice-type Pokémon

Restrictions:
    Dimensions - 96x96 BW style
    Colours - Maximum is 32
    Animation - No
    Transparency - Optional

First time hacker

Vannilite, Shinx, Pansear

Cresta
    Jolteon, Glaceon, Flareon

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I voted for First time hacker's sprite, because it all fits togethor well and I can see each pokemon clearly.

Cresta's was good, but the thing that put me off was glaceon's ears. He now has two sets of ears and glaceon's dont seem to go well with this sprite.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I'm gonna go with first time hacker as well. At first the stark colour divide put me off, but upon closer inspection, it has a nice flow to it, especially with Vanillite's ice-cream hair-style being the cherry on the top. With regards to Cresta's sprite, I like the colour scheme more, but Leafeon's ears are a turn-off, unfortunately. Had that particular integration gone a bit better, it would probably have my vote. So, first time hacker for me.

Years
    • VA
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    I'm voting for First time hacker, because i think that he integrated Shinx's body parts onto Pansear's body very well.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
    First time hacker has fused vanilite and shinx very well! The swirl head is definitely the highlight of the sprite. The shinx head also sits well upon Pansear's body. The only thing I have to critique is the choice of coloring/shading for the eyes and ears. The light yellow and white blend in too much; not enough contrast. Very nice job other than that little detail! Great fusion and concept.

Cresta's has done a great job of smoothly amalgamating the three sprites. However, it's like combining Pansear, Pansage, and Panpour; the eeveelutions already share the same face and simlar limbs. I also do not love the red color choice, perhaps some yellow accents or yellow body with red accents could have helped emulate the tri-fusion concept. However, the sprite fusion and lining was very well done.

First time hacker gets the vote mainly because it's creative concept, and interesting fusion! Good job both of you!

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I think the previous posters have covered my justification completely, regarding first time hacker's sprite. My vote is for him/her, as well.

.: Symbiosis :.

The connection of two
    Years
    First time hacker gets my vote; although I think his/her sprite is too white for a white background,it jsut seems more natural than Cresta's too me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2011
    First time hacker the sprites fit together so well looks like an actual pokemon

Years
    Though I am terribly late..

And the winner is...

First time hacker with an amazing 12-vote sweep!

Thanks for dueling! Oh and, duels are open again!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back