• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

//101GFX//

NerdSparks

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    //101GFX//

He got swung on, his lungs was torn, the
    kingpin just castled with his rook and lost a pawn
    A regular on the block, and played look-out
    For playing predator with a glock, he should have took out

My aura takes the form of the aurora borealis
    Or a floral pattern, more or less a forest to your salad

Calling all the good rappers, had to get my crew together
    Fire like the fire flower, flyer than the super feather

Yeah, I'm only 15 and, but my sixteens is strong

Y'all playin' checkers in this game, this is chess, y'all pawns

----
    New Set
    FREE TO USE
    //101GFX//

FREE TO USE
    //101GFX//

----
    Old Signatures
    Heatran
    Itachi
    Haseo
    Light Yagami
    Gun Guy
    Russia
    Iron Man
    Black Rock Shooter
    Couple
    Revy

----
    New/Favorite Signatures

FREE TO USE
    //101GFX//

FREE TO USE
    //101GFX//

FREE TO USE
    //101GFX//

FREE TO USE
    //101GFX//

FREE TO USE
    //101GFX//

FREE TO USE
    //101GFX//

FREE TO USE
    //101GFX//

FREE TO USE
    //101GFX//

----

Last edited:

Emperte

はがねタイプ
    Years
    Wow, great stuff! There's flow, there's depth, there's good text~ *nosebleed

Kudos to you and your work good sir/ma'am

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Ok you are good.
    I'm not going to give individual comments about tags just yet, but maybe later. I want to focus on the two aspects I think you could work on more to seriously help your tags jump a few levels.

First is text. Text is irky, and it can be hard to work well placed and attractive typo into tags, you seem to have the basics down with fairly good placement (nice and close to focal so it doesn't steal focus) however the fonts and sizes have room for improvement. I think a lot of your tags would look better without the text, only because it doesn't really add anything. Try to be more bold with your text playing with different fonts, sizes and settings (like letters close together). Your current text just looks a bit boring, experiment heaps with text, if it doesn't work with that specific tag, doesn't mean it doesn't work ever.

Next is colours. I feel in your tags, you've got the focal placement, the effects and composition, all that really lacks from making them really good, is colouring. I don't know if you are using the gradient maps and selective colouring adjustments, but you should be. The gradient maps will help the render/stock to help blend in a bit more with the effects, and selective colouring will help bring out the specific colours more. Your renders/stocks just look like the colour don't really match the effects at all and are pretty obvious they are separate. Meanwhile that last tag is almost too monotonous. Finding the balance is tough, but if you can nail it, your tags will look heaps better.

That first tag has great colours and is probably your best, all it needs is a bit more contrast and possibly some sharpening of the focal. That's another thing I see, your sharpening/blurring is not really working too well with the tags. For example, the Kid Cudi tag. The effects to the left of him are nice and sharp, yet the text and Cudi himself are quite blurry. The eye is drawn most times to whatever is sharpest. That tells us we are meant to look at it. Your focal point should always be crisp and sharp, but not too much. At least more so than things in the foreground/background which should be blurry. That said, nearly all your tags could have the focal sharpened up a bit.

Anyways, you have really good tags and know what you are doing in terms of effects and compo and stuff, just play around and try work on those things I mentioned and you will improve dramatically.

NerdSparks

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Thank you, your comments are extremely appreciated and I'll try to take all of them into consideration with my future works.

Small Update:
    //101GFX//

Back