• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

10th anniversery of Pokemon

DarkMew

Dark Sith Lord
Years
  • Isn't 2005 the 10th anniversery of Pokemon?
    Because when you look at the back of Pokemon games it says
    Copyright (C) 1995-2005 Nintendo. So did Pokemon originate [for the united states] in 1995?

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2011
    Yes, it would be ten years, but it wouldn't have started in the u.s. in 1995. Gamefreak would have released the red and green games out in '95 for Japan, but the u.s. probably got red and blue in '96. But the games would have the copyright for 1995 because they started the franchise at that time. If you understand what i'm saying, because I really dont know. =p

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Yes you are right.Pokemon red came out in 95.It has been 10 proud years.I had no idea that it was this day.Wow it has been long.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It actually came out in Japan in 1996, but Satoshi Tajiri presented the idea to Nintendo in '95, that's why it's on Pokemon merchandise and stuff. The actual date of that was last month some time... so a belated Happy Birthday Pokemon! XD

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • Seems like it's been longer actually. Well anyway Happy Birthday Pok?mon!

Years
  • Wow....Ten years...ten long, proud years...Ten long, proud, propherous years of Pok?mon! Happy 10th aniversery! ^,-,^

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
  • Yuppers, it's been ten long years since Pokemon originated here in the US. ^_____^ I'm assuming it's longer for Japan, seeing as they came up with this wonderful world of Pokemon. ^.~ So, it's time to partay! 8D *dances*

~Kelsey

Back