• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

13 Hangs Himself Over A Nintedo Wii

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Sympathy is not to be handed out like cookies, people. He did something blatantly petty (note how the tie is tied to the bar, if it were caught on the post this could be deemed an accident).
    Not to be mean, but there's a very strong chance that he might have had a mental problem? o_o; Maybe he had a hard life, and the Wii was all he had, so when he saw his sister watching TV.. "Life just isn't fair!" And decided that if he couldn't have much at all in life he didn't want anything to do with it? o.o
    I was thinking this. If he was depressed, with the final straw being the Wii, then fair enough. I have been diagnosed with ADHD-PI and Asperger's (the latter of these is complete BS) and have gone through a depression in life serious enough to exhibit suicidal thoughts.
    I don't think my "special needs" had anything to do with it though, just the mental changes of puberty. Given that he was 13, the age I was in this state... he reminds me of myself. Nonetheless, I still deem his actions petty, just as I consider my past self petty.

Last edited:

Dr. Salt

Rawr <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2009
    To me in depends on what the situation is. If he killed himself accidentally then that's so sad for him and his family. Also, the tie doesn't have to support his weight really, it just has to cut off his breathing, or whatever a noose does.

If he did kill himself cause he got his we taken up, then he doesn't deserve sympathy. Do you realize how his parents must feel. They're going to regret taken away his Wii for the rest of their lives. An Wiiro

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
    God, you're a jerk.

I agree with Zanacross. He could play the Wii anytime.

I know this post will eventually be deleted just like Zanacross' post but here goes...

In my opinion, the kid hung himself because he didn't get things his own way. If he's stupid enough to hang himself for that then I don't think any sympathy is necessary. His parents should have raised him better.

Agreed that if it was accidental then sympathy is deserved, but the kid still had a major attitude problem.

Also, I'm doubting he hung himself. Surely the tie would come undone or rip under his weight, and DR. Salt, I think he probably would have needed it to support his weight for it to kill him as there wouldn't be enough pressure on his throat otherwise.

Last edited:
    Years
    Wow... that's sad... ;~;

And kind of strange.

Even though he may have had some kind of mental problem, like me. I have aspergers syndrome and bipolar, so that might be part of the reason why I've been suicidal, so maybe he had bipolar or something.

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
    Poor kid.. that's really sad.

My guess is he was maybe bipolar, and overreacted to the situation.

... I don't see how people can laugh at this..

And Zet, I'm wondering the same thing myself.. he must have been pretty small.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    :( awwe
    You guys are insulting Zana :(

the #irc dudeee xD

well; lets face it, people are IDIOTS these days ==

You wanna hang yourself over a bloody Wii, well, your fault, you buy your kid a Wii and he hangs himself over the Wii, you should have known it was coming. If your kid is that obsessed with video games... then why are you buying him a WHOLE CONSOLE?

gosh, and all you people who are flaming Zana have no place... Yeah, he's being a jerk but so are you...

The mods took care of it anyway... And I dont feel sympathy for that kid because he had issues... he now solved them.
    If the incident wasn't his fault, or was a game (like the 10 year old kid who tried to immitate gaara) i would understand... but the kid was 13, had a functional brain, [maybe a little hormones] but its all his fault. m It wasnt accidental, so big deal. If we made such a commotion over every suicide in the word, we would all be scared at home and would put safety-bars everywhere.

This is pathetic.

This really shows some real immaturity. That is a real childish thing to say, and shows you have abit of growing up. Not because you don't feel sorry for another human, that's not the point. But the fact that you excuss Zana's joking about this is pretty sad. This is SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

But seriously, the fact that he is joking about this, is what's making him a jerk. And you are excusing it with half-arsed reasoning. That second paragragh made no sense. And why would we have to lock ourselves up because people are killing themselves? We feel sorryfor another human.

As such, and to Guitar, those are pretty immature thoughts. Not to outright insult you, Guitar, but he was 13. Even though he had a funtional brain, even though he knew the concequenses, doesn't mean that he was in the right mindset. Most kids don't fully understand the concept of death. It is glamorized a bit too much. So think a bit more like an adult when a CHILD DIES.

I don't believe he was mentally ill. That's far too convenient an excuse. You don't have to be retarded to kill youself. Didn't someone say that?

I can't say I fell too sorry for him. You do one thing, another happens. Still, a damn shame.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Why is it that whenever people mention a word such as 'retard', they assume the worst of it? Mental illnesses are medical conditions that disrupt a person's thinking, feeling, mood, ability to relate to others, and daily functioning etc.

Because it's evolved in the English language to have negative connotations. Whether you're a member of the politically correct brigade or not -- believe me, I'm not --, there are words that, in common parlance, are offensive. I really don't need mental illnesses explained to me kthx.

Now wouldn't it be possible that you could characterize these traits into forms of sub-average intellectual functioning? In which basically is retardation at it's lowest. Bear in mind that I'm not at all talking about mental retardation that appears physically, but simply lacking abilities to socialize properly or abnormal character disorders. Wouldn't you classify this as the mind lacking in these parts of the brain? Similar to that of retardation?

I'd call them personality disorders. Also, it's a nature vs. nurture thing -- the personality and mind are affected through development and trauma. Why does it have to have anything to do with intellectual functioning? What I was referring to was depression or borderline personality disorder, which isn't necessarily retardation, considering retardation generally has to do with development and cognitive function.

For you to infer such a statement is quite uncivilized. Yes I used that word, but in no means to offend, and certainly I'm not degrading you in anyway of using that word? Why should you see it as a shallow statement? I have a lung disability, known as Cystic Fibrosis, yet my lungs are not "let back", but it's been known to be labeled as retardation of the lungs, or for diabetics, retardation of the pancreas? So the severity of the word has been overlooked. Once again sorry if I caused you any inconveniences?

Lol uncivilised :p I took no offence at all -- it certainly seems we're taking this too far, which is ridiculous, and I'll admit I misinterpreted what you meant, which I apologise for. I won't back down on the use of the word retard, though, but it's offtopic and we could go on forever and it wouldn't get anywhere.

Cystic fibrosis is congenital though*; depression isn't, depression develops from events that happen, which I wouldn't call retardation at all, as the person can be developmentally ahead and depressed. *shrug* I think we were thinking along the same lines about this issue, though -- it wasn't just the Wii, the person in question was probably suffering from other problems. And eeee, you know how to properly use the word 'infer'! ♥

*Although I'm not implying the converse, that congenital disorders necessarily constitute retardation, but CF inhibits the development of the lungs, furthermore, it's different when referring to the brain or the lungs, although that's probably just a social construct.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2009
    Because it's evolved in the English language to have negative connotations. Whether you're a member of the politically correct brigade or not -- believe me, I'm not --, there are words that, in common parlance, are offensive. I really don't need mental illnesses explained to me kthx.

True it is misused, and thrown around a lot, but who ever said we had to bring it upon our debating as an immature context? And I wish you all the best with your mental health. <3

I'd call them personality disorders. Also, it's a nature vs. nurture thing -- the personality and mind are affected through development and trauma. Why does it have to have anything to do with intellectual functioning? What I was referring to was depression or borderline personality disorder, which isn't necessarily retardation, considering retardation generally has to do with development and cognitive function.

I understand your point of view, and I was just putting my thought out there. Yes mental retardation is present at birth, but occurs during the period of development. And I'm also aware that mental illnesses can affect people of any age. Oh and just so you know; people with mental retardation can experience different types of mental illness with symptoms such as hallucinations or even severe depression. Due to the retardation, they have more of a possibility of it occurring.

Lol uncivilised :p I took no offence at all -- it certainly seems we're taking this too far, which is ridiculous, and I'll admit I misinterpreted what you meant, which I apologise for. I won't back down on the use of the word retard, though, but it's offtopic and we could go on forever and it wouldn't get anywhere.

Quite so, very well discussed though.

Cystic fibrosis is congenital though*; depression isn't, depression develops from events that happen, which I wouldn't call retardation at all, as the person can be developmentally ahead and depressed. *shrug* I think we were thinking along the same lines about this issue, though -- it wasn't just the Wii, the person in question was probably suffering from other problems. And eeee, you know how to properly use the word 'infer'! ♥ *Although I'm not implying the converse, that congenital disorders necessarily constitute retardation, but CF inhibits the development of the lungs, furthermore, it's different when referring to the brain or the lungs, although that's probably just a social construct.

Did you know that they are doing investigations into families with depression to see if traits are passed down to other generations? And yeah you don't have to explain Cystic Fibrosis to me kthxbai lol. xo

Zet

Years
    out of curiosity, when did you find out about this? seeing that it happened in feburary and certain people finding out about this on June 26th, it seems a bit odd if you ask me

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    You'd think if he was going to hang himself over a game console, it'd be at least something better than a Wii.

Tenbinza

Master of the Mighty Harisen!
    Years
    Look, what happened happened. We could blame the kid, the parents, the media and so forth but nothing is gonna change. And how can you be sure the Wii has anything (and everything) to do with it? I think a kid hanging himself over a Wii (or any game console for that matter) sounds too extreme.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I feel sorry for his family but killing your over not being over to play a game =\

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, my little sister is 12, and I have to say, she does make decisions like myself, a 15 year old. I don't think his mind was immature, and I'm pretty sure he would know what happens when you kill yourself, seeing as my little sister is younger but still has a very clear idea of what happens. All I'm saying is if he did do it, I personally think he knew what he was doing.

On the other hand, I do believe the kid should have been getting counseling if his anger issues were that bad. I do feel bad that the kid didn't get counseling, as I'm sure it would have helped him a lot. It's a horrible cause for someone to lose their life over. It shouldn't have happened.

Also, I have stress issues, and although I don't like it being labeled as mental retardation, it is.

—Synonyms: backward, disabled, handicapped. (Provided by https://dictionary.com)
    In other words, not to the full extent as everyone else.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    No, Ooka, she makes decisions like a 12 year old. You are much more mature, and as mature as she may seem (girls tend to mature faster than boys), you'll see her make stupid decisions that makes you wanna say "what the hell? You couldn't think?". Yeah, the boy knows the difference between life & death, but at that age, it seems less dire as it does at the age of 15, 18, or the like. Which is why there are laws for the mindset of children.

Not everyone has the same concept of death. Different ages will think of it differently. Saying "he knew full well what he was doing" is childish, no offense to anyone, but it is. At that age, he has a much less mature mind.

However, explaining it would be useless. You'll see what I mean when you guys are older ;)

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Well, I believe it's the parents' fault for not paying attention to their kids needs, and for getting angry and taking their anger out on their kid. Helpless, immature parents, who had 'better' things to think about then their kid's well-being.

And I wish you all the best with your mental health. <3
    lol, >O

Back