• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

15 Minutes Of Fame

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    When were your fifteen minutes of fame? Were you ever on tv/radio or in a viral video? Maybe you are a local celebrity, or played a big show for a lot of people? Tell us about it.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • The most famous I've ever been was when I was in the local newspaper. That happened several times, but nothing major. For the Queen's 50th Jubilee and other things besides, I was a pretty hard-working kid. Of course, past the age of around 9 I never managed it again XD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I was in the newspaper for academic-type stuff. But there was this one time I feel like I had a chance to get my own story in the news because at my school we had a pi-reciting contest, and the year before, the girl who was breaking all the school records was interviewed by the local news. And then the next year, when I had a pretty decent shot at breaking her record, I thought maybe the news would cover the event again, but they didn't lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Hahaha never happened. When I was younger I was so eager to like showcase myself and it never worked out and then I became reserved over time and now I don't want any attention at all.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Ricky Gervais retweeted a picture of me and a few people at work for Stand Up to Cancer sketch, otherwise that's about it.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I was interviewed when I was 9. I've completely forgotten what the interview was about, but I do remember my friends telling me that they saw me on the television!

Years
  • I felt really good about myself being number 2 in the top 3 players in a Counter Strike competitive match. Otherwise then I really have been no where in the media, like at all.

Oh and winning an online Pokemon TCG tournament.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • When I was in elementary school during an assembly there was something going on and I ended up getting on stage and dancing really wildly, and everyone really liked it. It was me just letting loose as a fifth grader and the crowd there seemed to like it, I guess. I don't remember anything about the assembly but that lmao

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    The most famous I've ever been was when I won a giveaway of a couple Pokemon booster packs from a famous Pokemon Youtuber, PrimetimePokemon. He's got a lot of fans so when I won his giveaway back in 2011, I had a couple of people come to my channel and subscribe and also asking for me to record my booster pack openings lol.

Now I hope I win another giveaway someday 'cause I need more active subscribers.

Years
  • I once submitted a question to a video game reviewing show in 2010, and my question was broadcast around 4 weeks after I submitted it. I did feel embarrassed because I went under an anonymous identity because I was worried people would think it was weird for a then-18-year-old to be asking a question about a Pokemon game.

Years
  • I felt really good about myself being number 2 in the top 3 players in a Counter Strike competitive match. Otherwise then I really have been no where in the media, like at all.

Oh and winning an online Pokemon TCG tournament.

I won a local Pokemon TCG tournament once, but I had to drop out shortly afterward. I felt like a celebrity for a few days though.

Besides that, I've been in the local newspaper a few times, but they were all at least ten years ago.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I won a competition for a football game once and then I was on the halftime show and I got a bunch of free stuff. It was a pre season game so it didn't really matter though. Other than that nothing really special. I don't like to be noticed.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • The most famous thing I've done was appear on TV for local news/feature shows and I currently have a post on tumblr with over 43,000 notes and a few others with 1000 to 3200 notes, which I guess counts as something.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • Nah. I try to stay away from being the center of attention.

I was on a TV show twice when I was younger, tho.

I try not to be too important, so I bought a Lord title of the internet haven't been noticed much.
    Although I have been in a newspaper twice when I was a kid

Once was in the journal

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I guess my fifteen minutes of fame was when my hero/fangirl crush responded to my tweet. *shrug* The reason is because a lot of people try so hard to get his attention and what not. He tries to respond to them on occasion but heh... being a famous person probably isn't easy when you have over a thousand or more followers on twitter. I got lucky because I told him he was my hero on patreon.com once, and he said I was sweet for it. <3

I also recall my parents having this newspaper clipping of my Santa letter they put in the paper. It was some thing the paper was doing for kids I guess... I don't know lol. I don't remember it, but my parents apparently do. XD

Years
  • Now that I think of it... I've had a couple of little things.

When I was little I was on an Auskick team (basically little kiddies pretending they could play Australian Rules Football haha), but for some reason one day we got to have our game at halftime at an actual AFL game. In this massive stadium. Full of people. The funny thing is I remember being totally disinterested.

I've been in the newspaper once or twice for stupid school things, I did however make it into a dance magazine a few years ago after competing in an interstate competition. I was pretty proud of that even though I feel I was only something of an average scorer.

I was on the radio for like five second when I was eight.

Years
  • I don't know if it counts, but I was in a community theater production and a school play in high school. In the high school play, I played an insane person and everyone LOVED it. I had a huge nonsense monologue, but it was absolutely the most fun I've ever had in a production. People still talk about it and are always asking if I'm still doing theater and trying to push me in that direction or get me involved. I also played a kinda bitchy, snooty woman in the community play and that was really fun as well. Theater is kind of awesome to get into.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    tbh the only thing i could think of was from around 5th grade. the day before christmas break i was able to persuade the principal to let some friends and i do a christmas rap on the morning announcements (which if you didn't know, being on the am announcements was the shit). it was basically rudolph the red nose reindeer rapped by a bunch of 5th graders and accompanied by my beat boxing in the background.

Back