• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

150+ dead after multiple Paris terrorist attacks, ISIS to blame

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • https://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/

https://globalnews.ca/news/2337998/...reported-after-shootout-in-french-restaurant/

https://www.dailydot.com/politics/friday-13-shooting-explosion-hostage-central-paris/

https://fox13now.com/2015/11/13/several-killed-in-shooting-outside-paris-restaurant/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34814203

https://abcnews.go.com/International/paris-shootings-explosions-leave-dead-source/story?id=35186222

I dont know how accurate these numbers are, but they are really high. And it seems like these attacks are still continuing.

From what I have gathered, it seems 60 are dead and 100 are being held hostage (again, the numbers and times are different for each article). Apparently there are explosions as well. I dont think the perpetrators have even been confirmed yet, but the borders have been closed. I am assuming there will be some sort of martial law instituted, just a guess.

Ill be praying for all of these people. This is heartbreaking.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Oh I was going to make an thread about this.

If there is some users here from Paris, I hope everyone is safe <3 My thought are with you.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • it is a very small terrorist faction causing such awful things to happen.

-can every country co-operate against them?
    -will political agendas and racist views be put aside for confronting this violent group?

...wishful thinking is all I have. My best wishes to all those affected. I'm absolutely disgusted by what has happened.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The whole France is officially in a state of emergency now. The countries borders are officially shut down for the time being.

That ongoing attack is just one of them, a friend told me that attacks in France have been happening for times already.

This is scary, a real nightmare.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • These people are sick. I don't know what kind of person could go to a populated area and start shooting innocent people like that. I know they believe their religion teaches them to, and that all these innocent people should die because they don't believe the same as them, but for a person to truly believe that and have no problems with shooting people like fish in a barrel.... are they soulless? Do they have a black hole for a heart? Are they mindless fiends that can only take pleasure in the suffering of innocents? The only people worse than the killers are the people cheering and partying on Twitter, as if they did something wonderful.

God rest their souls. I just hope this doesn't happen anywhere else. They were reportedly threatening other places and there's cabals of them all over Europe due to the migrant crisis.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    over 140 deaths now
    this is too much
    hopefully it ends
    im really cryin over this
    i believe the police forces are tryng their best to rescue the vitims

sorry for the typos n such

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The Parisian metropolitan area irc houses a large percentage of France's population so I fear for a lot of people if any more attacks pop up, the chances to cause a lot of damage are high there.

I hope that everything will be solved rapidly. May the parisians stay safe.

Is this even confirmed Islamic state related?
    If so I do wonder how many of the attackers did snuck in during the migration crisis. I had heard rumors that some were sneaking in with the migrants much like how drug cartels acompany illegal immigrants to the U.S. Except that there are more people to hide among here.

over 140 deaths now
    this is too much
    hopefully it ends
    im really cryin over this
    i believe the police forces are tryng their best to rescue the vitims

sorry for the typos n such
    It is sad.

I read that when the police went inside those outside of the theater heard explosions...I hope the cops trying to save them are safe too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    this whole thing is gruesome
    i feel deeply sorry for those innocent souls who died in fear

so far i think theyve shot like only 2 gunmen

Years
  • It's always so terrible when you hear attacks like these that are murdering innocent people, and people getting held hostage isn't too pretty either. My thoughts go out to those in France who are trying to endure this crisis.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • The Parisian metropolitan area irc houses a large percentage of France's population so I fear for a lot of people if any more attacks pop up, the chances to cause a lot of damage are high there.

I hope that everything will be solved rapidly. May the parisians stay safe.

Is this even confirmed Islamic state related?
    If so I do wonder how many of the attackers did snuck in during the migration crisis. I had heard rumors that some were sneaking in with the migrants much like how drug cartels acompany illegal immigrants to the U.S. Except that there are more people to hide among here.
    I've heard that they arrested a person linked to the attacks, and he said "I am ISIS." ISIS operatives are also celebrating on Twitter like it's Christmas so take that as you will. Either way it's certainly Islamist in nature; the terrorists were yelling "Allahu Ackbar" as they were gunning people down. We'll likely have more details tomorrow once the news outlets can get their hands on more information.

As for them being migrants, I'd bet money on it. A lot of the migrants are at least sympathetic to extremist causes, and a good number of them ended up in France. My main worry is that this will happen elsewhere in Europe. There's already places in Sweden and Germany that are practically no-go zones.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I've heard that they arrested a person linked to the attacks, and he said "I am ISIS." ISIS operatives are also celebrating on Twitter like it's Christmas so take that as you will. Either way it's certainly Islamist in nature; the terrorists were yelling "Allahu Ackbar" as they were gunning people down. We'll likely have more details tomorrow once the news outlets can get their hands on more information.

As for them being migrants, I'd bet money on it. A lot of the migrants are at least sympathetic to extremist causes, and a good number of them ended up in France. My main worry is that this will happen elsewhere in Europe. There's already places in Sweden and Germany that are practically no-go zones.

I have heard on social media that IS is threatening to have these kinds of attacks take place in other countries, so Europe and the U.S. are on high alert after this.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Absolutely terrifying. There's a Vine going around of an explosion going off during a football game and it sounds so scary. All the players pretty much stopped moving afterwards. My heart is with Paris tonight. Nous sommes debout, nous sommes unis.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Absolutely terrifying. There's a Vine going around of an explosion going off during a football game and it sounds so scary. All the players pretty much stopped moving afterwards. My heart is with Paris tonight. Nous sommes debout, nous sommes unis.

Is this from Paris as well, Syd? :o

Years
  • Man I don't even know where to start on this one.

Like I've been saying everywhere else, people being mass murdered like this isn't cool, and the only thing this is doing is making people even more hot headed and more generalizing of Muslim people as usual.

The worst part is that you can't even begin to know how to fight this type of thing; People who are willing to kill themselves over whatever views they have, AND this was an In-Country deal?

This, Japan's earthquake...Dark times are ahead indeed, and the fact that it was on Friday the 13th is a cruel universe joke.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The attacks are far serious than the coverage of various medias.

I'm really hoping that the countries will be stricter when it comes to the illegal immigrants. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a racist but there's always a possibility for the bad apples to get smuggled along the other innocent illegal immigrants.

I'm really hoping that the governments (particularly whose countries' at risks) find a counter method to these terrorists, as normal civilians are almost-depending on them when it comes to this kind of safety. One of more these incidents are simply too much.

Just imagine this, you're happily dining with friends and family, then who would have thought that meal will be the worse nightmare of their lives?

My prayer are with the whole Europe. Stay safe and vigilant too.

EDIT: Thanks for letting us know, Syd!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Absolutely terrifying. There's a Vine going around of an explosion going off during a football game and it sounds so scary. All the players pretty much stopped moving afterwards. My heart is with Paris tonight. Nous sommes debout, nous sommes unis.

The football match wasn't the only event caught up in this...

118 people were killed at a concert held by Eagles Of Death Metal. It has been revealed so far that none of the band have been killed in the incident, but they are still concerned for some of their crew members.

Back