• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 151 - 251 - 386 - 493 - ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I don't believe they use ratios to determine how many new Pokemon we get...So the formula was a big waste...

ase

learning How to Hack
    Years
  • i really don't care 'bout the formula (probably doesn't work)as long as they add more fire-types, dragon-types, and water-dragon types i'll be fine

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • idk if he's telling the truth or not, but my friend said that the Isshu pokedex would have 210 pokemon total, including old ones. And I have a feeling that I know the following old ones will be in the isshu pokedex.
    the zubat family
    the geodude family
    the machop family
    the onix family
    the pikachu family
    maybe clefairy, jigglypuff and chansey families?
    the snorlax family.

How do I know this? they have been in every version so far. I don't know for certain, it would just make sense. But Pikachu will definitely be in it, it's like, pokemon's trademark

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    Yeah sorry, but why would a game use a formula to decide how many pokemon get added to a game? They change the amount a lot in the games. I'm just excited about all the new pokemon, seems like its been forever since we've got new ones.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I don't think it will be a number like 600, since they've been using "weird" numbers since Gen III.

What I mean by "weird" is 386, and 493. I mean, first we had 151, 251, and so logically, people expected it to be 351 Pokemon by Gen III, however, that wasn't the case, instead we got 386 Pokemon (wtf?). Now we got 493 Pokemon, which is also a random number, so I'm guessing we're probably going to have a random number like either 599 or 623 or 607 or something like that.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Yeah sorry, but why would a game use a formula to decide how many pokemon get added to a game? They change the amount a lot in the games. I'm just excited about all the new pokemon, seems like its been forever since we've got new ones.

I know its a strange way to do it, but its better than just randomly guessing a number.

I don't believe they use ratios to determine how many new Pokemon we get...So the formula was a big waste...

I never said they did. I did the formulas to get a ROUGH estimate of how many new pokemon we will see.

I don't think it will be a number like 600, since they've been using "weird" numbers since Gen III.

What I mean by "weird" is 386, and 493. I mean, first we had 151, 251, and so logically, people expected it to be 351 Pokemon by Gen III, however, that wasn't the case, instead we got 386 Pokemon (wtf?). Now we got 493 Pokemon, which is also a random number, so I'm guessing we're probably going to have a random number like either 599 or 623 or 607 or something like that.

Yeah that makes sense. I just wanted to show people some sort of ROUGH guess and/or estimate instead of just randomly guessing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    i think they should add less like 100 was a good number in gen 2 and the more they add the more there will be to find faults with.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    i really don't care 'bout the formula (probably doesn't work)as long as they add more fire-types, dragon-types, and water-dragon types i'll be fine

We got a Fire/Dragon and Elec/Dragon as legends coming... I really want an Ice/Dragon but the resistance is against it :( I think we will have like 651 or something...it usually ends in 51 so

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I personally like guessing a random number. 550-620 is a reasonable range for new Pokemon. I'd pick 614 as the new total.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I never said they did. I did the formulas to get a ROUGH estimate of how many new pokemon we will see.

The formula won't net you a rough estimate either... It depends on how many they make... They never use any methods... Just make Pokemon until they feel its enough and don't have enough steam for any more ideas and send it out...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    The formula won't net you a rough estimate either... It depends on how many they make... They never use any methods... Just make Pokemon until they feel its enough and don't have enough steam for any more ideas and send it out...

It's just use of basic statistics. Most reasonable method besides intuitive methods. Nothing wrong with that.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • well i heard from a trustworthy source that in the isshu region there will be over 150 new pokemon seeing that the isshu pokedex probably won't have any pokemon from previous gens. so i think the total will be between 644 and 650. come to think of it. when pokemon started i thought 151 pokemon was too much. but now over 600 !!! wow i'm really hoping for a 6th and 7th generations to remake diamond and pearl and maybe even remake black and white.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    And this thread has been dead since June so...

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back