• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

16:9 or 4:3

What do you prefer?

• Widescreen

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • Full Screen

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Okay this is a poll of what Aspect Ratio we prefer. Widescreen which is 16:9/16:10 and Full screen which is 4:3. There are advantages and disadvantages to each.
    So what do you prefer?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    There aren't any advantages to 4:3/5:4 resolutions. Our eyes are positioned in a wide-screen form factor; so we're more adept to see wide-screen :D

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Why the hell would anyone like 4:3 anymore? Get with the times, Barney.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Yeah I am all widescreen now in my room with my computer monitor, Macbook Pro Monitor and my TV so when I go to another room I gotta readjust alot due to there is only one widescreen display outside of my room.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I prefer 16:9 screens best. My own computer has a 16:9 widescreen ratio, so I got used to it eventually.

Sokai

s ♥ n e
    Years
    DDDD:
    I like full-screen.
    But I'm currently in a debate with myself because I like how widescreen is starting to look too, so I don't know what to set on my iPod for the videos.
    >___<
    But I voted 4:3. :B

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I much prefer 16:10 over anything else. 4:3 is only good when watching older television shows that aren't available in widescreen format. (and even then, that simply to get rid of those vertical black bars.)

If it really came down to it, I would seriously love to have an external screen on my desk that's the 2.21:1 aspect (scope in cinema terms).

as2

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2009
    I much prefer 16:10 over anything else. 4:3 is only good when watching older television shows that aren't available in widescreen format. (and even then, that simply to get rid of those vertical black bars.)

If it really came down to it, I would seriously love to have an external screen on my desk that's the 2.21:1 aspect (scope in cinema terms).

Have you seen the 21:9 LCD TV?
    It's amazing.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I used to vastly prefer 4:3 but that was back when I had an older TV. (Widescreen seemed so damn annoying because of the bars that it adds)

Nowadays I don't have a preference. Both are fine with me, so long as the proper hardware is used to display it.

For example, when I watch videos on my computer, I will prefer 4:3 versions over 16:9 unless on the laptop, when I prefer 16:9 (my laptop is bork atm ;o;)

Anyways, if all I can get is 16:9 then I will just watch the video in windowed mode (unless it exceeds my screen resolution, then I will view it fullscreen and use MPC to apply corrections to the video frame as needed)

I have a 16:9 TV I can use, so long as the file isn't in a Matroska (MKV) container, I can watch it on my TV via the Wii (Yaaaaaay Wii homebrew and MPCE n.n)

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    16:9 or almost any widescreen format. 4:3 is no longer any good except for watching old shows that were aired in 4:3. I hate it when they air shows nowadays in 4:3 first and then 16:9 later. The 4:3 always cuts stuff off. ;;

Back