• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[17.2] B2W2 Style Habitat List

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    I've made enough edits to this script that I'm having trouble figuring out where to put it.
    Where did you put the Pokedex section on 16.2? I tried putting it below @sprites["searchbg"].visible=false in the PScreen_Pokedex section, but I'm not sure that's the right place.

never did get the icon working but i disabled being visible before i fixed the right section to display it.
    but did it under slider and icon "@sprites["icon"]=PokemonSprite.new(@viewport)" maybe add a sprintf in setbitmap? that or _INTL (both the slider icon and entry icon use that so?)

for the button i just put it where the current search one is. (as there are two button areas one for entry and one for the list)

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    I needed more habitat icons, so I drew some. I also separated "grass" and "place". If anyone wants to use these, please feel free to.

@Boonzeet: If you'd like to include these in the main download, go right ahead.

Included are: Cave, Rock Smash, Headbutt, Lava, Swamp, Town, and Grass.

EDIT: Added a Dive icon.

Attachments

• [17.2] B2W2 Style Habitat List
      habitat_cave.png
      376 bytes · Views: 735
      habitat_grass.png
      276 bytes · Views: 739
      habitat_headbutt.png
      341 bytes · Views: 732
      habitat_lava.png
      368 bytes · Views: 731
      habitat_rocksmash.png
      330 bytes · Views: 733
      habitat_town.png
      339 bytes · Views: 735
      habitat_swamp.png
      396 bytes · Views: 735
      habitat_dive.png
      350 bytes · Views: 705
    • More Habitat Icons.zip
      3.9 KB · Views: 14
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I try to put it as it comes in the instructions (only the topic of the map that is the interest) it does not even let me enter by pressing F. (I am in version 16.2)

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    I try to put it as it comes in the instructions (only the topic of the map that is the interest) it does not even let me enter by pressing F. (I am in version 16.2)

F us a input added within essentials 17.2 its the same as using F5 ingame. that or add F under the F5 input return.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Sorry for the back to back posts; i've got an issue on newer saves, after the enter name step i get an error "in `loadEncountersForType'undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass" it refers to the types.each part, not sure what the issue is...

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    never did get the icon working but i disabled being visible before i fixed the right section to display it.
    but did it under slider and icon "@sprites["icon"]=PokemonSprite.new(@viewport)" maybe add a sprintf in setbitmap? that or _INTL (both the slider icon and entry icon use that so?)

for the button i just put it where the current search one is. (as there are two button areas one for entry and one for the list)
    I figured out the button issue. I also had to backport a few functions from PE v17 (such as def setOffset and def changeOrigin from class PokemonSprite), and revert a class name change (class PokemonRegionMapScene was renamed to class PokemonRegionMap_Scene in v17 for some dumb reason). Then after all that and meticulously setting up all my encounter data, most things are working.

However, I still cannot figure out how to pull up the habitat list from the region map. I just get the buzzer error sound if I try, even after running Habitats.setup in-game first. Have you managed to figure out this issue...?

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    Actually, I tried installing this on a fresh copy of PE v17.2 and the region map still plays the buzzer sound and does not open the habitat screen for any tile other than the ones defined by the RegionOverride hash.

Am I missing something? My understanding was that the RegionOverride has was only for sub-areas like caves. Do I need to define everything this way?

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Actually, I tried installing this on a fresh copy of PE v17.2 and the region map still plays the buzzer sound and does not open the habitat screen for any tile other than the ones defined by the RegionOverride hash.

Am I missing something? My understanding was that the RegionOverride has was only for sub-areas like caves. Do I need to define everything this way?

are the maps defined for you got metadata with places they appear on the map? otherwise they wont be accessible via the regionmap, works fine for me (it also wont work if there isnt data for it in the townmap.txt thing aswell so)

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    More attempts to make there is no way, if someone managed to put it in 16.2 it would be good to send captures from where they put it

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    More attempts to make there is no way, if someone managed to put it in 16.2 it would be good to send captures from where they put it

what specific part do you mean you where to put it? like the buttons in the townmap and pokedex or the script in general?

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years

The maps need metadata for region map location and need to have been visited, otherwise the player can just see lists of Pokémon in routes they've not visited

Boonzeet

Years
    Sorry for the back to back posts; i've got an issue on newer saves, after the enter name step i get an error "in `loadEncountersForType'undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass" it refers to the types.each part, not sure what the issue is...

Are you still seeing this error? Have you made changes? And can you give me the full error message (line numbers, script files, call stack)

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Are you still seeing this error? Have you made changes? And can you give me the full error message (line numbers, script files, call stack)

I am still getting it not touched the code since as im unsure of the issue.
    it seems unable to grab the types? just going off the error;
    i can give you my version of your script, made minor changes (mostly just adding stuff so)

Spoiler:

Years
    Hello.

When you see the Pokémon that appears in some habitat, it only displays the sprite form of the original Pokémon, not the alternative form.

Example: In Route X, there are wild Galarian Farfetch'd but in the habitat list of that route, you see them like the original Farfetch'd.

Is there any way to make the alternative forms appear in the habitat list??? That could be great to show exactly what pokemon are in the wild.

Boonzeet

Years
    Hello.

When you see the Pokémon that appears in some habitat, it only displays the sprite form of the original Pokémon, not the alternative form.

Example: In Route X, there are wild Galarian Farfetch'd but in the habitat list of that route, you see them like the original Farfetch'd.

Is there any way to make the alternative forms appear in the habitat list??? That could be great to show exactly what pokemon are in the wild.

This is a great suggestion. I'm working on an update and will try to fix this in the next version.

Years
    Great script! I've been using both this and the phenomenom one on my fangame and they both work perfectly for me.

I'd actually found one problem (which it isn't that big of an issue because you really need to go for it) but if you have a lot of Pokémon for one type of encounter (for example, I have Dark Grass too so I have more Pokémon than usual on grass) it can just exceed the screen size!

Maybe on a future you can make it so you can scroll down (it's just an idea) but in any case it's a really good resource and my "problem" it is really hard to happen

Years
    Hey Boon! I can make a BW Styled version of this, and post it here if anyone is interested in the BW style, so can I have the permission to do so?

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Hey Boon! I can make a BW Styled version of this, and post it here if anyone is interested in the BW style, so can I have the permission to do so?

This is a public thread so I'm sure there's no problem in making any change to the script and sharing it here.

Years
    I really like this script, but I'm having difficulty using it. I've tried for a while but all I get is one town on the Habitat List.

So, I started a new game, and oddly this only works on the Essentials default maps for me?

It really is odd. There may be an easy fix, but how would I get around this?

Boonzeet

Years
    I really like this script, but I'm having difficulty using it. I've tried for a while but all I get is one town on the Habitat List.

So, I started a new game, and oddly this only works on the Essentials default maps for me?

It really is odd. There may be an easy fix, but how would I get around this?

Are you setting up the maps in the config? It's not automatic, you'll need to set up every map (or sequence of maps in a single place, like a cave) that you'd like to appear in the config.

Back