• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] [17.2] Overworld sprites getting stuck between positions at certain movement speeds

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I've noticed that when an event's speed is set to something other than 3, it sometimes gets locked in a strange position (more common with speeds 2 & 1, but also has happened with 4, 5, & 6). This video provided shows this problem, and it's in default essentials v17.2, so it's not like I messed with the files. This event was really easy to make, and here's the page for the one I tested it with:
    [17.2] Overworld sprites getting stuck between positions at certain movement speeds

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? Is there a fix for it or a way I can set up events that will avoid this? I've noticed that if I have the default speed at 3, change it to 2 while moving, and then set it back to 3 at the end of the move route, it will *sometimes* fix the problem. I also haven't really seen this in other fan games, so there must be something they are doing to avoid this problem if it exists universally.

Attachments

• Pokemon Essentials 2020-10-31 21-49-26.mp4
      2.6 MB
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I don't usually use speeds other than the default 3, so I haven't really noticed this myself, but you could try adding a "Wait 1 frame(s)" command just after "Wait for Move's Completion". The extra frame shouldn't be noticeable.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't usually use speeds other than the default 3, so I haven't really noticed this myself, but you could try adding a "Wait 1 frame(s)" command just after "Wait for Move's Completion". The extra frame shouldn't be noticeable.

Hmm that didn't seem to work. I guess I'll just keep messing around with setting the speed to 3 in the middle of things because that seems to work most of the time at least. Thanks for your help anyway.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Weird, maybe you can try force changing the event's direction? The NPC is moving down two steps, so after that completes you could add a new move route that is just "Turn Down" and see if that changes the graphic.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Weird, maybe you can try force changing the event's direction? The NPC is moving down two steps, so after that completes you could add a new move route that is just "Turn Down" and see if that changes the graphic.

I've tried similar things to this, and it doesn't do anything. I've actually noticed that making an event turn after completing a moving segment makes this problem worse, and these are the situations where changing the move speed to 3 after the move's completion sometimes has trouble.

Back