• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

17-Year Locusts Returning

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
At least they aren't fish flies, which are every single year...

The fish fly infestation is so bad that once their season is over, people have to sweep them into piles like raking leaves in the fall, and they cover the ground and you can hear them popping when you walk... u__u they're so much worse than cicadas lol

Swarm vid ;~;

But I remember when it was a cicada year in Cincinnati about 12 years ago, maybe they're due for that in another 5 years. I actually like how cicadas sound, too.

@KingCharizard: They hang out underground for about 17 years until they mature.

I can't. Just no. Asdfghjkl.
That video literally sent shivers up my spine.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Oh my god I remember seeing one on a bush at my house when I was like 11. It flew onto my back and I am forever nervous around pretty large bugs because of that. I remember running around my house and into my back door screaming.

Back