• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: 1K Posts, 2K Posts, etc Emblems

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I can see the logic in an emblem for 1k posts. Breaking your first thousand IS a milestone.
    Nothing for 2-9k is needed. Perhaps an additional requirement that stipulates that you haven't been infracted for that first thousand or haven't been infracted more than once...this would discourage those who'd spam for the emblem.

I don't see a need for a 5k emblem, you get a blog then, we have a 10k emblem, and anything after that point is moot, because you'll be rolling in emblems anyways if you're not a mod or have been a mod by then...typically if you rack up that amount, you're almost sure a plausible candidate to become a mod if your activity is constant and behavior isn't too bad.

And yes I'm aware post count doesn't matter in mod considerations, but most of the people who HAVE reached that goal have probably been considered historically, even if they didn't get it.

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't see what's so bad about the idea. Maybe not for every thousand posts, because that would be way too many emblems to give out, but maybe just a 1000, 5000 and 10000?

It's a nice idea, and I really don't see how it will disadvantage the forum - if somebody tries to spam to get their post count up they get infracted, simple as that. If somebody wants to post without putting much effort into their posts, let them. If they're not breaking any rules I don't see what the big fuss is about.

NatureKeeper

It's almost my 3rd PokéCommunity Birthday, and I have only like, I don't know 950+ posts? Not everybody is a quick poster who can get as high as 10k or 5k posts, seriously. So, the emblems are a good idea overall.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    We already have rewards for getting 5k posts, 10k posts or someone who simply posts a great deal. To be true, I think post count shouldn't be of interest at any rate, I don't think it reflects upon anything, as it is a fairly useless statistic in some right, and I personally don't take a great deal of notice with it, so I do not think that it should be acclaimed, people should be rewarded for insightful posting, more so, not the quantity of posts, I think that quality of posting should far more over shine how often a person posts, even though activity is a desirable trait to see. But my point simply stands, that I think we should try award more insightful posting than quantity.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    The problem is that there isn't enough staff members to patrol for "meaningful" posts. Not to mention that "Meaningful" is subjective in the extreme and only people the staff member likes is likely to win such an emblem. I've seen this before with other emblems, so you can't pretend this isn't the case.

Also, since the staff never will list all the emblems that exist, how is the member base to know what they're awarded for to point out someone who obviously deserves an emblem?

Years
    The problem is that there isn't enough staff members to patrol for "meaningful" posts. Not to mention that "Meaningful" is subjective in the extreme and only people the staff member likes is likely to win such an emblem. I've seen this before with other emblems, so you can't pretend this isn't the case.

Also, since the staff never will list all the emblems that exist, how is the member base to know what they're awarded for to point out someone who obviously deserves an emblem?

You make it sound as though the staff are all of a hive mind. The staff are individuals who will cover a pretty broad spectrum of what is "meaningful" because they all have different interests and views on things.

Well, the staff only lists the general PC ones. The ones for individual boards are up to the moderators of those individual sections as to whether they want to make those known or not (at least, that's how I understand it to work), and for these you kinda have to frequent the section to know who'd be eligible anyways. Some of the others are from events run in the past and are no longer obtainable, and the rest are personal emblems that are up to the discretion of the individual staff members anyway, so there's no point in letting these be known who's is who's, because that would just lead to the inboxes of staff members being clogged up with trivial things like requesting that staff member's personal emblem, as opposed to more important matters like alerting about personal attacks, section-related requests, and alerting them of other members who're deserving of a non-personal, non-event emblem.

As for the matter at hand, I think an emblem for 1k wouldn't be a bad addition, though we don't need one for 5k or 10k because 5k has blogs and we already have one that covers 10k.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    How about an emblem for 1K, 10K, 100K, etc. You see the pattern, right?

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2011
    I'll have enough trouble getting to my 15. XD

No, in all seriousness, I've been on multiple forums where something like this was enabled and then removed because members would try to achieve the next highest reward for their post count faster, and faster, and faster.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I don't mind the idea of 1k (as much as it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, seeing the number 1,000 next to your name does give a little sense of self-satisfaction), then every multiple of 5k. I know people get blogs after 5k, but giving them an emblem doesn't seem like that much extra work in the grand scheme of things, especially as it will take a fair while for people to even reach these milestones. Unless it is too much effort, on the other hand...

Years
    To be true, I think post count shouldn't be of interest at any rate, I don't think it reflects upon anything, as it is a fairly useless statistic in some right, and I personally don't take a great deal of notice with it, so I do not think that it should be acclaimed.
    I think it's hard to say that post count is useless and not worthy of an emblem when we currently have a gender-bending emblem available. I couldn't care less about getting emblems myself, it's just I don't see why people are so opposed to this.

Back