• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[1Q 2012] Roleplay Awards ★

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

★ First Quarter 2012 Roleplay Awards ★

The Roleplay Awards (or RPAs as it is most commonly known) is a community run event, promoting the growth of the Roleplay Corner by letting our members nominate and honour our most skilled and talented players. Nominated roleplays and roleplayers then go through a selection process, each carefully assessed by a team of judges before the final winners are decided.

The RPAs are run once every season and selected threads and members are usually awarded with a name change or a shiny new emblem to add to their collection.

Rules:
    • All nominations end on 11:59pm on the 7th of March (GMT), though I will keep the thread editable until I lock it myself on the 8th of March and judging will proceed after that. Any posts made after the deadline will be deleted. That gives you about two weeks for everyone to post your nominations. If you didn't get a post in, that's your own fault!
    • You cannot nominate yourself! That's a little narcissistic, don't you think?
    • This is not a thread for idle chit chat! Only one post per person. You can thank those who nominated you or your thread in the Roleplay Discussion Thread.
    • You do not have to be in a Roleplay to nominate it, but you do indeed need to be an active member of this board to participate (unless you read Roleplays profusely in your spare time but are too afraid to join them. If this is the case, please PM or VM me before posting your votes).
    • If you do not wish to make your nominations public, feel free to PM me your post.
    • All threads and members nominated must be currently active. You cannot nominate a locked or a dead roleplay or a member who has been inactive in the roleplay boards for over a month.
    • It is essential you write a few sentences on why you nominated that roleplay or roleplayer and why you think they deserve the recognition. The winners will be based on these explanations so it is super important that you post anything to support your evidence such as links to posts or sign ups. Any votes without any kind of acknowledgement why will not be counted.
    • You cannot vote for a previous winner from the last RPA. Sorry guys, but we need to give everyone a chance! The last winner from the previous RPAs will be showcased under each category.
    • If a winner is one who has already won the emblem before, they will not receive a new one.

Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay:
    Last RPA Winner: Percy Jackson: War of the Gods
    The best roleplay created this or last month (after the 1st of December). The winner will receive a new title and bragging rights.

Best Veteran Roleplay:
    Last RPA Winner: Pokémon Trainer Academy
    The best roleplay created before last month (before the 1st of December). The winner will receive a new title and bragging rights.

Most Original Roleplay:
    Last RPA Winner: Atlantis Arising and Animal DNA Project
    The most creative, different and original roleplay. The winner will receive a new title and bragging rights.

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer:
    Last RPA Winner: Wymsical DISQUALIFIED
    The best roleplayer who has joined the Roleplay Corner this or last month (after the 1st of December). The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights.

Most Improved Roleplayer:
    Last RPA Winner: Chef30
    They may have started out as noobs, but this player has flourished and bloomed into the great roleplayer that they are today. The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights (and perhaps a few nostalgic blonde moments).

Best Game Master:
    Last RPA Winner: Supervegeta
    The gamemaster who organises, entertains, is helpful, friendly and just generally good at their job. The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights.

Best Sign-Up Writer:
    Last RPA Winner: Silver Rogue
    This player can write interesting and well written sign ups in their sleep. The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights.

Most Helpful Player:
    Last RPA Winner: Skymin
    They may not be the best roleplayer, but they certainly are active, keen to help and always a pleasure to have aboard a team. The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights (and a gold star).

Best Roleplayer:
    The greatest player who seem to be great at everything they do (oh, how we envy them!). The winner will receive a new emblem and ultimate bragging rights (and probably an oversized ego).

So, what are you waiting for? Let the nominations begin!

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    I Nominate...

Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay: Inner Demon: The best Roleplay that popped up in the last month or so. It is entertaining, and the character interactions are great. The idea is great, and I hope it succeeds and goes far, as it is a very fun RP to be apart of at the moment.

Best Veteran Roleplay: Atlantis Arising: Probably the greatest RP I've ever been apart of. It is engaging, has a collection of terrific characters, a pair of great GMs, and a great plot.

Most Original Roleplay: Voyage: I took a look at the OOC thread and saw how interesting the plot is. The situation the RPers are in is definitely unique, and full of mystery. I wonder what this RP is truly about. Either way, it is definitely original.

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer: GrayScale, Sir Bastian, or |Equinox|, still debating.

Most Improved Roleplayer: TBA

Best Game Master: PkMN Trainer Yellow- Managing an RP that wasn't even hers to begin with, she's done a terrific job, now extending the RP to the longest I've ever seen. She also manages over 30 different characters, and all of the different RPers in the RP. This nomination is well deserved.

Best Sign-Up Writer: Raikiri- Seriously, just look at his SUs, whether the recent ones like the ones for Inner Demon, Atlantis Arising, or Zodiac Reborn, or looks at his older ones like the ones in Can't Break me, won't shake me, Dragon's Breath, or BROKEN. His SUs are lengthy and his characters interesting and quite unique.

Most Helpful Player: PkMN Trainer Yellow- I'm going to say her here as well mostly for her contributions in PTA as well as for the creation of the Roleplayer's Etiquette 101 thread. Truly, she is someone who strives to help beginning RPers get a handle of the RP Corner here on PC, and deserving of a nomination for this award.

Best Roleplayer: Greiger: Because not only does he post consistently in all of his RPs, but he also creates great characters, and fills into the storyline perfectly. His posts in Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning, First Contact, and Disease Deoxys,are top notch, and makes him deserving of this honor.

Last edited:

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
    Years
  • I nominate:

Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay: I'm really torn between Arcanum and Disease Deoxys, but since somebody's obviously going to nominate the latter, I'm nominating the former.

Best Veteran Roleplay: Bandwagoning with SV. Atlantis Arising is great.

Most Original Roleplay: Inner Demon. Few would have thought of an idea to mix doomsday with Pokemon Trainer Academy.

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer: -Grayscale-. If he started off this amazingly, imagine how awesome of an RPer he would be after a few RPs. Really easy pick here.

Most Improved Roleplayer: Uh...I'll pass.

Best Game Master: PkMn Trainer Yellow. The amount of people who could run an RP the size of Pokemon Trainer Academy better than Yellow is few, if any at all.

Best Sign-Up Writer: I was going to nominate Raikiri as well.

Most Helpful Player: Passing.

Best Roleplayer: There are really a lot I could think up of, but one great RPer who had been largely overlooked in the last version of the thread was Mira. She writes very well, and I can't quite place why no one voted for her last time.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • I nominate:

Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay:
    TBA

Best Veteran Roleplay:
    TBA

Most Original Roleplay:
    TBA

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer:
    TBA

TBA

Best Game Master:
    PkMnTrainer Yellow. I usually turn to her when I need to know what's up in a RP, like Pokemon Trainer Academy. She always gets me to understand stuff.

Best Sign-Up Writer:
    TBA

Most Helpful Player:
    PkMnTrainer Yellow. I remember recently when Yellow explained to me about her new RP, Pokemon Fallout, & now I know what to write in my SU.

Best Roleplayer:
    TBA

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
  • Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay:
    Disease Deoxys -- I voted for this RP cause for a new RP it already has more posts than a few of the older ones, and even though im not in it this RP is great. :)

Best Veteran Roleplay:
    Atlantis Arising -- This RP is a gr8 RP, I would'v joined but for some reason i decided not to. Plus i like to read in this RP, it' amusing. ^^

Most Original Roleplay:
    Bara's Storm -- The story plot is nice and original, plus is a gr8 RP that i think should win in the RPA's. :)

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer:
    TBA

TBA

Best Game Master:
    Pkmn Trainer Yellow -- Always been a good GM, always will be. This person takes GMing seriously and makes sure everything goes right. Like in one of the most successful RP's, Pokemon Trainer Academy. :)

Best Sign-Up Writer:
    TBA

Most Helpful Player:
    Chef30 -- She's helped me allot through out my RPing years, and without her i would have never started to Roleplay. :)

Best Roleplayer:
    TBA

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • I was going to get myself involved in the other RPAs but I like this new idea. I will put up my old picks up here. Expect some overlap, since some people have beat me to making my picks XD. Will be edited with explanations shortly.

Thread Awards

Best Rookie Roleplay: Inner Demon. Starting strong out the gate with plenty of interesting interaction carried by well crafted characters played a great group of roleplayers, Inner Demon shows a lot of promise for a starting roleplay. It has plenty of activity, a plot with great potential and enough drama it makes most soap operas look tame. It's great fun and I cannot wait till the real meat of the story gets started.

Best Veteran Roleplay: Atlantis Arising. This is easily the best RP I have been involved in here at PC. An excellent of roleplayers playing great characters (except mine, he sucks) with an engaging story. There is not one bad post in this roleplay and each post is a joy to read. Everyone is committed to see this one through to the end and I could not be more excited to be involved in it.

Most Original Roleplay: Also going with Inner Demon. Pokemon Trainer Academy meets teenage angst meets Atlantis Arising. School themed roleplay with superpowered flawed characters. It has a great set up, with an intriguing plot and it is managed by Mira who always makes unique and fun roleplays.

Member Awards

Best Rookie Roleplayer: I don't even know who the rookies are anymore.

Most Improved Roleplayer: I am going to have to pass this time.N/A

Best Game Master: PkMnTrainer Yellow. It is about time that Yellow wins this award, as she is easily one of the best (if the best) GM here at PC. She took over over a RP that was not even hers and made it the most active (and popular) thread, obtaining more views and posts that the discussion thread which was been around for far longer. She keeps the roleplayers engaged and the roleplay exciting through her excellent work ethnic and commitment to the roleplay. And she just opened up a new roleplay which looks just as good. This woman is a saint.

Best Sign-Up Writer: Saturated Hue. Of all the SUs I have seen in the past few weeks, hers was the most impressive. I had a clear vision of the character and it was easy to get a feel for the character. She put a lot of work into and it shows. Her SUs are easy on the eyes too. Makes it easier to read.

Most Helpful Player: Ichiro (or Japanese symbols?). He has helped me with a few posts here and there and has helped make up a few characters for future RPs.

Best Roleplayer: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers. Activity and consistency are the necessary ingredients to win this award and Red has them in spades. Her posts in Atlantis are some of my favorites and considering she has other commitments in life and on PC (who doesn't really?), her posts are always amazing. It is about time she gets recognized.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay: ?
    ???

Best Veteran Roleplay: Pokémon Trainer Academy
    Longest and largest Roleplay I've ever seen or been involved with. Truly astounding.

Most Original Roleplay: ?
    ???

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer: ?
    ???

Most Improved Roleplayer: ?
    ???

Best Game Master: PkMnTrainer Yellow (AKA Marin)
    Best GameMaster I know of, she helped me keep my secret character for some fun surprises!

Best Sign-Up Writer: PkMnTrainer Yellow
    My personal favorite was on my Zelda RP, where she plays a thick-headed tomboy. Definitely clashing with my character... XD

Most Helpful Player: ?
    ???

Best Roleplayer: PkMnTrainer Yellow
    I've noticed that she always seems to have the longest posts, the greatest detail, and always a hint of sarcasm.

RolePlayGirl 11

ღ Ranger Girl
    Years
  • Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay:
    TBA

Best Veteran Roleplay:
    TBA

Most Original Roleplay:
    Bara's Storm

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer:
    TBA

Shinysweety

Best Game Master:
    Pokemon Trainer Yellow

Best Sign-Up Writer:
    TBA

Most Helpful Player:
    Shinysweety

Best Roleplayer:
    TBA

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay:
    TBA

Best Veteran Roleplay:
    Pokemon Trainer Academy

Most Original Roleplay:
    TBA

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer:
    TBA

Shinysweety

Best Game Master:
    TBA

Best Sign-Up Writer:
    TBA

Most Helpful Player:
    Shinysweety

Best Roleplayer:
    TBA

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • [FONT=&quot]Best Rookie Roleplay:[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Pokemon: A Fresh Start – It's a very interesting and thrilling Rp which I just had to join and don't regret making the choice. It has a nice free plot and always brings us new events and challenges. Hope it will make it 'till the end[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Best Veteran Roleplay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A new professor in town - Kanto Adventure PG13[/FONT] I miss the good old days when I was writing for this one. Too bad it died but I'll always remember it…being my first RP I joined.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Most Original Roleplay:
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Digimon Heroes – Brings a new wind through these pokemon Rps and has a very nice plot which makes it stand out from other digimon Rps that once were created here.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    Best Rookie Roleplayer:

TBA
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Most Improved Roleplayer:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers[/FONT][FONT=&quot] – I've watched this person over the years and the post wirtten got better and better until i couldn't get enough of them.

Best Game Master:
    Swan – Always a pleasure to wait for a new chapter to be written or new events to be made by Swan in her Rps. Her Rps are always a pleasure to read and take part it.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Best Sign-Up Writer:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers – The Su's and characters made by RDCP are always unique and a thrill to read about.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Most Helpful Player:
    Swan – Always can count on Swan for a piece of advice or an opinion on something. Even if i bug her sometimes she still gives me help.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    Best Roleplayer:
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers RHCP post are always a joy to read and always makes you want to read more and can't get enough of them.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

poopy777

Pikachu Lover <3
    Years
  • Best Rookie Roleplay:
    TBA

Best Veteran Roleplay:
    TBA

Most Original Roleplay:
    TBA

Best Rookie Roleplayer:
    TBA

Shinysweety

Best Game Master:
    Pkmn trainer yellow

Best Sign-Up Writer:
    TBA

Most Helpful Player:
    Shinysweety

Best Roleplayer:
    TBA

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    (I will finish these later)

I nominate:

Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay:
    Arcanum: It has a very well thought out plot line, and is managed very well.

Best Veteran Roleplay:

Most Original Roleplay:

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer:
    TBA

{Swan} : She has been in a few of my RP's over the years, and she has just continued to get better and better, I always look forward to reading her next posts.

Best Game Master:
    Me? No but seriously this one has to go to Red's Hawt Chibi Pellippers:

Best Sign-Up Writer:
    TBA

Most Helpful Player:

Best Roleplayer:
    Wolfwhispers: Her posts are so vivid and descriptive that I almost feel like I am there watching the scene unfold before my eyes. In every role play she has been in of mine, I always see the depth and development of her characters over the long run, and that is something that should never be left out.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay:
    Destiny Deoxys. Equinox has made sure that this roleplay is one that will run its full course and while at the beginning it was going really fast it's now slowed down to a comfortable pace with everyone contributing their best.

Best Veteran Roleplay:
    Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning. Supervegeta has made sure that this roleplay rocks to the core. He keeps the story moving and makes sure that the pace is comfortable for all. He has created great scenarios and actually makes his roleplayers feel like heroes, or villians, which is awesome!

Most Original Roleplay:
    TBA

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer:
    Grayscale. His posts are long and detailed and show just how good of a writer he is.

TBA

Best Game Master:
    TBA

Best Sign-Up Writer:
    TBA

Most Helpful Player:
    TBA

Best Roleplayer:
    TBA

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay:
    Last RPA Winner: Percy Jackson: War of the Gods

Best Veteran Roleplay:
    Last RPA Winner: Pokémon Trainer Academy

Most Original Roleplay:
    Last RPA Winner: Atlantis Arising and Animal DNA Project

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer:
    Last RPA Winner: Wymsical DISQUALIFIED

Last RPA Winner: Chef30

Best Game Master:

Best Sign-Up Writer:
    Last RPA Winner: Silver Rogue

Most Helpful Player:
    Last RPA Winner: Skymin
    Zerin

All of the RPers at Pokemon Trainer Academy deserve my thanks as being extremely helpful. I couldn't run a roleplay that large if they didn't do their part. However, on top of being one of those members, Zerin stuck out to me. You know what I don't see a whole lot of these days? I don't see many people who are willing to go up to another RPer and tell them that they like their roleplaying, that they enjoy their posts and show them some lurv and respect. As someone with anxiety and self-conciousness problems, that sort of thing was probably the most helpful thing I could've asked for, and I didn't even have to ask in any way. Kindness; unadulterated, uninvited kindness.

Best Roleplayer:

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Thread Awards

Best Rookie Roleplay: Arcanum, definitely. It's an amazing RP, good storyline, and pulling off a whole new original region is not an easy thing to do. Not only that, but the chapters that RHCP sets for all of us are simple and straight, following the story and at the same time letting us all experiment with our own creative ways. Amazing RP, overall.

Best Veteran Roleplay: I'm gonna go for Atlantis Arising here. Super powers meet real world! It's been going strong, it has almost no short posts, all the characters have something to do and post about, the GMs have maintained it so well... it's an amazing RP.

Most Original Roleplay: Inner Demon here. It's a really dark RP, with a kind of Superheroes meet Pokemon Trainer Academy feel. It's going to be an awesome RP, I just know it, even though it's just started lol. Interaction between people make everybody have something to post about and it's almost the perfect pace for me too. Love the story too, a good twist to the usual jolly mood Pokemon :D

Member Awards

Best Rookie Roleplayer: -Grayscale-. And tbh a lotta people in Destiny Deoxys eligible for this, but yes, -Grayscale- deserves it imo. His posts are rarely short, he's maintaining the RP pretty well, his writing is pretty good... so yeah.

Most Improved Roleplayer: Yeaaaaah not gonna vote in this category this time.

Best Game Master: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers. Of course, not only is her RP an amazing one, she is an amazing GM as well. She encourages us to write even better than we do, rates our posts fairly, sets some good objectives. Even more than that, she offers us some help by actually providing people with events giving us some ideas to work upon when we don't have a lot to write (like here) And even though she's not a player in the RP, she offers to write Joint Posts with the players to help them along. (like she offered right here)

Best Sign-Up Writer: Definitely Raikiri. All his SUs are amazingly detailed, all his characters are interesting and different, and all of them are written cleanly. I love reading his SUs! :D His SUs in Atlantis Arising (here) and in Inner Demon (here) were some of the most amazing ones that I've read.

Most Helpful Player: I guess I'll pass this for now.

Best Roleplayer: Hmmm... had to think hard for this one, but I guess I'll nominate Raikiri Some of the reasons I've already listed above, but a few more that I like about his ability as a RPer is that his posts are never ever short, they have amazing amount of detail, always well written. Like this post right here.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • Thread Awards:
    Best Rookie Roleplay:
    Disease Deoxys by Equinox and Grayscale.
    It's only just started and already going strong, even if a little fast. It gets a bit off track sometimes and the thread is a bit cluttered, but the posts are very well written and nearly all the members post daily, except for the ones that aren't able to. Even though it's been moving swiftly, the posts are still a good length, each at least a couple paragraphs each. I've been enjoying the short amount of time I've been in this RP, and hope in doesn't die out like so many RPs seem to.
    Best Veteran Roleplay:
    Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning by Supervegeta.
    The plot is written out so that even those who were not in past Pokemon Odysseys would be able to understand what is going on. I was reading through the first few posts and nearly forgot I was even reading a RP, which is one of the reasons I joined as I enjoy roleplaying with those better than me in the hopes that I can learn something from them. Even the characters that belonged to members who are no longer in the RP are kept as NPCs that are controlled by the GM.
    Most Original Roleplay:
    Inner Demon by Mira.
    It brings out the dark facts of life like no other RP I've seen. It's difficult to find a RP that lays down bare facts so hard as this one. It is depicted in the Pokemon world, but it is a perfect description of the human race today and what its greed could lead to in the future. I've seen ways to connect things in the plot to real life happenings. The whole idea of struggling with "inner darkness" may be old, but as far as I know it has never been used in this way. Instead of merely trying to control your own dark emotions, you're also trying to help the rest of mankind.
    Member Awards:
    Best Rookie Roleplayer:
    Grayscale.
    He's only just recently joined PC and is already an amazing Co-GM of Disease Deoxys. I wouldn't be surprised if he RPed somewhere else before coming to PC because his skills are truly great. His SU for Disease Deoxys was well written with a detailed history, and his posts are that of a skilled roleplayer. I look forward to seeing how he does in the future.
    Jasonwolf.
    Back in 2010 we were in a RP together and both of us were making these short little posts without much imagination in them. Now, I'm comparing his posts to his earlier ones and I must say I'm glad I'm not the only to have improved since then. What were mere one-liners 2 years ago are now real posts.
    Best Game Master:
    PkMnTrainer Yellow.
    Taking over as GM of The Pokemon Trainer of Academy after jackblaze left couldn't have been easy. For it to still be going strong is even more amazing. I don't know her at all really, and I've never even been in the same RP as her, but from what I've seen she has done a good job of keeping Academy under control and enjoyable for members.
    Best Sign-Up Writer:

Most Helpful Player:
    PkMnTrainer Yellow.
    Her thread Roleplayer's Etiquette 101 was a large help to me. It's full of useful information that I had never even thought of before, and it's helped me become a better RPer. As I read this thread, I realized that many times when I was making a posts either here on some other website, I was either being over-dramatic or god modding without even realizing it. Even now, if I'm ever wondering about something I'll check her thread to see if there's anything that could help me.
    Best Roleplayer:
    Silver Rogue.
    If I'm trying to catch up in a thread, his posts are always the ones I stop to actually read rather than just skim over. They're interesting and well written with just the right amount of imagination. Of course, he does make some mistakes, but they are far and few in between. When he made Dragon's Breath a few months back, the plot was neatly written and very in-depth. He gives others a chance to respond to his posts, which is something I've seen many RPers fail to do.​

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Sarah Palin here. Yes, I am here to relay Nakuzami's nominations to you, the adoring public. Remember, Nakuzami's word is final, which means any and all people he mentions here automatically win their respective categories. No arguments. Nakuzami says that he doesn't want to hear it, Skymin-lady. He says they win, and that's that. He also told me to add this emoticon; :P, so, now that that's done, here are his nominations. Sadly, he is not omniscient, (he's working on that,) so his votes are few and short. He told me to say "dealz with it."

Best Rookie Roleplay
    Arcanum - "Fun fun fun. That's it. It's fun, entertaining, original, and it's one of the few roleplays that attracted my attention before the little . . . inconvenience of my computer murdering me. *Sigh* Well, even so, it's a great roleplay, and Red Chibi Pelipper is Hawt always does a good job with her roleplays. This, you cannot deny. Just try to argue, I dare you. And if you come up with a good argument, it is automatically void thanks to my amazing powers."
    Best Veteran Roleplay
    Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning - "Very sad I had to quit this, as it was a very fun roleplay. Supervegeta, that publicity who- *ahem* hog, has done a great job with it, and apparently with the entire Pokemon Odyssey series. It may be in the form of the roleplayer playing as a Pokemon, which can be very cliche at times, but this roleplay does a good job of making it fun and entertaining. I have not had the chance to read it lately, but I know it must be good. I KNOW THIS. How do I know this? I just do. Okay? Not okay? Oh well, I shall not fulfill your petty wishes to elaborate. I have better things to do with my very precious time. Good day to you, my good sirs."
    Most Original Roleplay
    Atlantis Arising - Nakuzami says that he should not have to explain this to you, Skymin-lady. Though, after much mental sighing, he said this: "Well, isn't it obvious? No? *mutters* FINE. If you're that dense, Skymin-lady, then here it is, plain and simple: It's original and you don't see too much of its kind. It's apparently very entertaining, and I shall join if I can secure access to a computer-device sometime soon. If not, then good luck. You will need it, for it lacks a key component without my awesomeness."
    Best Game Master
    PkMn Trainer Yellow - This person, this very Yellow person, somehow manages to run The Pokemon Trainer Academy. Simply the size and scale of this roleplay would make it difficult, but apparently it runs pretty well. It's also been running for a while. Quite impressive, Nakuzami must say.

Nakuzami bids you farewell, and he also says to watch out for wild hamsters. He says they are ferocious little things, and he assures me that he has reliable sources. He says there are cookies involved to any who know of these sources, and he says these cookies are payment to keep your dirty mouths shut. We can not have these sources being flaunted around all willy-nilly, now can we? No, we can not. So just take the darn cookies.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    And now the RPAs are officially closed!!

Good luck to all the candidates! I'll review the nominations with my team and we will get back to you with the winners soon!

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

The Elite Six
    presents...

THE ROLEPLAY AWARDS
    First Quarter 2012

"Welcome to the official announcement of the first Roleplay Awards of 2012! I am your host and leader of the Elite Six, Champion Lance. Please, take a seat and relax as we go through and showcase our finest roleplay and roleplayers. Each category has been carefully chosen by a team of fine roleplayers who agree with me that even invisible talent should be shown to the world (or in this case, the community).

So, without further ado, let's get on with it!"​

Best Rookie Roleplay
    Disease Deoxys

Disease Deoxys (GM'd by |Equinox|) is a unique and interesting roleplay about a virus infection which mutates a Pokémon to take on the appearance of Deoxys. Players play as trainers, Pokémon or infected Pokémon as the world fights with or against the disease.

For the amount of time it's been alive (just about two months), Disease Deoxys has thrived as a roleplay. Post length and detail by all members is usually quite filling and interesting and the story itself has been rather engaging so far! And with the newcomer friendly feel to it, Disease Deoxys is well deserving of the Best Rookie Award. Well done to |Equinox| and all the participating members!​

"Despite Disease Deoxys winning, Arcanum should receive recognition as an excellent rookie RP. Breathing life into an original region is not an easy task, but the always amazing Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers has done it successfully. It has an excellent plot with a cast of role-players that are excited to be involved in the experience. Having fun and being involved are the keys to success to a successful RP and Arcanum is more than successful. It's brilliant."​

Best Veteran Roleplay
    Atlantis Arising

Atlantis Arising (GM'd by 雷影 イチロ and co-GM'd by Skymin) is a cool and fresh new take of your average 'super-powered' roleplay, taking place in a world where people of the lost city of Atlantis have revealed themselves and with that, the powers of those with Atlantean heritage. Players play as teenagers and young adults who each take different approaches in taming their powers.

Now alive for almost six months now, Atlantis Arising has truly earned its place as a Veteran Roleplay. The story never has a dull moment, keeping everyone guessing with its plot twists; nobody knows yet if they are with the good guys or the bad guys! Each post by each player always leaves something for the next and despite its slow pace, has been a great success on the boards. Well done to ?? ??? and all the participating members!​

"If I may, I'd like to post a shout out to Years of Lies by Eeveemaster9 and its just passed anniversary. The storyline is a fantastic adaptation and puts a great twist on The Hunger Games. And for a roleplay to stay active for over a year is simply amazing, kudos to Eeveemaster and the participating members! You've all done a wonderful job so far! Hopefully, you'll even make it to the end!"​

Most Original Roleplay
    Inner Demon

Inner Demon (GM'd by Mira) puts a interesting twist on your usual high school genre, adding in the element of super powers, Pokémon and that whole 'end of the world' crisis. Players play as delinquent or uneasy teenagers who have been sent to a high school to somehow settle their 'inner demon' for the sake of the entire world, though they don't even know of their true potential.

The school genre puts a great topic which you can relate to, but with the addition of super powers and Pokémon makes it so appealing. What is most original though is how the teens got their super powers; by having this inner insecurity that somehow shapes their lives. The more the players give into their 'inner demon', the more the world is closer to destruction! Though Inner Demon hasn't quite been active for a little, it certainly deserves the title of most original. Well done to Mira and all the participating members!​

Best Rookie
    Sir Bastian

Sir Bastian has been here just about two months and already he has shown the Corner that he means business when it comes to roleplaying, posting like an experienced roleplayer compared to many other newcomers! His choice as the Best Rookie was an unanimous decision and with good reason! Such detail, such finesse, his posts just naturally flow and you would never guess that he had only been at PokéCommunity for such a short time! A big congratulations and kudos from all of the Elite Six members, you've simply won us over.​

"Because of the sudden rise in suspected alternate accounts, picking this award was quite difficult."​

"No names will be mentioned, but you know who you are!"​

Most Improved
    shinysweety

shinysweety has been at PokéCommunity for a while now and back when she joined, she was know as "Xilfer's sister" and never really taken much notice of. But now look at her! shinysweety has GM'd several roleplays, participated in more and has taken a huge leap since when she first started in the era of one liners. We've watched you come so far, pushed passed the shadow and congratulate you for your amazing improvement over the months you've been here. Here's to many more months, perhaps years of becoming more and more experienced as a writer! Well done!​

Best Game Master
    PkMnTrainer Yellow

PkMnTrainer Yellow was an easy winner for this category, and why shouldn't she? After taking over the Pokémon Trainer Academy from jackblaze in August last year, she has taken it further than anyone could have imagined. The post count has almost hit the 5000 mark and there's no telling when it'll end! PkMnTrainer Yellow welcomes all new members with bright smiles and open arms, making The Pokémon Trainer Academy such a fantastic place for beginner roleplayers or newbies to the Roleplay Corner. She goes above and beyond with her Game Mastery and we would like to give her a round of applause on her excellent work. Well done, PkMnTrainer Yellow!​

"Best GM was a landslide. That is not to say however that there was no competition. While PkMnTrainer Yellow got a unanimous vote that's not to say nobody else was even a thought. If I had to choose any other person I would've chosen Quto. Fresh off the streets with barely enough posts to send private messages Quto created an RP right away and promptly demonstrated a dedication vaguely reminiscent of the winner herself. Though he has his quirks and is still a rookie RPer here at the corner I feel that his skills as a GM have manifested themselves in a lovely manner. Should he stay with us and continue to show the dedication he has while refining his own skills I have no doubt I will be voting him in not as an honourable mention but as Best GM before long."​

Best Sign-Up Writer
    Raikiri

Sign-Ups and Applications are probably one of the most unappreciated part of roleplaying but without the skill to write decent ones, how would we ever get into the roleplays we want? The Elite Six decided to give this award to Raikiri, whose sign-ups are always a pleasure to read. His characters are real and unique and there is never a need to doubt his skill with the way he presents his sign-ups. A big congrats to Raikiri for his hard work on all of his sign-ups and may we see more awesome ones in the future!​

Most Helpful
    PkMnTrainer Yellow

Help is something that a lot of us are afraid to ask for, especially those who need it most. There are a few people on the board who like to take the initiative to give that help and one of those people is PkMnTrainer Yellow. Her efforts in guiding our new members in the Pokémon Trainer Academy, her excellent work on the Roleplay Etiquitte Guide and her overall friendly and helpful attitude in the Roleplay Discussion Thread really just makes things a little easier for those who feel out of place or unsure what to do. Thank you so much for your help, PkMnTrainer Yellow and we all appreciate what you've done for us all here, it makes the Roleplay Corner feel like such a nicer place.​

Best Roleplayer
    Greiger & Raikiri

To choose the 'Best Roleplayer' is such a hard decision as there are so many things to take into account; essentially the person who is most well rounded as a player could essentially qualify for at least any of the above awards. Then, there is other things, such as activity, entertainment value, responsibility, etc. For this, the Elite Six could not just pick one person, so we decided on two; Greiger and Raikiri. Both players have shown remarkable skill and are always a great pleasure to read or have aboard on any roleplay. We give a big congratulations to the two of them and hope to see many more wonderful things from the both of them.​

"Alright! So here's a short commendation to two people that didn't win, but probably should. To me, the toughest category to pick was the best Roleplayer. There were, in my opinion, multiple RPers who could have won the award, and maybe perhaps should have won the award. The final result even was a split decision. This only reflects how tough the category truly was. Even then, others that were nominated deserve an honorable mention. Two that come to the immediate mind are the talented PkMnTrainer Yellow and the exceptional Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers.

First, when you gotta talk about PkMnTrainer Yellow, you have to bring up Pokemon Trainer Academy. We all know what an amazing job she did there, but it goes beyond being a GM. Managing aside, Yellow participates in the RP as well, as well as Pokemon Fallout and Atlantis Arising, to name a few. Her characters have a range of personalities and characteristics, and she always seems to be on top of them in the respective Roleplay. When I read her posts, the character seems to flow with the RP, instantly becoming part of the experience, and often heightening it. Nothing seems forced, yet thought is clearly put in. She is also quite consistent in her posting, keeping PTA and Fallout going strong, and never short on quality. I also really enjoy her dialogue in posts. I would be easy (and is often done) to simply say this person said that, this person did this. It's not merely the case with Yellow. When I read her posts, I don't feel at all like anything spoken was forced, but rather as if it was naturally spoken. It's quite soothing…quite relaxing…errr, anyways…Truly, one of the better RPers I've seen.

Then there's Red Haw's Chibi Pelippers. Since I've come to PC, I always respected her writing. Her posts were always clear to understand, and also easy to follow through and read. I especially like her posts in slower-paced RPs, where the content is longer. As I would read through, it wouldn't be quite like reading a long post by an RPer, but more like a short chapter in a book. Much like Yellow, RHCP's posts fuel the RP, making it better yet still fitting in her character with any storyline. As far as I have seen, she has never had a post that was short in quality, length, or enjoyment. Whether in Pokemon-related RPs like her very own Arcanum, or others like Atlantis or .digi//TAMED, RHCP is an RP outstanding among others, and truly deserving of a commendation."​

And that's the end of another RPA! Thank-you all for your patience, it took a month for the Elite Six to sort out the nominations, analyse everything carefully and choose the winners! Hopefully next time we'll all be a little faster! See you all again in May for the 2nd Quarter Roleplay Awards!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back