• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st shiny

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    I have never ever caught a shiny. I once saw a dhiny oddish in a Sapphire game I borrowed, but I killed it. :( All the shinies I have are trades.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I caught shiny Machop wayyy back in Yellow, but my most recent one was a Machoke.. now i somehow have to try and catch a shiny Machamp in the wild XD!!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Woot to me for it was a charizard. If that doesnt count it has to be the ferocious rayquaza. I never wanted to catch a shiny or do so many soft resets again1
    '0 0'
    oo
    _____

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I caught shiny Machop wayyy back in Yellow, but my most recent one was a Machoke.. now i somehow have to try and catch a shiny Machamp in the wild XD!!

Um, did shinies even exist in R/B/Y? I don't think they did. o_O

Anyway, mine was Totodile. Not really caught, but whatever. I'm too lazy to chain.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I was well lucky when I got mine, story time (For the 100th time XD)
    Okay, i always wanted a shiny (especially when my friend got a shiny tailor :()
    So I was going to beat the E4 when I saw a Steelix (Normal and this is in D/P)
    So I said "Cool, you can catch Steelix's. I thought you had to trade and that was the only ay. So I tried to catch it. I failed :( So I said the next one I found I will catch it, and it was Shiny O.O I named it Goldy. Yay Shiny Steelix :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    Other than the red Gyarados, I didn't catch any shiny Pokemon during Silver or Crystal.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Well my first shiny was in my Sapphire.

It was an Oddish,though male.I thought it was cool looking so i caught it,but didn't even know o the term and the value so i reset. :X

Marcy_11

Metapod is hot
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    Shiny Starly was my first
    but he first one I saw was a shiny zigzagoon

Years
    It was... a Golbat. In the cave where you fight Red. In Crystal.
    Duh. I hate Golbats.

Same here, really. I caught two and ran from the third. Yes, I did find three.

Um, did shinies even exist in R/B/Y? I don't think they did. o_O

Anyway, mine was Totodile. Not really caught, but whatever. I'm too lazy to chain.

Sort of. They did, but there was no way to know until you transferred them to Gold, Silver, or Crystal, or used them in Pokémon Stadium 2.

Back