• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen 2 strange things about Gold

Years
  • Hi,
    maybe some of u have already noticed these but I still think it's kinda odd...

First: On route 35 there's a guy below the grass on the right hand side. Normally trainers have exclamation points if u stand in front of them don't they? This one don't. He'll only fight if u talk to him.

Second: Go into the Burned Tower in Ecruteak City. Turn left where u have to use Rock Smash. There's a guy in an orange t - shirt. When I had beaten him his t-shirt has turned into grey! After going there again it was orange just like before...

I dunno if these things are strange but I've never noticed anything like that so far.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • I've never noticed the second one before. But about the first one, aren't there some trainers in all the games that you can only battle if you talk to them?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah, they are a few trainers that you can only battle if you talk to them. The most notorious ones are the two police officers on Route 34 and 35. They only battle you at night.

For the second one, that Firebreather is suppose to turn grey. When you beat him, he says:

"I burned down to white ashes."

Once you are back onto the map, you'll notice that his sprite literally burned down to white ashes.

Years
  • Yeah, they are a few trainers that you can only battle if you talk to them. The most notorious ones are the two police officers on Route 34 and 35. They only battle you at night.

For the second one, that Firebreather is suppose to turn grey. When you beat him, he says:

"I burned down to white ashes."

Once you are back onto the map, you'll notice that his sprite literally burned down to white ashes.
    That was the cool thing about gold. I wish they did things like that in D/P and Platinum.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • i was 6 when I first played it and i remember i thought the firebreather had died

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Wow, I never noticed that with the Firebreather before. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Necrono

perfect day.
    Years
  • It's been seven years since I've played Silver. :| I can't believe how time flies by that quickly!

I do remember the policemen though. I think one of 'em had a Growlight. (sp?)

Years
  • It's been seven years since I've played Silver. :| I can't believe how time flies by that quickly!

I do remember the policemen though. I think one of 'em had a Growlight. (sp?)

It is actually spelled Growlithe.

Anyway, both of them had only one Growlithe and I believe they were at Level 17 if I recall correctly.

Atomic Reactor

and you didn't need to talk to them to battle.
    They were like normal trainers at night. theyd walk up to you.

If i remember correctly :#

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweetie, the first one was intentional. According to the that particular trainer's script coding. I assume to they did on purpose to surprise you with an unsuspected battle.

The second one is just a glitch with the assigned palette with the overworld sprites. It happened before, anybody remembering seeing a green Nurse Joy in Fuchsia City?

I should know this since I hack Gold inside and out. XD

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Yeah I notice another trainer before changing colors too, weird, but about the touching the trainer and start battling. That is normal lol

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I can answer the second one, I think it's because he has lost 'his fiery temper' or something that he was talking to you about before the battle, and to show he had, his shirt turned gray.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    The first one happened quite a bit to me. My curiosity usually led me to speak to them, expecting no battle, and end up in a battle >_<

MrsMime

Humanshape Pokemon
    Years
  • and you didn't need to talk to them to battle.
    They were like normal trainers at night. theyd walk up to you.

If i remember correctly :#
    Yeah! Because "the night is suspicious"! XD
    I wish they still did that in DP, that was cool..even if you talk to them during the day they won't battle. You have to wait until night.

Back