• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#20 - Recolour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #20 - Recolour
    Hosted by: Logiedan
    Approved by: Logiedan
    Medal System activated

Theme: Summer Match 1 - The Cool Duo

We've been having a rough time regarding activity around the contests, but I think I'll make more friendly themes and challenges.

This week's task is to take any single Pokemon (other formes are allowed) and recolour them and you must use these two colours:

9llaf6.jpg

Cool Cobalt & Spearmint

Basically, your recolour must contain these two colours, and any other colours you'd like. Keep in mind you will be judged on your choice of colours, shading (if altered) and how every colour compliments. Also pallete requirements is 16 colours max if anyone doesn't notice.

Omits:
    In some cases and themes there will be omits.

• No omits
    Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
    • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
    • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
    • No previously made work.
    • You are allowed to post WIPs (Work in Progress) but please specify which image is your final.
    This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: 96x96
    • Palette Requirements: 16 colours max.
    • Transparency: Optional (WILL NOT COUNT AS A COLOUR)
    • Animation: None
    • Other: N/A
    Good luck. If you have any questions & concerns, feel free to send me a PM.

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
    Years
  • I dunno if this is 16 colors or not. I'm quite satisfied with this, though. :)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    Here's mine:

647-r-1.png

Nothing much, just swapped the colours and fixed the outlines and white shading which doesn't look good with unsaturated colours.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    Merp. I hope this is alright. 15 colors. ;m; I wanted to do more but I was unsure if you could go outside the sprite boundaries.

Cacnearecolor.gif

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
    Years
  • used 16 colours not including black
    also do you need to have those colours as your main colours
    2dqu909.png

not my best but...
    chose a random sprite

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Here ya go:
    v2qzZ.png

11 colors, 12 if black is counted.

EDIT: I know I had a Vileplume here earlier, but I assure you, this Magcargo is my final entry.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Here's my entry. Sorry if it's a bit late.
    6iw403.png

It feels like ages since I last did a recolour. It was definitely fun to do one again. :D

Years
  • As many of you have already seen, the Art & Design, originally Art Gallery, has gotten a makeover. All future competitions regarding Pixel Art will be made in this section and only this section.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back