• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2004: The Year Of Pokemon! *BIG NEWS*

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I'm not sure if this is where this belongs, but I found some huge Pokemon news!!!

As if Pok?mon Fire Red, Leaf Green, Water Blue, Colosseum, the 5th, and maybe 6th movies in English, and the 7th movie in Japanese weren't enough the satisfy every Pok?mon trainer's appetites, President Tsunekazu of The Pok?mon Company blasts us with something new!

With Fire Red and Leaf Green production wrapping up, Tsunekazu said in Famitsu recently that new Pok?mon games for Game Boy Advance and GameCube are already in the works. We'll be getting sneak peeks at E3 this spring, as well as the third annual Pok?mon Festa in the summer. The Game Boy games will be using the wireless adapter once again, which may raise the possibility of an international release of the accessory.

Ready for the best part? These games are said to contain the fourth generation of Pok?mon! Remember the feeling of seeing Kecleon, Azurill and Wailmer for the first time? We may be in for that all over again this year with the unveiling of brand new Pok?mon! The appearance of a selection of these Pok?mon in the 7th movie has also been rumoured.

Since these games have new Pok?mon, it's likely that they'll take place in yet another new region, and it's pretty much a given that we get to pick from at least two new trainers, as well.

Well, what do you guys think?

Lugia

The Gaurdian of THE world!
    Years
    Sounds Pretty Cool *confused*
    Weird really!!!
    Never thaught of it.
    Maybe, nintendo builds up a brand new game with evry thing neu, except the pokemon.

and maybe the DECADE 95'-05' be termed as the pokemon decade

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I dont think so, I mean R/S came out last year and what new Pokemon this year? Thay wate for a two or three years before thay come out with a new generation. I mean look Red & Blue came out 1998 Gold & Silver came out 2000, that is two years. And from Ruby & Sapphire came out 2003 from G/S to R/S is 3 years. I just dont think there will be a new generation this year (I may be wring but thats what I think).

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    XP

what kind of new pok?mon will there be?
    I mean, looking at the pok?mon released in Ru/Sa...the people at GameFreak must be running terribly low on ideas, I doubt there will be a fourth generation of pok?mon.

I will be a happy pok?fan if they don't release anymore new pok?mon and stay with the three generations we already have and work with them to make more interesting storylines for the games XP (but that is just me...)

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    tmbjr said:
    XP

what kind of new pok?mon will there be?
    I mean, looking at the pok?mon released in Ru/Sa...the people at GameFreak must be running terribly low on ideas, I doubt there will be a fourth generation of pok?mon.

I will be a happy pok?fan if they don't release anymore new pok?mon and stay with the three generations we already have and work with them to make more interesting storylines for the games XP (but that is just me...)
    I agree with you.
    *Thinks about Biology lessons*
    Unless those Pokemon evolved a million years later =P

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    It may just be another legendary like mew was released early, celebi was released early, latias latios were released early...

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't want new Pokemon!!!!
    I haven't even learnt all GoldSilver Pokemon yet!!!

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
    well i think Satoshi Tajiri had made hundreds and hundreds of different types, Pokemon, ect. Gamefreak just picks out what should be in each game! so its possible that we'll be seein some new Pokemon in the next year or so! ^_^

Strider

Not Pwnd
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2006
    Each generation comes every 3 years. R/B/Y in 96, G/S/C in 99 and Ru/Sa in 02. Plus, it seems that they are using all the legendaries for movies. Right now, there is still short of the three Regi movie. My bet a new generation wil come at the end of next year.

Years
    if there ganna do a 4th-gen i think we need more water type pokemon like hammerhead sharks and things like that

Aimy

Goddess-Second Class
    Years
    New Pokemon coming?! Aw I'd better go and start memorising Saphire and Ruby pokemon names...

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I'd like to see a dolphin or orca Pok?mon, just because they're my favorite animals. *_* Though, I did like how they made Sharpedo, kinda gives you a reason not to go back into the water. XD

Last edited:

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Woah, lot's of stuff will happen this year.I hope the new pokemon won't have corny names

Back