• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: 2005 "Hack of the Year" Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    2005 "Hack of the Year"
    Brought to you by The ROM-Hacking/Emulation Mods

As most of you know, hacks take time to make. It is one of the most wonderful things we, Rom-Hackers, like to do. When we get comments saying how people like our hacks, it just gives us the courage and enthusiasm to keep making the game. We wouldn?t be able to go on, most of us, if you guys haven?t given us your support all this year. I would like to take a time to congratulate all the people who have been hacking and giving some of their time away to make these hacks. You are really marvelous persons! *claps*

I would also like to give a round of applause to those people, who may not hack, but give us their support all the way. It is with your support that we keep on giving our best.

Well the 2005 Hack of the Year Awards serves as a way of thanking and congratulating all of you dedicated rom hackers who have given their time on making these awsome hacks here in the "Hack Showcase"

These awards will be given out to the best hacks that have shown the most amazing improvements, effort, or outstanding performance with their storylines, graphics, comebacks, and more...!!!
    Well the awards will be only open for those hacks that have started before May 1st, 2005. This way we can be sure that only those hacks have at least some time in the process. The hacks do not need to be completed in order to be nominated. The awards will be divided into the following major categories and some minor categories as well.Only the major categories will be stickied for the month of January 1st through April 1st. With their name changed into"Hack of The Year 2005..."

Nominating for hacks can only be done in this thread, no other posts are allowed. A list of the sections and nominees will be available by October. You can nominate hacks if you know them, but if you don?t you can wait a while until the list comes out. Any new category you think should be added let me know by PM.

This year we have made some changes, we have ony one HotY vote. Which this winner will have a sticky thread ONLY. The rest of the winners will be given an award banner.

Discussion Thread ONLY

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey dawg, can you remove these hacks from the list:
    Pok?mon White Snow - Shadow
    Pok?mon Water Wave - Satoshi-Kun
    Pok?mon Fire Blaze - Satoshi-Kun
    Pok?mon Mercury - Flygon-Master and Co.
    Pok?mon Pearl
    Pok?mon Time Seal - Scyther and Co.
    Pok?mon Wally - Gold Raikou
    Pok?mon Battle Challenge - Jason

And add the following:
    Pokemon orange
    pokemon dark force
    pokemon dragon
    all of master mew's hack
    pokemon alexandrite
    pokemon chaos black
    pokmon justice white
    and there is some more :P

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    Jason that list i posted is the one from last year. It is not the one that is going to be this year. You have to nominate a hack for each category. So unless you read that whole post you got it wrong...

AcCiDeNT

Years
    Best Hack With Maps - ?
    Best All Around Hacker - Mewthree9000
    Best Hack With Graphic Changes - Alexandrite
    Best Hack With New Pokemon - Chaos Black
    Best Storyline For A Hack - ?
    Most improved Hacker - ?
    Most Improved Hack - ?
    Best Over-All Hacking Group - Mewthree Inc. XD
    Most Improved Hacking Group - ?
    Dunno if i was supposed to put this here... but I did, sorry if this is wrong...

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    Actually all 2005 hacks that have won any monthly or special award are automatically elligible for HotY.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    Well... I don't know I havent seen too much action this year with HotY so what I might end up doing is have a select team along with all mods pick the awarding hack. Unless any of the other members are still interested.

Baro

Funky Romhacker Monk
    Years
    Mmm can you add mine? POK?MON QUARTZ... the thread fell down of the list like all they do, but it's a claimed-by-public great hack

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    Well i think I might run differently thi year. I will have all 2004 from October, November and December, and all 2005 from January to September hacks that have won an award from like monthly hack be nominees. In this case we have more chances and make sure that the hacks that get nominated are worthy of obtaining HotY.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    Aight well since many complains have been made. If you guys wnat a new list of hacks post them here and we will see over them.
    But I warned you all before and no one nominated anyone... and yeah when i made the thread before... who came back complaining?
    So this is the last warning if you guys want to have the hacks u want for HotY tehn nomiante some here.

Jeremy???

Josh is my Pearl Name
    Years
    Man.... I thinkiez the hack of mine deserves at least a fighting chance, though it will do horrbily, as I do in all of the contests I enter.... But! OK, I'll ask if I can nominate my hacky, Pokemon Raging Storm. So, ummm, can I?
    ~Kalkris

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    I'm really honored to be nominated even though I've quit hacking and SoE is long dead... but I worked really, really hard and it's nice to be appreciated for it! Thanks!

EDIT- Ack! It's voting for being nominated! Whoops! Well... all the same it's cool to see people voting for me!

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    The votings are now closed and due to the lack fo people actually caring about the votes and follow instructions and read the thread. the HotY Award will be awarded to the hack that all three mods have voted on. Results will be posted soon, al other votes from teh Vote threads for other categories will still count.

We hope that next time, members will actually take the HotY more seriously and dont complaint in the end regarding teh results, sincwe in the end its you who voted and not us, this time it was like this since Ice had alwready won l;ast year and we said No Consequative Hacks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back