• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2008 NFL SEASON

Jaguarsfan2004

Jacksonville Jaguars fan
    Years
    Who do you think will the superbowl champion who do you think will be the dar horse this year what about brett frave talk about it here

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    Me... from being straight outta socal, I love the chargers, and I really hope that they destroy the pats and everyone else to win it all.

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
    Even though we have the hardest schedule in the whole entire league, the Steelers will win this year, bring it home Ben

eisenherz

Lucario Fanboy
    Years
    Although I live in Michigan, I root for the Ravens. I don't think they have a huge chance of winning it all this year though.

I also like the Patriots, bt mostly because of Tom Brady (he went to the University of Michigan).

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I want Brett Favre to go away. I really don't care if he comes back or not, though he really isn't helping himself right now. Not to mention that my team (The Dolphins) are terrible and just traded away our best player to the Redskins...

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I'll say it right now. My Patriots are going to have a lot of fun this season. >:D Hopefully the we can get the running game established and set this pre-season.

Jason Taylor to the Redskins, yay! Brady doesn't have to worry about him anymore. \o\

pong08

Years
    I just know that the AFC west is gonna be tough this year for the chargers. Ok Let's c...
    Raiders have Jamarcus Russel, AND Darren McFadden. The Chiefs got Glenn Dorsey, we lost one of our best safetys to the Broncos.(forgot his name) But, we got Jacob Hester and STILL have LT, so there u go.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    I want Brett Favre to go away. I really don't care if he comes back or not, though he really isn't helping himself right now. Not to mention that my team (The Dolphins) are terrible and just traded away our best player to the Redskins...

I too am a Dolphins fan. Don't think of the trade negatively. JT is going to be 34, he didn't want to play for us, and he says he might not even play after this season. His passion for football is slowly fading. I think it was a good trade for the Phins. Also, he was not our best player, that would be Ronnie Brown. Don't forget that before he went down last year, he was on pace to break the Yards From Scrimmage record. With an improved O-line this year he should do just as well.

Don't judge the Dolphins too harshly this year, as they're pretty much a COMPLETELY new team. But the following season or two, they should be competing for the division, especially since by then the Patriots will be very old on BOTH sides.

This year, I think the AFC will be predictable as always. Pats and Colts will be the top teams. Jags will be up there and the Chargers will probably do another one of their late starts, but get it going after awhile (considering the amount of talent they have). Honestly I hate the Chargers though, because they beat the Colts, who WOULD have beaten the Pats. At least the Giants still got it done.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I too am a Dolphins fan. Don't think of the trade negatively. JT is going to be 34, he didn't want to play for us, and he says he might not even play after this season. His passion for football is slowly fading. I think it was a good trade for the Phins. Also, he was not our best player, that would be Ronnie Brown. Don't forget that before he went down last year, he was on pace to break the Yards From Scrimmage record. With an improved O-line this year he should do just as well.

Don't judge the Dolphins too harshly this year, as they're pretty much a COMPLETELY new team. But the following season or two, they should be competing for the division, especially since by then the Patriots will be very old on BOTH sides.

I actually agree on the Fins. I'm seeing a future season where the Fins will surprise and sneak up on a lot of teams, gaining momentum from that, and just reeling. (Simply due to everyone writing them off so fast) If they got seven wins or so yadayada, I would not be surprised. o_o They're building from scratch, and with Par managing, they'll grow. It's chemistry, teamwork, and establishing the system they need to work on though, that may take some time. I don't know what to think of the Jets, and the Bills... Well, I think of them as a wildcard in our division, one game they show signs of solid teamwork and gameplay, another they look like they don't have a clue.

Well, I don't think the Patriots will go in the wrong direction age-wise in the next couple of seasons. (Expect a lot of retirements anywho) They're drafting youth in the proper positions defensively, i.e did that this year. (Rodney has a fine replacement, Sanders and Meriweather both showed signs of playmaker last year) If they can turn Mayo into a true Patriot system linebacker, should be fine. I definitely see your point though, and of course it can turn for the worse. I was hoping some of them would retire this year to be completely honest. However, they just want to give it one more year, and I think that will fuel this team this season, and the fact they had the greatest loss in history, as we all know. Time to redeem themselves.

Offensively, Chad Jackson (Wideout who was snubbed out due to that incredibly large WR depth chart.) will finally get some action, he's been sitting on the sidelines too long, and I really think he'll surprise some people this season. I don't really see why you say they'll be old on offense, Randy is 31, sure, yet he still runs a 4.2 forty. :/ And the line has three more years in them, TEs are fine, and wideouts are right around 27. O_o

In other news, Shockey is a Saint eh? Who didn't see this coming? Saints get a second and fifth round pick.

Last edited:

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    I actually agree on the Fins. I'm seeing a future season where the Fins will surprise and sneak up on a lot of teams, gaining momentum from that, and just reeling. (Simply due to everyone writing them off so fast) If they got seven wins or so yadayada, I would not be surprised. o_o They're building from scratch, and with Par managing, they'll grow. It's chemistry, teamwork, and establishing the system they need to work on though, that may take some time. I don't know what to think of the Jets, and the Bills... Well, I think of them as a wildcard in our division, one game they show signs of solid teamwork and gameplay, another they look like they don't have a clue.

Well, I don't think the Patriots will go in the wrong direction age-wise in the next couple of seasons. (Expect a lot of retirements anywho) They're drafting youth in the proper positions defensively, i.e did that this year. (Rodney has a fine replacement, Sanders and Meriweather both showed signs of playmaker last year) If they can turn Mayo into a true Patriot system linebacker, should be fine. I definitely see your point though, and of course it can turn for the worse. I was hoping some of them would retire this year to be completely honest. However, they just want to give it one more year, and I think that will fuel this team this season, and the fact they had the greatest loss in history, as we all know. Time to redeem themselves.

Offensively, Chad Jackson (Wideout who was snubbed out due to that incredibly large WR depth chart.) will finally get some action, he's been sitting on the sidelines too long, and I really think he'll surprise some people this season. I don't really see why you say they'll be old on offense, Randy is 31, sure, yet he still runs a 4.2 forty. :/ And the line has three more years in them, TEs are fine, and wideouts are right around 27. O_o

In other news, Shockey is a Saint eh? Who didn't see this coming? Saints get a second and fifth round pick.

I feel bad for guys they take on defense, because they will probably have permanent long-term health problems. They practice so hard on defense that they end up injuring all their guys all the time. Sooner or later they're not going to have some replacement come out of nowhere and do well. Sooner or later it's going to catch up to them and bite em in the ***. Also, they may be drafting good youth there, but as of right now that youth is filling in holes in the depth chart as the veterans still play on. So when the vets go down, as they always do with New England, the young guys have to step in and all of a sudden there's no depth. It'll take a few years before it's completely rebuilt and fresh, and we've started to see the age show the last couple years with the terrible Run-D.

As for their offense, you have to remember that offensive players tend to have less longevity. They're thin at RB in the first place, and the average tenure of a running back in the NFL is 4 years. Their O-line has seen incredible luck health-wise, one has to wonder how long that's going to keep up. They are certainly not before or at their prime there in terms of age. Brady still has a LONG time left, but Moss doesn't have much longer before he loses a step. Welker is young and talented but was clearly the beneficiary of Moss. Take away Moss and Welker would have had numbers no better than he had with Miami. He was seriously wide open on every play. If the Patriots wanted to, they could have run the same play pretty much every down...run Moss on a deep streak or deep post and have Welker wide open over the middle for like 5-8 yards, with room in front of him after the catch. Stallworth is inconsistent and overrated.

Now don't get me wrong...at this point in time they are still unquestionably the best team in the NFL (followed by Indy and the Jags IMO). I hate them with every last morsel of my being, but I'm smart enough to recognize that. And Spygate aside (which weighs HEAVILY on my opinion of their legacy), and Super Bowl loss aside, and my bias for the Phins aside, that team last year was by far the best the NFL has ever seen. I don't think anyone will come close to that for a very long time, not even NE themselves (as they got incredibly lucky late last year in several games).

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    *doesn't feel like quoting*

Yeah, those are good points. Statistic wise, the Run-D isn't bad, but honestly, that's just because teams had to pass to keep up with the score. XD A good defense is a good offense. :D

I (sorta) disagree on Welker though, I know Moss helps him out a lot, but Brady can turn any wideout into a playmaker. So, basically the difference between Miami Welker and NE Welker (Minus Moss) is NE has a much better QB. That's just Brady being Brady, we all know that. (Saw that a couple years ago with the no-name WR-corps) So, I'm not worried about the WR-corps at all, as long as Brady is throwing the football. And hopefully the line can at least give him a second. (Glares at Giants' game)

Heh, and yeah, I know. People always rant on the Pats, it's basically human nature at this point. :D I've come to learn everyone* hates them, so just go with the flow and roll with the punches, still love them anywho. Though, it is rare that someone admits that, so thanks for that. Usually it's "OMG UR A PAT FAN, U MUST BE A BANDWAGON FAN!!!!1!! YUR JUST BIAS BECUZ UR A PAT FAN" >_> Those are the Patriot-hater comments... that I dislike. XD I always laugh at those kind of arguments though, it's like... "Go meet my family and how they put up with the 80s/90s and one win seasons, kthnxbai" Anyway, in this thread, I'll try to refrain from bias comments guys, even though it's hard. XD

Last edited:

pong08

Years
    *doesn't feel like quoting*

Yeah, those are good points. Statistic wise, the Run-D isn't bad, but honestly, that's just because teams had to pass to keep up with the score. XD A good defense is a good offense. :D

I (sorta) disagree on Welker though, I know Moss helps him out a lot, but Brady can turn any wideout into a playmaker. So, basically the difference between Miami Welker and NE Welker (Minus Moss) is NE has a much better QB. That's just Brady being Brady, we all know that. (Saw that a couple years ago with the no-name WR-corps) So, I'm not worried about the WR-corps at all, as long as Brady is throwing the football. And hopefully the line can at least give him a second. (Glares at Giants' game)

Heh, and yeah, I know. People always rant on the Pats, it's basically human nature at this point. :D I've come to learn everyone* hates them, so just go with the flow and roll with the punches, still love them anywho. Though, it is rare that someone admits that, so thanks for that. Usually it's "OMG UR A PAT FAN, U MUST BE A BANDWAGON FAN!!!!1!! YUR JUST BIAS BECUZ UR A PAT FAN" >_> Those are the Patriot-hater comments... that I dislike. XD I always laugh at those kind of arguments though, it's like... "Go meet my family and how they put up with the 80s/90s and one win seasons, kthnxbai" Anyway, in this thread, I'll try to refrain from bias comments guys, even though it's hard. XD

You're not alone... a lot of people hate the chargers too.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yeah the Phins trade was definitely for the best long-term, but in all honesty I actually have a fear that we might not win a game. I mean we were BAD last year.

I think the Pats will have another really solid season, but I think the Colts will get by them in the AFC. I still can't believe people were picking the Jaguars to beat the Pats in the playoffs last year though ._.

I hate the Pats, but their fans are actually very tolerable BeachBoy :P It's not like some of the Yankees fans...I won't even get into that :P Yeah, I hate 90% of the big-market teams out there lol. I like the underdogs :P

ceremony

rah rah
    Years
    looks like i'm the cowboys fan.

i get hate.

being from new york.

but atleast i'm actually IN new york

unlike the giants, who play in jersey

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Sure everyone has heard of this by now, but...

Link to story~

Why am I not surprised at all, oh yeah, maybe the "I'm coming back, but want out" stuff. I didn't think he'd fully retire anywho. So, who wants to place bets that he'll take even longer than this season? :D

"They've said I'm the starter," Rodgers said after hearing the news of Favre's pending reinstatement. "Until that changes, that's going to be my focus."

Favre as a tutor, or new team. Interesting. And if he does rant off somewhere else, where would he go, and have fun? I still can't imagine him in a jersey other than green and yellow. <_<;

Anti said:
    I hate the Pats, but their fans are actually very tolerable BeachBoy :P It's not like some of the Yankees fans...I won't even get into that :P Yeah, I hate 90% of the big-market teams out there lol. I like the underdogs

Really? I hear the opposite, like... "Typical spoiled Pats fan, blah blah blah" all the time.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    I'm a HUGE Dallas Cowboys fan, and I have high hopes for them. Dallas will win the NFC East again, and win a playoff game for the first time since '98 (vs. Minnesota). I have Dallas going all the way to Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa against New England

Tampa or Bust!

ceremony

rah rah
    Years
    I hate the Pats, but their fans are actually very tolerable BeachBoy :P It's not like some of the Yankees fans...I won't even get into that :P Yeah, I hate 90% of the big-market teams out there lol. I like the underdogs :P
    really? you must live by the happiest pats fans, because all the ones i know are jerks. my first college roommate: i couldnt have tolerated him less. but you think yankee fans are worse? why? they're not like red sox fans, who cheer and party when a player they dont like gets nailed and injured with a hit by pitch.

I still can't imagine him in a jersey other than green and yellow. <_<;
    i dont like how he's tryng to leave the team and the fans that's been his family for all those seasons.

I'm a HUGE Dallas Cowboys fan, and I have high hopes for them. Dallas will win the NFC East again, and win a playoff game for the first time since '98 (vs. Minnesota). I have Dallas going all the way to Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa against New England

Tampa or Bust!
    i died twie last season...when the giants beat the cowboys and when the giants beat the pats

Back