• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2009 MTV Music Awards Discussion Thread

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    For me the VMA are always a disappointment to me for some reason but when Kanye took the mic from Taylor Swift I was laughing because he told the truth, shes not the best and that's saying a lot coming from someone that doesn't listen to that type of music
    That doesn't make any sense at all. Of course someone who doesn't listen to the type of music Taylor Swift puts out into the public wouldn't agree that she deserved the award. You're kind of contradicting yourself, but whatever.

Anyway -- In my opinion, I think Lady Gaga's performance was the most memorable for this year's VMA's. I think it was sheer creative genius. Though I'm not as big of a fan as I used to be, she really knows how to capture the creativity and art in performances; something I believe to be lost in most artists in live performances. She really knows how to put on a show. Her eccentricity is the upcoming of her success as far as I'm concerned. Something that's truly inspirational for those who are looked at to be eccentric and who focus on the creative side of life. Seems she can make art out of anything.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Gagas performance was amazing. Some of the people I was watching it with were kind of nervous at the theme because they had never seen the video before.

The more I watch Beyonces performance the more I feel like she did the best(but I could just be being a fanboy). She even threw in a bit of her style from the Dangerously In Love days at the beginning.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I am glad that Taylor one, she deserved it. Sad at the same time because Lady Gaga didn't get the award. Anyways, I forever hate Kanye for what he did. That was just unforgivable. Also, has anyone else heard the clip of Obama calling Kanye a jack***? It's awesome~

The funny thing is, he had said that off the record and didn't want that to get out. I'm surprised he didn't want that released though, because it only improves peoples' opinions of him.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Because he is the President of the United States dipping into entertainment deals. Its just not scene.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Kanye sucks, im sorry, I just dont like him, after saying he is Jesus, Im like he is crazy, and then this, just wow.

But I liked how Eminem said that the award is for Proof. reason I really like that cause Eminem is my favorite rapper, and out of D12 Proof was my all time favorite, and since he is dead, it just warms my heart, R.I.P Big Proof.

anyways the VMA was good. I hate Kanye, Em is tight, and Taylor Swift is awesome, and Beyonce is such a nice women for letting talyor have her moment.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im going to get shot for saying this by all the GagaBoyz on the site(Ctep & Poker Face) but Lady Gaga was trying too hard with her ensembles. She looked good on the Red Carpet & her perfromance but the rest was dumb. The red was kinda cool though.

Years
    No TV here, so most of the stuff I know about the MTV Music Awards is by word of mouth or the news :P I did, however, get to see the Kanye West rudely interrupting Taylor Swift. I'll just say here that Kanye has never really appealed to me, and his arrogance is big enough for its own zipcode for a lack of a better cliche. His music is basically spending 5 minutes yelling at his listeners for something he claimed to have done...rudely. Taylor Swift's music, however, are great storytelling and always has a sweet tune to it, and she wholly deserved this award (biased since I haven't seen Beyonce's vid :P).

Kanye West is a scumbag. The guy doesn't deserve fame and I seriously hope his actions tonight ruin his career for good. He's a no good loser and talentless at that. :|

And Taylor Swift is just precious, so he's a totes jerk.
    I think I love you again, Joe <3
    Kanye West was smart by doing that because he made himself free publicity. However it's still unforgivable
    Well, he gave Tay the good publicity, and attracted negative ones to himself...not really a good strategy to build a fanbase.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I dont think people who have no television can really have an opinion on Pop Culture, seriously.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Its not good enough obviously if you havent seen Beyonce - Single ladies.

Years
    Alright, now I have seen it (Youtube <3)....and my opinion still stands, Taylor Swift deserved her award. I'll admit, Beyonce had a great dance going, but Tay's vid had a twinkle of charm that draws me in better. But I don't mind you saying that, though, since you're entitled to your opinion. (b'-')b

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Okay but still, someone living in the dark ages like urself would prefer a country artist since their fanbase does too. ^.^ No surprise there. Not gonna keep Beyonce from being the highest paid entertainer since Madonna.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lol! Im sorry XD

Anyway, did u see the performances of the other nominees compared to TaySwifts? Hers was prerecorded because it was so lame.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Meh, I didn't really like Single Ladies, anyways. I've heard that song so many times, that it started to get annoying.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im sad that santigold or M.I.A. didn't at least make an appearance this year.

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
    Was anyone disappointed with Muse's performance?
    It was so dull for a Muse performance, I was hoping they would so something amazing.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I was. Even Green Day sucked this year. I think this year was all about the divas, who all blew it out the water.

Back