• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2011 is almost over now!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • Lol the absolute worst year of my life probably. Not going into any details but i'll be very glad to see the end of it. And while I wanna take heed of what twocows said, I really can't imagine 2012 would be any worse, lmao.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • 2011 has been one of the best years in a while for me. I've been a lot more social at school, which is mainly because of the release of Pokemon Black and White and how I made friends off that and then it just went from there. I'm doing pretty well in school (lets see if that stays when I get my report card in a fortnight). I'm more active and I'm eating a lot better, I haven't ate bread or chocolate in like 2 months (amazing ikr). I also got a job, which was something I really wanted to do this year and I've learnt so much.

I've also had a great year because of PC as well. Going on the irc has made me so many friends, and it means that there will be almost someone there always who can talk to me. I met my amazing pair as well and we talk lots. I became a supporter (through my pair donating for me and winning a comp). I hosted three events at the GT8 (Who's that Pokemon, Pokeathlon and Wonder WOrd Search). I also learned to RNG and I have had so much fun, battling on Pokemon Online, both competitive and random.

All in all, I have a lot more social skills, am a lot more confident and relaxed. :D

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • 2011 had both it's ups and downs for me both online and offline. I'm one of those people who stop myself from saying this was the best year or worst year ever and in ways you could say it was both.
    2011 was my most important year of school as this year it really counted for Uni so for me it meant to take a lot of times of the internet cutting my time with my online friends to a minimum - Plainly the reason why I spent so much time off PC that I have ever since I started forums 3 years ago.

I guess I'll start with the ups and downs of my real life before I speak about what has happened real life this past year.
    Spoiler:

Online life?
    Spoiler:

2011 had it's ups and downs but hoping 2012 will get even better!

Such a tl; dr post >.>

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Chaotic year -o-

I expect a lot more life next year.

Nice to hear everybody's 2011.

Master-Pixel

Fakemon Artist
    Years
  • I really can't believe how quick this year's gone; I'm already a quarter through my last year of high school :O

Saying that I can't wait to go to college next year :D

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    2010 had a few dramas but overall it was great.
    While nothing explicitly or obviously bad had happened to me I really wish I could start 2011 over since I have 3 major regrets.
    1. I would have not gotten in a relationship. It was a stupid idea to do this when I still have feelings for someone else but no romantic feelings for my actual girlfriend.
    2. I would have been more outgoing. I keep kicking myself over how cowardly I have been when it comes to approaching and meeting new people.
    3. I would have stayed in contact with my close friend. This is the most important. I know that if I had stayed strong and continued to be his shoulder to cry on he would not have disappeared and cut all forms of contact he had with people.

Pessimistic me: I guess things really arent going the way the bright-eyed, hopeful me of 2010 thought they would. I really didnt picture life would be anything like this, this time last year.
    Optimistic me: I know to take all of this as a learning experience though and keep this in mind for whatever 2012 may throw my way.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • I just hope the world doesn't end about a year from now like the Mayans predicted...

The "Apocalypse" is on my dad's birthday next year.

2011 went by too slowly...

Castgurl

The Cuban Artist ~
    Years
  • This year has been such an eye opener for me, in things like relationships, my abilities as an artist and becoming close to my mother.

Near the beginning of 11' I started dating this guy that used to go to the same middle and high school as me - back then...I wasn't really the hottest thing on the cosmos. So when a guy took interest in me, I didn't care if he loved me, didn't have a job, whatever that was going on with him...It was bad...we were both very different and he disrespected me so many times, had me in tears actually. But unlike before, when I would put up with it, I decided to put my foot down and end it. He called, texted non-stop... lasted for 4-6 months but no, I wasn't going to repeat what I have been doing in my teen years. We're friends now (sorta, I barely talk to him.) It made me realized that really, I'm a beautiful person inside and out (everyone else as well, regardless.) I don't need to put up with someone that disapproves with my views on life or thinks I should live like theirs. A weed smoking, jobless, good for nothing slob? Noooo thank you, I'll pass...

As for school, I was still in college at the time, graduated on Nov.5th (Yay! :) )
    I decided to do comic book art for my Production Studio II class (where I had to do work for both Pro I AND II...translation: VERY difficult and time consuming.)
    But I managed to pull through and received an A for the term. One of my pages was featured in the school's demoreel for 2011 :)
    After that, I had to find a company to intern..2 weeks and I found one! (And doing a pretty good job so far.)

I finally got the copyright application submitted for my comic

And with all of this, I've gotten closer to my mother. In some weekends, we even go out to a nearby place and have drinks together with friends, when I'm not hanging with my own.

I guess to sum it up, this year made me realize that being yourself is not a bad thing. It made me realize that all of my hard work is only taking me closer and closer to the top. And also - that I should relax more lol! Like pokemon. I love it! Why hide it? I want to be successful in life and be my own boss in the comic book industry. Why hide it? I rather be with someone that respects my ideas and views. Why hide it?

2012, here I cooommme!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    RL:
    January through May was pretty bad in that I struggled a lot in school, but it was good because I enjoyed being with my friends and boyfriend. It was also my first winter here, where the winters are rough. I dyed my hair green for half of this time. :3

May through August was summer break, and I did pretty much nothing at home. It was nice for me because I'm always out when I'm at school and it was different at home, I just got to relax and stuff except for when I went to CA which was also great. I saw my friends a few times at home but relaxing on my own was really my priority and I didn't do much of anything.

August through now? Been working my tush off to get better grades this year. Still with the same person I was when the year started, still have a lot of the same friends although I think I regressed a little socially because I spend so much time out that I constantly look forward to my time alone, and I'm not sure I fit in with my group as well as I did last year.

Online:
    March-August: March was when I joined PC, which was obviously the major event of my online life this year. I had a bit of forum experience before and I know I tend to get along with people online, so I figured I fit in pretty fast. Meeting Nica in irc sped it up because then I found a group and people I could really call friends.

September-now: September is when I got modded, and I haven't yet decided how that's affected me. It's made me more confident in some ways, such as my judgement on rules and what's within the rules and what's not, but in other ways has made me less confident because I never have a problem stating my views and sometimes I can be too vehement when I want something. I know it sounds corny but being staff feels right so I think I'll stay a while. :)

Major events:
    -Finished first year of college
    -Flew across the country
    -Lost some social skills
    -Joined PC
    -Did a GT Event/events in PGen and Manga
    -Made a bunch of PC friends, not many new school friends though

And I guess that's it! Overall it's been an alright year, bad school-wise but good life-wise.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    The most uneventful, boring year of my life. I'm glad it's almost over and I'm looking forward to 2012.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Spent all of 2011 at home. Which means boredom, failed job searches, and constant arguments. I hope 2012 is a lot better and involves me finding work. Only highlight of this year was finally getting my Masters Degree. Otherwise, this year can go burn in hell.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
  • Jeez... it was a good year, I already feel nostalgic. First year in college, made many new friends and acquaitances. I hate feeling nostalgic.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Quite a lot happened this year. Some good and some bad. Bad includes struggles with my grandmother's health, but it's been stabilizing.. Good includes my brother starting Uni, and my mom and aunt losing weight and sticking so well to their diet (even though it's more of a lifestyle change)

Some major things for me include..

-Getting a job at Sega as an animator.. finally starting my professional career.
    -Moving to the UK from Canada and starting life as an adult.
    -Going to visit my boyfriend in West Virginia and he coming up to see me, too.
    -Worked and finished my short film (well as finished as it'll ever be.)
    -Graduated University.
    -Turned 22
    -Started writing for the first time in forever.. it's nice to find new creative outlets <3

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I freaking hated 2011. -___-
    I mean, the beginning was decent, I guess you can say, but the middle and end was pure hell to me.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Easily one of the best years I've had in a very long time, I found myself able to improve by leaps and bounds and gain some long lasting friendships on the way too.

This year has more or less been a period of recovery for me.

Pancake86

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2012
    Crappy year really. Decided I didn't want to do with Pokemon anymore, so I sold most of my games in Feburary. I didn't know I was going to cry over it soon after. Went to a mental hosptial TWICE. Once in March, and once in May. Because of this, I didn't go on my vacation. Then, the summer came. It was uneventful. And messed up the school play badly in October. I gained a lot of weight out of depression, but i'm not over 200 pounds thank goodness to that. I hope to lose those pounds SOON. The greatest principle in the world at my school quit his job and retried in November.

The only things that were good this year was getting a laptop and getting a 3DS. I hope to see better in 2012. HOPEFULLY!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    One of my worst years for sure, if not the worst. Still, it had the potential to be far far worse so at least there's always room to be grateful that wasn't the case. I did manage to find quite a few really special people this year though, which was really lucky.

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • This year has been TOO fast. I feel like it should still be at least August, maybe further back.

Well, I gained Addisons disease (downer) and I had to have a scope (downer) and I was told I have the genetic (92% chance) of Silliac disease, which will mess up my Diabetes. I had a horrible mean math teacher (he called someone a retarted cheerleader once!) and my dog died on Thanksgiving. I got into it horribly with my grandma...but its fixed now.

But there were good points. I went back to public school (from homeschooling) and loved it. I learned me and my mom are moving to north carolina with our friends (even though I'll miss my friends here). I've got to see my nefews Zander and Kyler a lot. My cousin Lewis loved my Chorus concert...so yeah it's been a pretty decent year. Oh and I got a x-box 360 and a bunch of stuff I really wanted for Christmas!

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    2011 was kinda mixed, tbh. I became more socially active and I'm overcoming my social disorder (albeit bit by bit) and I'm finally more social, going to parties and that stuff. Unfortunately I couldn't take any of it to my advantage because I spent most of this year trapped in a LONG-DISTANCE relationship with a girl I didn't even like, and then when I finally managed to muster up the courage to break up with her she makes everyone think I'm Chris Brown. Yeah, not teh best of years. 2012 will hopefully be better.

Back