• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 end of the world? not any more

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
  • tl;dr german guy said no one actually bothered to read the tablets properly and that 13 is a sacred number. Also a God is supposed to return.

source: https://www.news.com.au/technology/...edict-apocalypse/story-fn5fsgyc-1226212034359

So now that it isn't happening. What are your plans for next year on december 21st?

The Bible states that only God knows when the end is and when Jesus Christ will return, so no, 2012 is not the return of Christ (despite whatever Harold Camping and certain churches across the United States believe)...

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    I thought this whole "new era" thing was all common knowledge by now, and I heard it at least 10 years ago.

Wow. Thanks, German expert!

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • ...wasn't the world supposed to have ended like 1325723 times in the last decade?

I never believed in these kind of stuff anyways. But maybe this will end some people's paranoia.

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    To be honest I think Shinji will choose to accept human instrumentality, and we will all turn into a super sized pool of Tang. Jokes aside though, I don't think anything is going to happen on this day, and in reality I doubt any apocalypse not of our own accord will ever occur.

OriginGiratina

Dragon-type Trainer
    Years
  • If it really was the end of the world on 21 Dec. 2012, I would die 1 day after my birthday!

I'm only thinking about why the world should end because Mayans told it? There is not any proof, until that day comes, then we will have the proof.

Other theories say that the world will end after the sun becomes red giant (really huge!) and then it will burn and swallow the nearby planets, but we wont live to see it.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • I'll tell you what I plan to do before that date. I wanna confess to this girl that I like, I wanna be more outgoing, I wanna earn money somehow XD

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • plans? yeah, you guess right. Here in PC, with you all. maybe I'll get an emblem.

does not believe it either. That date is just the end of the mayan calendar, and so is dec 31 2011 the end of our calendar. (i forgot what type though)

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • IT'S 2012!!!!11!!!!!111!1@@@@1!!!!

HIDE YO' KIDS!!! HIDE YO' WIVES!!! THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!111

Spoiler:

lacella

monsters & macarons.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    hehe australian :3

eh, more concerned how i'm going to die than the world ending tbh. cause if i'm already dead it doesn't really matter!

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I believe it could happen, so I'll probably tell my family I love them and wait for the world to end.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I don't think I've believed in 2012 after I saw this (12:40) I don't know if its particularly accurate, but it made me laugh. ^__^

But that's great news to hear! :D I would only have started my university degree and that would suck ^^;

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I've never been interested in the whole 2012 thing. If the Mayans could predict the future like that, there would still be Mayans...

Like Black Ice, I assumed "new era" was just common knowledge. Evidently not...

Years
  • 2012, is it the end of the world?

I thought one of the most popular topics around the web at the moment would be the fact that the whole human race will be wiped from the face of the earth in a few months! (me personally think that would be quite an inconvenience!)
    So, basically what i'm asking is do YOU, think that "2012" is in fact true, or a big hoax someone created like Y2K?

I think it's a bunch of jibberish. But hey, it never hurts to have a spare snorkel and can of Baked Beans handy just in case!

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • Lol Ya, I obviously think it's bull. No proof of it, only the fact that an ancient, extinct group of people that couldn't foresee their own demise picked a day they thought the world would end, conveniently hundreds of years after their own inevitable deaths, so no one could be blamed for being wrong lol

xelarator

Gentlemen.
    Years
  • I know that this picture that your gonna read is a joke, but isn't it kinda logical?

2012 end of the world? not any more

It COULD be true......

Bratx

Teh Gud lookin' rAscaL r0cKs!
    Years
  • I am sure that in no way this thing is gonna happen!
    Dunno why people spread such things, if they feel so, they should keep it with them-selves~

Back