• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Celebration: 2021 Holiday decorations

Years
    Today is New Year's Eve on the Gregorian calendar, the last day of the year 2021 in my part of the world. I made this thread as a look back on your celebration decorations.

Did you take photos of your menorah burning with lights during Hannukah, or a Christmas tree stuffed with ornaments on Christmas day? Some of us may have made a special Yule altar for Winter Solstice. Maybe you will even have bright and beautiful things on display tonight for New Year's like balloons or fireworks? This here thread is a place for the preservation of wonderful memories from the year gone by.

This is my Christmas tree. I know that many households will take their tree down by tomorrow, but mine will stay up until Candlemas eve-- which is February 1st, because I prefer a traditional celebration, and trees are pretty. I just love the scent of the fir. We burn frankincense and myrrh too in this house, light candles and still have our Christmas wreaths on the door. Might snap a photo of them later, or might not. I name household Chrismas trees, and I call this pretty lady Sugarplum like the fairy from the Nutcracker ballet.

Spoiler:

Years
    This is the only picture I have of it where it's properly lit (we still don't have electricity to this day, 17 days after the typhoon struck our city). A cute little Christmas tree I bought to liven up the house a little for the Christmas spirit :3

Spoiler:

The butterfly as the topmost ornament symbolizes my mom, who I wanted to ensure was still with my family as we (were supposed to) celebrate the 2021 holiday season. It's incredibly unfortunate that the typhoon pretty much ruined everything, but for two days at least we had this miniature magical thing <3

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I haven't decorated a tree in several years. We use to have a huge 7 foot fake tree when I was a kid and the older I got we would cut off a row from the bottom to the point where it was a 4 foot tree. Then Dad screwed the holder to a piece of wood with wheels on it to make it easier to roll around and leave the lights on it to make it less hassle. Then we'd cover it with a large trash bag to keep it from getting dirty and store it in the basement. After a while it just got sad looking so we tossed it and haven't really had a tree since.

Years
    We have cats so decorating is more like "hang festive item out of cats reach". This should be an actual worldwide competition.

However, my aunt and uncle threw out the plastic tree we got for them last year. My mom tried to explain they can just buy lights to hang on it but they argued with her. It's so upsetting.

Back