• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2023 is ending!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
  • This has been one of the absolute best years of my life actually. I've had some health issues I've never had to deal with before, most of my IRL social life has crumble to dust, my not so great living situation hasn't changed in the least... But it's also my first year on the PC, something that I've never done before that has made such a positive impact on my life that it still shocks me... I interact with people that for the first time in my life make me feel like they actually give a shit about me, even in some small way. Like they would actually care if I randomly got hit by a bus one day... That's something that I've never had the pleasure of feeling before... I also met someone truly special to me on this site. Someone that if I have my way, will be my best friend forever. And that more than anything else, is priceless to me.

Years
  • this was the first year i lived away from family. i struggled and learned so much, and i'm so glad i had my partner the whole way through <3 we also recently got a puppy and that seems to be the next step in our journey -- learning responsibility as fur parents~ (honestly just can't wait until she's done teething lol)

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • It's been a very stressful and exciting year for me, I moved to a completely new continent after all! only for 2 years though. I already miss america, especially because there is no churches in the area I live. and I also joined here, Which is one of my best choices ever! I didn't have any IRL friends or online friends, but now I've met so many wonderful people that I can proudly call friends here!

Years
    • Seen today
    I hate being negative but this year has been mentally taxing.

I lost a teacher to cancer who I had really cared about. Not only important to me but he was universally beloved by all who knew him. It's such a shame. A very special individual who took time to know each of us.

Alcohol issues plague our family and at one point I was assaulted trying to protect my mom from a drunken rage. >.> That doesn't seem to be resolving anytime soon. Also lost a family member in an accident last week because of a negligent driver. Lost a best friend of many years for other reasons. Bleh

--- Positives of this year include that the overall summer was nice, I left the country, and I got to hang out with my siblings for a while. We attended a televised AEW broadcast. Not feeling this holiday season much but hopefully it's peaceful in what has overall been a messy year.

Years
  • about the only good things that have happened for me this year were i cut my hair after four years of growing it and it was successfully accepted as a donation by wigs for kids and getting through 30 credits of my schooling

then it went downhill when i got laid off in september and i still have yet to find a job

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I feel like this year my mental health deteriorated a lot more than the last couple years. Mostly related to rl stuff. Funnily enough I can say much has even changed for me. Not sure what to consider for next, year...

Days
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I hate being negative but this year has been mentally taxing.

I lost a teacher to cancer who I had really cared about. Not only important to me but he was universally beloved by all who knew him. It's such a shame. A very special individual who took time to know each of us.

Alcohol issues plague our family and at one point I was assaulted trying to protect my mom from a drunken rage. >.> That doesn't seem to be resolving anytime soon. Also lost a family member in an accident last week because of a negligent driver. Lost a best friend of many years for other reasons. Bleh

--- Positives of this year include that the overall summer was nice, I left the country, and I got to hang out with my siblings for a while. We attended a televised AEW broadcast. Not feeling this holiday season much but hopefully it's peaceful in what has overall been a messy year.
    I'm really sorry to hear that.

Youve been through a lot and I pray with my heart that things look up for you <3

Years
  • It's been a mixed bag, I got my drivers license and first job; and my home life was a lot better then in 2022. But I was also very stressed out for large portions of the year and was working too much to fully enjoy my new independence. If 2022 was a 4/10, I'd give 2023 a 6/10.

Years
  • Pretty much business as usual for the most part. Got to hear that all my old fillings from back when I was a child need to be replaced when I was at the dentist a couple months ago.
    Not looking forward to the next session, yet at the same time wanna get it over with.

My sister also lost one of her cats to a passing car. I liked that cat alot as it was always happy to see anyone who visited and would lie on your lap for hours.

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Frankly, I'm relieved 2023 is ending. I ended up needing two months off work after having a complete mental breakdown, the week I was due to go back I caught covid and that has had a long-term impact on my overall health, and the heat this summer almost hospitalised me as a result. I have definitely not enjoyed this year.

But on the positive side of things, I am now a professional video game journalist, have made real progress with my mental health thanks to a new therapist I started seeing just prior to my time off work - I'd probably be off work still or just unemployed if not for her, in fact - and most importantly, I've made it through everything more or less intact. It's been a bad year, but it's in the past and there's not much point in dwelling on it. Onwards and...well, just onwards for now. Whether or not things go upwards remains to be seen.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I... don't know? It went garbo and then it went not garbo?
    I had set 0 goals anyways since me setting goals is bound to fail :'D

Everything up untill the last 2 months has been garbage, near burnout at work, friends having also issues and often distanced from others so I had no one to talk to really.
    then the last 2 months I got job stability, new mechanical birds and some other goodies that made 2023... acceptable lmao

Years
  • In the last few years, I had a feeling like I'm almost an unstoppable force and everything I touched turned out great. I was moving on with my life in an incredible way. Getting my Master's degree, getting my dream job and finally having a chance to stand up and find my place amongst the best educators of my country. The same in my personal life. I moved in with my girlfriend and got engaged. And in a sense, it worked the same this year. I got married, I'll be dad in a few months, I bought a car, I made some international contacts and new friends, I was invited to the neighbour country to teach there for some time, released some research papers and overall moved in every aspect in my life by s lot again. But I also started feeling a little out of my element this year. I can't really nail it down with words. But I felt like I'm not doing enough. Like I could be doing so much more. I started questioning if what I did was even right. It felt like I lost control. Everything went so well, something must be wrong. And this feeling had a negative effect on my health. I got sick more often this year and my body just completely shut down around August/September. Which finally prompted me to do something about it all. I had to take a few steps back, get a new perspective on what I'm doing and rethink some stuff. And I think I'm slowly catching up with my life again.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    The year started off great! Finished a big project (then moved on to a new big project). Life wasn't too crazy, so there wasn't a whole lot to report until the middle of the year. July started on a great note for me, since I finally accomplished a goal of mine: getting braces. I've been wanting them for years.

Everything changed July 23rd. I won't get in to the details about anything, but it's been emotionally taxing since then. A lot about my life changed since that day. Still figuring things out. Still a lot of questions left hanging.

Back