• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

25 and still into Pokemon

Years
    I really dont see the wierd with being 25+ and being into pokemon.

Everyone has different interests. Thats all.

I am 31 and I am into pokemon.

But I guess this is my own view of it. I am an open minded person.

The common people so to speak might find it wierd becouse its not common with people in general 25+ to like pokemon. But thats should not be equal to it being wierd.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    No, not at all! As a matter of fact, Pokémon has been so generally accepted by 18+ year old fans to the point where Game Freak actually made Pokémon for all ages. This happened during the release of X and Y.

And this target audience change is much needed. We love Pokémon for many different reasons from the creatures themselves to the simple yet deep battle mechanics. It's irritating to see non-fans dismiss us as childish adults. The reason for this is because you shouldn't stop liking something simply because you're "too old" for it. You should ignore what the target audience says and keep on liking what you like. :D

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I have to say when I got my Y copy, we were in a line before the store opening and there was a line up!! Only one little girl. That's it. The others were way more older. (This little girl has her daddy with her.. He did a good job haha)

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    I am 20.
    I quit watching pokemon after Misty left when I was about 13 then after 7 years later I watched some repeats of pokemon season 1 and I got back into it recently. I honestly dont care about pokemon infact I dont even know one pokemon of gen 3 4 5 6...
    Now I only care about Pokeshipping. I like the chemistry between Ash and Misty. I just hope they reunite marry and have some kids.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    I'm 21, about to graduate from college, and I have made more Pokemon playing friends in college than in highschool. Don't sweat it, its your life.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
    Really funny, this thread is. My wife (yes, I'm that old), loves the fact that I get online and watch Pokemon videos and go on a Pokemon forum. Unlike most men my age (24, turning 25 on Thanksgiving), I don't go online to watch girls twerk (that has to hurt the back anyway), but I go online and do nerdy things like watch people open Pokemon cards or play a video game. I'm proud to be a nerd, I have been all of my life and it's just who I am. Don't be ashamed of still loving Pokemon. I still play Pokemon Yellow, Gold, and Ruby for the most part. It's just who we are.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Well, I am 23 this year and I am still into Pokemon.
    My friends have all gotten into Pokemon despite teasing me about it back in the days. :P
    Everyone's pretty open about such things now.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I've never understood this mentality that adults, or rather people above the age of, what, 10(?), shouldn't enjoy the game or that it's strange that they still find it fun.

I'm still baffled at why threads like this keep popping up or what could possess someone to be self conscious about enjoying a video game. What twentysomethings would care that much? In my experience the only time I was judged for what I enjoy was when I was a kid/teen. Real adults don't give a Rattata's Tail Whip about something like that though I have been scoffed at for liking RuneScape, but I digress. Besides, weird is awesome.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2014
    Pokemon is forever. I am 21 too and some people may think its weird that I like it but I don't care.

Back