• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: 25 Character Limit

Years
  • Last one for a while. I promise.

I would really like to take away the 25 Character Limit in Visitor Messages, Picture Comments and such. I know that many people find this extremely annoying like me. It's just in some messages, we would write the occasional "Ok", "No" or "Yes". We may type slightly more than that but still less than 25 characters and people can get bothered by that.

When the frequent noob tells you something, you just don't want to go into a long conversation with them, right?

Years
  • Um. if you read the rules,it states that you are allowed to 'break' this rule freely.
    User Profile Rules said:
    The 25-character and 4-word rule does not apply.
    Yes, this means you can bypass the limit as much as you want in the visitor messages.
    Unless i'm mistaken from what you posted.

Last edited:

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
  • If I remember right the VMs and posts are tied together, so thus why there's a 25 character limit yet there's also a rule saying you can bypass that in VMs (and Logiedan quoted the part of the rule). If we were able to do away with the character limit in VMs then we would. But since we're not able (or more like it might take a lot of recoding), just add a few extra dots or filler words in your VMs.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
  • What are you guys talking about...

VMs don't have a limit. Nobody in my profile would send me huge VMs, nor do I :?

Zet

Years
  • VMs only require one character minimum, so I don't know where you're all getting the idea of its 25 character limit.

We can spread it to blog comments and all those other functions… when they become our priorities.

When you go to edit a VM you will get a message saying to make a minimum of 25 characters if the current VM edit is less than 25.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Dunno 'bout anyplace else, but I know I found it strange when I started up my blog and found that comments had that limit. I'd think blog comments seem more like VMs than posts and should lack the limitation as VMs already do. If I just want to thank someone for their comment or whatever it seems silly to have to come up with filler and feel like I'm 'cheating' or being a noob.

Guess it just isn't your priority right now, then. *shrug*

Funfat.

Working on scripts that fail
    Years
  • Dunno 'bout anyplace else, but I know I found it strange when I started up my blog and found that comments had that limit. I'd think blog comments seem more like VMs than posts and should lack the limitation as VMs already do. If I just want to thank someone for their comment or whatever it seems silly to have to come up with filler and feel like I'm 'cheating' or being a noob.

Guess it just isn't your priority right now, then. *shrug*
    *roll eyes*

Whoa...
    A blog is just a normal thread on this website.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I don't get where you see there's a 25 character limit on Vm's.I have yet to have a issue with just typing Yes Or No In A Vm.

Back