• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2ds to 3ds system transfer.

Years
  • I decided that I will buy the new 3ds but gonna wait a little more to purchase one.

In the mean time I will be using my boyfriends 2ds to play Pokemon Y and I would like to ask is it possible to transfer this to my 3ds when I finally get it.

The game was purchased on the Nintendo e-store. And the system was created in his name will this affect anything?

pkmin3033

Yeah, like Team Fail said, it'll transfer the entire account; unfortunately the 3DS is locked to a single account, the transfer will also wipe the original system. So you can do it, but you'll carry everything else with you.

Check the Nintendo Official Website before you do anything. It's a fairly straightforward process, but it doesn't hurt to read up on it before you do it~

Back