• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

<3 Himiwarii Fan Club <3

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
    That sounds like a good idea if I ever heard one. My theme's been in a constant state of non-existance since I joined PC. I asked a couple of 'experts' (>>) who put me on a waiting list of Ra knows how many people. And all I've got to show for my patience is bolded red text and a little man teaching veiwers how to dance. =(

Last edited:

Yuna-chan

Returned from Beyond
    Years
    That sounds like a good idea if I ever heard one. My theme's been in a constant state of non-existance since I joined PC. I asked a couple of 'experts' (>>) who put me on a waiting list of Ra knows how many people. And all I've got to show for my patience is bolded red text and a little man teaching veiwers how to dance. =(

Thats why I do my own themes~ Don't have to wait on anyone.

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
    Well, that's because your a talented graphics artist. Some of us aren't experts when it comes to painting. The only brush I'm relatively good at using is a toothbursh. x_x Not like I haven't tried my luck though. Photoshop is a little confusing for me with all its talk about layers and stuff. Only time I want to hear about layers is when I'm making myself a sandwhich. ;D

I should've guessed that if I couldn't master Paint, then even taking a glance at Photoshop would be useless.

And the punishment for not being able to make my own theme? Just look at my sig. =(

Somebody saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave me D:

Yuna-chan

Returned from Beyond
    Years
    Well, that's because your a talented graphics artist. Some of us aren't experts when it comes to painting. The only brush I'm relatively good at using is a toothbursh. x_x Not like I haven't tried my luck though. Photoshop is a little confusing for me with all its talk about layers and stuff. Only time I want to hear about layers is when I'm making myself a sandwhich. ;D

I should've guessed that if I couldn't master Paint, then even taking a glance at Photoshop would be useless.

And the punishment for not being able to make my own theme? Just look at my sig. =(

Somebody saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave me D:

You don't have be a good artist to photoshop~ Just need a good assortment of brushes and a couple tutorials~

Trial and error is key, keep playing with random stuff till you end up with something nice~ The only thing I will say is honestly difficult to do is cut a single object out of a picture (otherwise called Rendering), like cutting the girl from my sig out of whatever anime picture she came from.

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
    Maybe you don't have to have a degree in artistry but a decent idea of what exactly the heck you're doing does help. I've taken a look at some of those tutorials and they seem pretty straightforward but it when it comes to applying them to my own pictures then things get a little tricky. Things come up that the tutorial failed to cover in enough detail, or not at all, and I end up just leaving it.

Playing with random stuff is fun, but if I had to do it until I came up with something nice, I'd be celebrating my 80th birthday in front of the computer screen. xP

And, and, and, the funny thing, I've actually cut out a few anime figures to try and put them in other backgrounds and stuff, and the cutting out part is the easiest. XD I just use that magic wand to select the background and then inverse the selection if the background colour is plain. But even without it, there's this other tool; I think they call it the 'Marquee' or something, that lets you trace over the character! Real fun and easy too. ^^

So, is Miss Kon usually this popular in her FC? xP

Last edited:

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    I see we have a new member! ^^ Welcome to the club,Krafty Quill~:3

I like making my own themes,but lately I haven't had the time or determination to make my own ;p

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    Miss Kon? O.o I think you are getting me confused with another member,sir xD
    Miss Kanna,err..Kanna is from InuYasha and "Miss" just came to my mind when I was thinking of the name change x3
    Now I am simply Kanna-chan =3

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
    Yezzir. I think the spirit of PC as a whole is dying. People are getting older and gradually becoming less interested in it. All these problems it was having with the server before didn't exactly motivate people to post here either. It could also be that members are running out of topics to discuss? The threads I spend most of my time in PC nowadays are Fan Clubs. Can't abandon your friends now.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    Well,a spraypaint bottle sure isn't gonna do any harm,is it? xD

I can't change avvys either T.T *sigh* I guess I'll have to suffer with the "Unable to save" message all over again D; And I was gonna upload a cute Kyon's imouto-chan avvy too! ;;

PC's been pretty dead for the last couple of months now x_x; But..maybe the people don't know the new domain name and may not be here? ^^; Whatever the case is,I agree it isn't as...active today xDD

Back