• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Day Video Game Challenge!

Neronaya

STAR GATE HEAVEN
Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2023
    Day 1 - Very first video game.
    The first videogame I ever played was Diddy Kong Racing (N64). My friend owned it along with the two N64 LOZ games and I loved those to death. Eventually I begged to get a console of my own and got a gameboy advance with a copy of Pokemon Puzzle Challenge which I still have and love to this day. It's why my favorite genre of puzzle games are panel-de-pon.

Day 2 - Your favorite character.
    Definitely a big toss up here between a few characters. Part of me wants to say Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII), Axel (Kingdom Hearts), or Zelos Wilder (Tales of Symphonia).
    I'm going to have to go with Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes). Great character from a great series.

Years
  • Day 3 - A game that is underrated.
    Genuinely can't think of one for this so just gonna say Pokemon B/W. In terms of the whole Pokemon series I guess they're underrated, and after replaying them a few times the games really grew on me!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years

Hotel Dusk for me was very underrated. I loved playing the game as did my sister but any time I asked anyone else if they had played it they hadn't even heard of it.

Day 1
    The first game I remember playing is Pokemon Gold/Silver. I'm not sure which version I had as a kid, but I know it wasn't Crystal as I was really jealous of my friend who had that!

Day 2
    My favourite video game character that I can think of right now might be the Black Samurai in Shin Megami Tensei 4. She's a really cool, mysterious villain who's identity remains an enigma throughout most of the game.

Day 3
    An underrated game would probably be Shin Megami Tensei 4. Such an amazing and atmospheric experience, it really revived my interest in JRPG's.

Years
  • Day 4 - The worst game you've played.
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on the PS2, was a massive Harry Potter fan as a kid but holy hell I did not enjoy that game.

Neronaya

STAR GATE HEAVEN
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2023
    Day 3 - A game that is underrated.
    I think this game is highly regarded but I hardly ever see anyone play it in the past few years so I'm going to give a shout out to No More Heroes. It's really good it got a PS3 rerelease because a lot of people wouldn't give it a shot when it was solely on the wii.

Day 4 - The worst game you've played.
    This one is really hard because I've played a lot of terrible games (sort of a hobby of mine for a little bit). I'm going to go with Universal Studios Theme Parks Adventure (I played it on gamecube, I got it as a gift when I was a young lad and I cannot explain to you how much I loathed it and still do). It's hilariously bad.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    As much as I'd like to give my least favorite game, I'm seriously drawing a blank...

I know it's out there, but man, so many bad games, how can I pick what was the absolute worst?

If I'm going on community and just sheer overblown hype that it failed spectacularly to live up to, I gotta with Undertale.

Seriously, screw that game.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Day 4 - The worst game you've played.
    Tony Hawk pro skater 5, being a huge fan of most of the others I decided to give it a try and what a mistake that was. Everything about it is totally awful, controls, level design glitches and bugs. I couldn't ever recommend it to anyone.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023

Tetris for Game Boy. When my parents bought me my first handheld, they had no idea there were any other games besides Tetris. (They also didn't know that a game didn't come with the Game Boy Pocket, which meant I got a Christmas present I couldn't actually use for a couple of days.) I remember going to Toys 'R Us to pick up Tetris and seeing huge, really high racks of games (in my memories, they stretched up towards super high ceilings, though I doubt they were actually all that high).

Probably Pikachu. (Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon, but as "characters" go, Pikachu is the one with a decent presence who I like the best.) As for non-Pokemon characters, Mario is probably my favorite.

Pokemon Colosseum. I loved Colosseum and XD, but they didn't get as much traction as they should have. They mixed the classic Pokemon formula with a somewhat darker story, an excuse to actually use double battle strategy, and a mechanic I enjoyed (catching Shadow Pokemon to purify and train - this effectively fulfilled my childhood desire of being able to catch other people's Pokemon).

This is a hard one. If we count educational software as a "game," Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Version 12, because installing it made my family's computer completely non-functional (though I guess I never actually got to use it). For actual games, Paper Mario: Sticker Star was a major letdown. I kept trying to make myself enjoy it, but it didn't really work. I've ultimately given up on it for the time being. It's one of the few games I regret purchasing.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

Usually my answer is Baten Kaitos whenever this questions is asked, but I'll go with the Inazuma Eleven games this time. It's a soccer-RPG that's incredibly fun to play with relatively simple mechanics and some deep gameplay. (and special moves galore!) Like most Level-5 games, it was incredibly popular in Japan for awhile, then died down, and is now trying to be revived with an upcoming game for the PS4/Switch and a currently airing anime.

I honestly can't remember the worst game I ever played as my memory will not allow it. Too much great content has pushed it out of my mind. :laugh-squinted:

Years
  • Day 5 - Hardest game you've played.
    Dark Souls 2, never actually ended up finishing that game, was super hard.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Any one of the dark souls/Demon souls games. I completed them eventually but not without lots of frustration and some raging

Years
  • Day 6 - Most annoying character.
    Stereotypical Navi answer, I never owned or properly played Ocarina of Time, but when I did that fairy was annoying as hell.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    New Super Mario Bros on the DS... That was when I was like, 4 idk how I remember that lol

Nia from Xenoblade 2

I'd say either Xenoblade X or Final Fantasy X-2 (lot of X's lol) both were pretty good games, but I think the difference from the original turned people off

This is tough :/ Not a huge fan of fortnite tbh. I liked it for a while but it's too hard to win games and it's all people talk about and I'm sick of it and I don't even want to think about it. Or maybe Mario Party 9...

Day 5 - Hardest game you've played.
    I'd say dark souls but I played like, 2 minutes so I don't actually know how it compares to other games... Touhou is pretty hard

Day 6 - Most annoying character.
    Arthur from fire emblem fates... Can't stand him

TY

C&C Renegade. It might be not what many FPS games are, but it was certainly a great experience.

Fortnite, I have a massive dislike towards Battle Royale games and this happens to be the only one I played from the genre cause it was free.

Day 5 - Hardest game you've played.
    C&C: Tiberian Dawn, every mission without a base felt like plain torture, although some other games come close to this aswell with their no base shenanigans.

Claptrap... or Anduin with his consistent wow...

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

I'd say Fire Emblem: Thracia 776. If I hadn't been playing on a emulator with save states, I probably wouldn't have made it past chapter 4 or 5. Fatigue, healing staves can miss, escape chapters where Leif has to escape last, mounted units are useless indoors, pitch black fog of war, and the probably the worst of it are the ballista!

Emil from Tales of Symphonia: DotNW. Right from the get-go he's come off extremely unlikeable and annoying; ruined what little interest I had in the game.

Years
  • Day 7 - Favorite game couple.
    Noctis and Luna from FFXV, without spoiling the game, the ending had me sad for days and the way they fought for eachother throughout all the peril they were going through was great.

Back