• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming PC Challenge - PLEASE READ FIRST POST

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 28

While I'd like to say Nintendo, that's probably a bit too broad. But other than the whole company itself it's definitely the first party developer Intelligent Systems. Creators of Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Paper Mario and Warioware. Some of my favourite games ever (and my most favourite) were created by these geniuses, and I can't hold them higher enough in my books. Capcom come a close second though, with Mega Man, Street Fighter, Vs series, Resident Evil, Viewtiful Joe and the like.

Years
    Day 29 - A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving.
    Oooo, I am not sure really. I don't think I have really disliked anything at first and then liked it. I know what I like really and that is that. :/

I don't really know how to answer this really, because I don't think I have really liked something that I thought I would hate. Oh, actually, maybe Fat Princess. I didn't think much of it at first, but it is so fun it is untrue!​

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023

Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
    - Hate me.. Go on. I know ya wanna. But I did. When I first heard of it I was like "That game is crap and I'm gonna hate it."

5 minutes into playing....

"OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING."

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    BIG UPDATE

Haven't been able to update this in ages so I have loads to do all at once

Day 14 - Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper.

Killzone3 Custom wallpaper. I am using the wallpaper you get with the collectors edition of Killzone3.

Day 15 - Post a screen shot from the game you're playing right now.

Demon Souls
    Day 16 - Game with the best cut scenes.
    Hard choice here but I have decided to go with Suikoden. Amazing game with great cutscenes.

Day 17 - Favourite antagonist.
    Ovan from hack GU Most won't have heard of him unless you have watch .Hack anime. But the game was actually first and was amazing. He was a great character and provided amazing plot twists

Day 18 - Favourite protagonist.
    Haseo Exactly same as Ovan both from the same game and another amazing character.
    Day 19 - Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in.
    Mossdeep city I love the idea of living on an island and this island would defo be my favourite with its rocket tower.

Day 20 - Favourite genre.
    MMORPG and FPS. I love MMO games with a passion, I have well over 5000 hours across several mmo games and over 3000 hours on 1 in particular.
    And FPS because I love playing games with friends it really makes playing games worthwhile and FPS is popular among all my rl friends as none like MMO, I play a majority of the top ones like COD and BC2, but also some such as L4D and zombie shooters.

Day 21 - Game with the best story.
    Metal gear solid 4. I completely love this game. I completed it so many times when I first had it. It is just an amazing series but this one just had a truly great story.

Day 22 - A game sequel which disappointed you.
    Anything after sonic on the Megadrive. All a complete let down.

But for a direct sequel. FFX-2 completely terrible I will forever hate this game as it ruined my favourite FF game for me.

Day 23 - Game you think had the best graphics or art style.
    Viva Pinata. Might sound really kiddy but i loved the look of it. It fitted the game amazingly well and really suited the style of game that it was.

Day 24 - Favourite classic game.
    Road Rash, I spent hours playing this on the Megadrive when I was a kid, Completly loved it and still to this day I can sit an happily play it for hours.

Day 25 - A game you plan on playing.
    Portal 2, I loved the first one but I am still yet to pick up the 2nd one and am defiantly going to be getting it soon.

Day 26 - Best voice acting.
    Mass Effect. This game had some great voices in it which really drew me into a game that was pretty much poor other than for the voices.

Day 27 - Most epic scene ever.
    Final Fantasy X the scene where they exit the airship on the wires. When I first saw this it was just an amazing thing to watch and was so happy when I went to the bonus area where yo can rewatch cutscenes and got to relive it again. Absolutly amazing scene.

Day 28 - Favourite game developer

So many I cold have picked. It was a very hard choice between Valve and Gearbox Software.

But I have decided to go with Gearbox Software, all the games they have made are awesome, Half-Life, Brother in arms, Duke Nukem and my favourite Borderlands. Each of these are great games and some of my favourite games to have played, each for their own reasons.

Dante's Inferno. I picked it up after hearing a few bad reviews about it, and me needing a good hack and slash. I ended up loving the game so much I completed it 4 times and platinum trophied it. A very under rated game I would definatly recommend to people.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    Day 29 - A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving

Theresia: Dear Emile. Picked it up, thought it was too scary (because of the knife trap at the beginning and the hallways, but kept playing, and loved it. It's still scary though. D:

Years
    Well, this is the last one! Thank you to everyone to has posted and I am going to leave this open after tomorrow so you guys and girls can discuss your different posts or someone else's.

Day 30 - Your favourite game of all time.
    This is a very VERY tough one, got to be the toughest. There have been many games that I have loved so much over my gaming life. Tales of Symphonia, Fallout 3, Mortal Kombat, Portal but the one that has to pip them all to the post, has got to be Silent Hill 2. Bet no one saw that coming. XD

Silent Hill 2 was the real first game that made me really go, wow. I loved the story, I loved feeling that it gave me and everything. I loved James Sunderland and just everything. I have played it a few times since I first played it, though that is a understatement! XD​

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023

Eassyyyy oooooone! (Who ever didn't see this coming needs to be shot)
    Okami (PS2/Wii) - The game is beautiful, amazing plot, unmatchable graphics, drop-dead gorgeous soundtrack.... Really, there's nothing I DON'T like about it (Except how much more finicky the wii version is and its lack of ending)
    Best. Game. Ever.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    Day 30 - Your favourite game of all time

Omigosh, it's the end already? :O

But moving on to the crux of the matter... my favorite game of all time has got to be Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations. It was the best game IMO out of the whole Ace Attorney series, and tied up the history of Phoenix Wright (the lawyer) quite nicely. I loved it, and the plot was fun too~ Also, I did get a lot of favorite characters out of that game (like Godot), so it now sits on my list as one of my favorite games of all time.

The music was awesome too. And the sprites. 'nuff said.

((And you thought it was going to be 999, amrite? Heh))

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Day 25 - A game you plan on playing.
    Hm, Devil Survivor 2 and Devil Survivor Overclocked. :P

Day 26 - Best voice acting.
    TWEWY is the only game that has a voice acting that I like. Disgaea was like, ew.

Day 27 - Most epic scene ever.
    Hm, this is hard... It's really hard to choose but if I had to choose it'd be 999. The way Junpei managed to pick up all of the pieces together...

Day 28 - Favourite game developer.
    Nintendo / Game Freak, whichever made the Pokemon series. :D

Yu-Gi-Oh. It was a GBA game. I thought, hey, what the heck, might as well play it and I liked it.

Devil Survivor. I don't know.. I... really loved it.

Oh.. it's over. ;(

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Seeing as I missed yesterday, and it's the last day, I'll do a proper one for yesterday, as apposed to what I usually do when I miss a day.

Day 29

To be honest, I've only really had it the other way around, only disappointment in the game industry nowadays. Right, pessimism over. If I really think, while I bought the game Shining Force (the port for the GBA this was), I had never heard of it at the time and sort of didn't expect anything from it, but it's name was awesome, so as a young child I expected to like it a bit. But I didn't like it a bit. I liked it much more than that, really good game.

Day 30

I know that I say it a lot around the forums, but it's Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame/Rekka no Ken/7. I just love everything about it, the game play, the story, the art style, the fact that it's portable. It's just perfect.

Last edited:
    Back