• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokémon Challenge!

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Day 22: Favourite Rival
    Wally is definitely my favourite rival as I adore his story. I enjoyed watching him develop as the game went on and they really emphasised his growth in strength in ORAS, in which his changing battle sprites also serve to reflect his development as the game progresses.

HM: Shauna, she's just adorable!

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 22: Favorite Rival

When it comes to my favorite rival, I have to go with Blue. Not only he the very first rival character in the Pokemon franchise, but he is the only rival to have become both a champion and a gym leader. Plus it is quite funny how his grandfather, Professor Oak, can not remember his name.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    Day 21: Favorite Pokémon Bad Guys

I just have to go with Team Plasma on this one. From day 1, the Pokémon franchise has always been under attack by haters talking about animal fights and desensitization towards animal abuse. To see the Pokémon games actually embrace that idea, and address an adult issue like that in such a straightforward manner within a children's game was honestly very refreshing, and straight up interesting. I dislike almost everything about Team Plasma's design to be honest, they don't look as cool as Team Rocket, Aqua, or Magma, but I really loved their role in the game.

Day 22: Favorite Rival

This just has to be Blue, hasn't it? With Silver as a close second. Silver starts off as a criminal who you somehow help redeem over the course of the game. You, as the protagonist, show him that the only way to bring out the true power of Pokémon is through friendship. Blue, on the other hand, is a prodigy. He climbed the ranks faster even than you, the legendary Red, and became Pokémon League Champion only to be foiled by you at the very last minute. He doesn't redeem himself, he doesn't need to learn anything about himself or his own Pokémon, he's playing second fiddle to you, and he'll likely continue to do his best in order to prove that he is, in fact, better than you are. That is a true rivalry.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Day 22: Favorite Rival

Ah, man. Wally is definitely my favorite, because he relates to me most, and his design is adorable (plus he has some cute Pokémon). He's a weak kid who wants to become a Pokémon master, he's got messy green hair and a cute face, and he has Ralts. I love Ralts (as much as I love the other members of its family).

Years
  • Day 21: Favorite Pokémon Bad Guys
    Team Rocket, hands down. They're just evil for the sake of being evil, while most other teams just seem misguided in their motives. Sure, other team leaders like Ghetsis and Lysandre might actually be more evil as individuals than Giovanni, but I don't think their teams quite realized that.

Day 22: Favorite Rival
    Just like I enjoy Team Rocket for being evil, I like Blue/Green/Gary/err... what's his name again? for being a jerk. I don't want my rival to be my best friend along my journey- I want someone who's trying to be better than me, and Blue seemed to be the most driven in that regard. And aside from Silver, he was the only one that I actually enjoyed beating, so I wouldn't mind seeing a rival that's a bit of a jerk when Sun/Moon come around.

Years
  • Day 22: Favourite Rival

For me, it's a duo that hasn't been mentioned yet - Cheren and Bianca from B/W. I love those two for the character development they went through during the B/W story and how they differed compared to the protagonist, and seeing the two find paths to pursue in B2/W2 was a great concept.

Years

I have to agree with Meloetta, Gary is my favourite rival as well, he was always ahead of the player and tried his best to antagonise us. Some of his battles were hard and taking him down at the end of the Elite Four was a great feeling.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Day 23: What Pokemon would live in your part of the world?

Australia is a very diverse country so there'd definitely be a lot of diverse Pokemon. Based on local wildlife, Kangaskhan, Breloom, Golduck, Doduo and Ariados would be common. My home city is a very big on culture and the arts so I could see Smeargle calling it home. Tiny fairy penguins come around my area in winter so Piplup might be rare in the wild here. And aaaall the Bug Pokemon because #straya.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years

Well the Unova Region covered what Pokemon could be found in New York and New Jersey. Orre covered what Pokemon could be found in Arizona. Alola will cover what Pokemon could be found in Hawaii. As for the rest of the United States, well it happens to be unknown.

Years

Similar to what Josh (Charlie Brown) said, Australia is known for its diverse species flora and fauna and there's still so many Pokemon that could be based on those that haven't come to fruition yet. Kangaskhan would likely be a Pokemon found there, and maybe Breloom (it has a kangaroo-like body) and Doduo line (being sorta based on an emu). Oh, and expect Bug and Water-types to be plentiful as well.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Whaaaa... did I get behind. Going to catch up slowly, starting... now!

Day 11: If you were a Pokémon, what would you be?
    I'm commonly associated with Sandshrew, who is seen as a mischievous little trickster secretly plotting for world domination on PokéTrivia. Guess that sorta fits me. Haven't achieved much regarding the world domination though. :P

Day 12: Favourite Pokémon attack or move
    In games I always tend to rely on moves with at least 100% accuracy as well as some fun status moves like Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Nasty Plot and a bunch of status inflicting ones. One favorite? Spore, I guess? That full accuracy is amazing!

Day 13: If you lived in the Pokémon world, what would you be? (eg Trainer, Gym Leader, Breeder, Co-ordinator, etc)
    I don't think I can actually become a Pokémon trainer, I'm not a real traveler. A researcher would be cool, maybe I could even make it to Pokémon Professor. :]

Day 14: If you were a Gym Leader, what would be your specialty?
    Psychic all the way! I think our mind is intriguing and psychic is my favorite type, so that's an easy pick.

Day 15: Favourite region in the Pokémon world
    Sinnoh, hands down! I love it's balanced geography. There's a bit of everything and it's well spread throughout the story. Once you've been to Eterna, you can easily go back to Oreburgh (and the rest via that place) without having to walk the entire end back. It's those little things that do it for me. Not to mention it also has a great post-game region/area/thing.

pkmin3033

Day 23: What Pokemon would live in your part of the world?

Birds, dogs, and cats. Probably Fennekin too, and lots and LOTS of Bunnelby. Yanma in the summer. That'd be about it. Nothing exotic or anything D:

Adam Levine

Years

In my country in general, LOTS of Pokémon. The wildlife here would be extremely diverse, and it would include Pokémon like Tropius and Aipom. But here, just a bunch of domestic stuff like dog-like and cat-like Pokémon.

Adam Levine

Years

In my country in general, LOTS of Pokémon. The wildlife here would be extremely diverse, and it would include Pokémon like Tropius and Aipom. But here, just a bunch of domestic stuff like dog-like and cat-like Pokémon.

Years
    Probably an unpopular opinion but I really liked Barry/Jun. He was extremely kiddish in the games but once I saw him in the anime I clicked instantly. Soon enough my mindset changed and I quickly found him to be very humorous and different from the few other rivals we got before that (the cold, harder-to-approach Blue and Silver). That and his habit of wanting to fine you for every little thing was a cute personality quirk.

Day 23: What Pokémon would live in your part of the world?
    I'm in NYC right now. So.. Trubbish, Koffing, Meowth, Skitty, lots and lots and lots of Pidove, Rattata (seen plenty of rats in the subways), Rufflet/Braviary. Squirrels and deer are abundant so I suppose Pachirisu and Deerling will be a fairly common sight. Am actually quite happy with this list. :D

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Day 24: A Pokémon you'd find useful in real-life

Charizard! I wouldn't have to take the train anymore ($$$), Charizard could just fly me to work. We have no heater at home - Charizard can take care of that! Plus Charizard is pretty strong so it could help lift stuff while I clean the house, haha.

Years
  • Day 24: A Pokémon you'd find useful in real-life

Latias and Latios. If OR/AS taught me something it's that soaring on their backs can take you anywhere along with getting a great view. In fact no need for a plane if you can fly everywhere with Latios and Latias.

pkmin3033

Day 24: A Pokémon you'd find useful in real-life

Dialga. Time travel shenanigans, gooooo.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Okay, looks like I'm catching up as well. And considering things may get too long...

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back