• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokémon Manga

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Day 06 - What character do you think is the best designed visually?

Pokemon Adventures: Most characters use their game designs, so I won't count them as they were never truly designed by Kusaka...the ones who weren't aren't that interesting to note.

DPA: Uh...Hareta?

ReBURST: Karuta.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Yamamoto is teh atist, not Kusaka. Although Kusaka might giving advice to Yamamoto for some character designing. There are still original character. Did you forget Saque, Chakra, Oka, Emerald and Yellow?
    Originality aside, I could say its Red. The FRLG outfit somehow making him have cooler looks than before. Originality, I could say its Saque.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Day 04 - Which character would you like to be most in the manga?

EMERALD! As much as I hate to admit it, probably Sapphire. But only because there are so many goddamn Franticshippers out there... /see, I was ~totally~ in love with Ruby a while back...

Crystal is another one, but only for MangaQuest (that is Gold x Crys right).

Day 05 - Which character would you want as your best friend?

Gold, Ruby, Pearl, or Black. Gold is hot and good at gambling, Ruby is hot, period, Pearl is also hot and our personalities might be similar (:B), and Black is hot and pretty damn cool so far.

Edit: Editing this in because I can.

Ruby! I honestly did think that white stuff was Brendan's hair until Ruby proved me wrong. Also loving the ahoge and scar, and I must say the fact that a protag. has freaking glasses (similar to mine, even--I'm not kidding!) makes him all the more awesome and hot!

Last edited:
    Years

I'm not really sure. But in terms of being 'visually attractive', I would pick Red and Blue. Maybe I'm too used to them - they seem the most appealing to me~

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Sorry, I was on a train last night and just got up from my post-traveling coma!

Day 06 - Best visually designed character
    I'm a big fan of Yellow in this regard. It's amazing how they were able to design her to look boyish and girlish depending on whether she's wearing her hat or not. Also I like that her outfit isn't over-the-top girly like the later girls, lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Day 06 - Best visually designed character

I like Ruby's design. Very clever making his hat actually look like his hair.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years

I am going to choose Yellow since her outfit seems to standout the most out of all the Pokedex holders. Everyone else seems to just wear black with patches of one other colour with the exception of Emerald and Pearl but apron beats sweaters. I also like how she can not only change whether she looks like a boy or a girl by means of the straw hat she also has that cute panicky face for one panel and immediately changes it to a serious face in the next.

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Yamamoto is teh atist, not Kusaka. Although Kusaka might giving advice to Yamamoto for some character designing. There are still original character.

And just because he's the writer doesn't mean he can't design the characters?
    Did you forget Saque, Chakra, Oka, Emerald and Yellow?
    Originality aside, I could say its Red. The FRLG outfit somehow making him have cooler looks than before. Originality, I could say its Saque.
    Most characters use their game designs, so I won't count them as they were never truly designed by Kusaka...the ones who weren't aren't that interesting to note.

Edit:
    Day 07 - Which characters would you like to see interact with each other more?

Screw the characters! I want to see the Pokemon interacting!

Not a lot of the Pokemon manga have much interaction between them other than reactions to events.

Last edited:

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years

Perhaps the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn dex holders. I just like seeing what sorts of shenanigans take place when they get together.

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Day 08 - Which character do you think works best with their Pokémon?

Anyone who uses Burst? It's the perfect example of "working with the Pokemon"

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years

Probably Yellow, since she can "sense" what they're thinking/feeling, to a certain extent. Not to mention, she can level them up whenever she wants.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Day 09 - What character do you prefer in the manga over the games?

I have to go with Sapphire for this. I loved her manga personality, when obviously in the games she had like none. Which means anything is better than what she had, and the character she had was pretty great.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017

Definitely Yellow. She can read their minds.

Ummm... all of them?
    Seriously though, most of the manga characters' counterparts in the game are either completely silent, or annoy the hell out of you. Blue/Green (rival in RBY) and Silver aren't AS bad, but I still prefer them in the manga.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    wow, I miss day seven and eight:(
    Ruby and Sapphire for dex holder
    Fu & Ran for non dex holder character.
    I also want to see Green interact with his sister more.

Diamond. It is very fun to see him cook and eat meal along with all of his pokemon.

Sapphire. I somehow doesn't like her game counterpart, but Sapphire? one of my favorite girl character ever.

Years
    All the Dex Holders generally. For now, I'd like to see the Kanto Holders interact with the Sinnoh Holders

I think Yellow. She can tell what Pokemon are thinking... and not to mention the fact that she can level her Pokemon up at her own will...;;

I'm not too sure. Probably all of them? The main characters don't even talk, so their personality isn't that clear... and also the rivals (Green, Silver and Pearl) are just douchebags in the games (especially the former two...), while in the manga they're like... so lovable characters!! xD

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years

All of them, really. But one character that really sticks out is Sapphire. I just didn't expect her to be that awesome. o.o

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    You know, there are characters like the Gym Leaders or the Professors in these manga....

N.

The way he is characterized is much better than in the games. I like how he's a total douche instead of some misguided person.

Last edited:

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Day 10 - Which manga would you choose to live in and why?
    Suprisingly, mys answer for this one is Electric Tale of Pikachu manga. Many things in the manga seem realistic. Like license thing and stuffs. The way they portray pokemon world in it really intrigue me.
    Electric Tale of Pikachu world combined with Pokemon Special character would be so.....perfect for me.

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years

PokeSpe, and I'm saying this because it's the only Pokemon manga I've read. That, and I like it enough.

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013

Pokemon Pocket Monsters! A manga where Pokemon can communicate like humans? Awesome!

Back