• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 30 Days of Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    2. Did you play as a boy or a girl? Did it match your gender in reality?

I played as the girl (Hilda) cos I like her design. And yes, I am a girl in reality - I always play as the girl in my games.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    (i guess this counts as Day 2 already. We passed 12 AM here)

I played as the guy. Its been a few years back (in Ruby) that I last played as the girl one. Always the boy nowadays. And yes, I am a real life guy.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    [SIZE="a"]1. Did you buy Black/White on its release date (in your country)? Why or why not?
    No but almost did. I pre-ordered White a few months before but on the day of release date(March 6) , my dad couldn't take me out to Gamestop to pick it up. So I had to wait to March 7th to get it.[/SIZE]

blue

gucci
    Years

I chose the opposite gender and went for a girl this time. I thought why not mix it up and after all it's a new game, new adventure, new gender!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    1. Did you buy Black/White on its release date (in your country)? Why or why not?

Indeed I did; I did not want to wait 5 weeks for my walmart to restock on the merchandise when it was sold out, so I bought my copy of Pokemon White on the first day to beat the line up.

Years
    1. Did you buy Black/White on its release date (in your country)? Why or why not?

No, I never have the money and never really go anywhere, so I ended up getting it about a month too late to get Victini.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday

Yes I did. I was looking forward to those games, and I had the day off from work. So I headed out to a local GameStop where I had pre-ordered them and got both Black and White.

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
    Nope! I'd already seen so much screenshots and leakage that I wasn't too enthralled to buy the games. I also didn't have much money at the time of the release. I actually just recently bought them, and I kinda regret missing out!

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    The first day isn't over yet you guys! It ends in just under 2.5 hours from now. Just to alleviate any further confusion for people for the next 30 days.

Since I'm confused about the 1 & 2's everyone's posting, is it ok if I just post two q&a's in one post? :P

:] 2 Birds, 1 Stone
    Spoiler:

Anyways:

Nope, I actually just got it in November. Reason being I didn't think it'd be all that different from the past games. I finally caved all because I wanted a Multiscale Dragonite..

I usually play as a boy, since, you know, I'm a guy. But on a recent Nuzlocke run through Diamond, I decided to play as the girl :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Uh, what was confusing about my last post? o_O I said "the first day isn't over yet", that seems like the most straightforward way to say that and I can't think of a clearer way to put it lol.

The second day's questions start at 12:00AM Eastern Time, or in 1 hour, 50 minutes

Anyone's who's already answered two not like it's a big deal, but I'm trying to clear up the confusion because people posting the next number before it actually switches over is obviously starting to confuse everybody as to which question is the right one to answer today.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Yes, yes I did. I was way too excited about the team I had planned out to NOT get it. Mom got it for me as an early graduation gift, so it made it a little sweeter.

Clacla

karp karp karp
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017

No, they didn't look to appealing, I never bought them, although I borrowed my cousin's xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Girl, despite her being a fashion disaster this time around. The opposite gender of my RL gender, but I've played as the girl since Crystal, so it would actually feel weirder if I didn't play as the female...

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Oh gosh I'm so late for this but I'll answer both questions for the days I've missed.

I did buy it on launch date. Me and my friend walked down to the GameStop in the almost rain after preordering it. I was dressed all in Black, with my white DS Lite and picked up Black, while my friend was fully dressed in White, with his black DS Lite and picked up White. Fun times.

I played as a boy, because it matches my gender in real life. Plus, it's a huge step up from the hats of the last two generations. The beret on Lucas looked silly and I don't even know what Brendan was wearing.

Years
    I'll do these anwsers even though it just started yesterday.

Nope, I didn't. I got White a week after the games released and then I bought Black 3 months later.

I played as the girl cause I am a girl in real life. (Although I played as the guy in Sapphire once.) Not a big fan of the girl's design, though.

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years

I'm late as well! Oh well...

I'll just quickly answer the first question, I didn't buy it when it came out, I never had a DS, by May 2011 I got a 3DS and bought Black, finished it and obtained all Pokemon (Thanks to PC!) and traded it off, I'll never trade Black 2 once I get it though.

Now...
    I played as the Male, I always pick male anyway (I am one), I never really thought about using the female, ever.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    2. Did you play as a boy or a girl?
    I played as a girl. :3 As a female I tend to side with being a girl, plus I loved Hilda's design, whereas Hilbert's was... ugly. ;x

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Day 2: What gender did you play as? Did it match your gender in reality?

I played as the boy because, well, I'm a guy in the real world.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back