• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

????? ?? ????? ??? ????? ?????!

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
  • こにちは! Το όνομά μου είναι Ιασων!

Hey peoples, Jason here. I guess I should post my goals here 'cuz everyone else is doing so. I don't really know how I'm going to format this thread's CSS. Oh well, I guess that's a future me problem.

Short Term Goals:
    Music Mixing Mastery: I want to learn how to remix video game music, specifically Pokémon music. This has been a goal of mine for about a year now, and it's time that I get started. Who knows, maybe I'll even try to get a spot in the PokeCommunity ROM Hack?​

Long Term Goals:
    Procrastination Elimination: As some of you might know (mainly gimmepie and LegendChu), I have a huge procrastination problem. Not just on this forum, but in real life as well.
    Reading Goals: One of my goals is to read 100-200 books this year, whether they're fiction or not.
    Language Learning: As you probably assumed from the title, I want to master the Japanese and Greek languages. I will be taking small steps to this goal, starting with understanding Japanese grammar.
    The Best of Bach: I want to master all six of Johann Sebastian Bach's Cello Suites. It's gonna take a while, but I know that it's achievable!​

Years
  • Language Learning: As you probably assumed from the title, I want to master the Japanese and Greek languages. I will be taking small steps to this goal, starting with understanding Japanese grammar.
    Japanese grammar is fairly difficult and different from most languages. Do you already have some knowledge of the language, like common expressions or words or knowing hiragana or something like that? Having a pool (even a small one) of words to fall back on when learning grammar is going to be helpful (perhaps necessary) to coming to grips with grammar. Of course you can try to learn them simultaneously, too, if that works for you.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

• ayyy catman! how've you been doing on your goals these past few weeks? have you picked a book to start reading?

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • Japanese grammar is fairly difficult and different from most languages. Do you already have some knowledge of the language, like common expressions or words or knowing hiragana or something like that? Having a pool (even a small one) of words to fall back on when learning grammar is going to be helpful (perhaps necessary) to coming to grips with grammar. Of course you can try to learn them simultaneously, too, if that works for you.
    Thank you for the comment. I have almost nothing except for a very basic understanding of the grammar. So far this whole endeavor is going well, but pretty slowly. I decided to work on the, simultaneously, as that works best for me.

wow, I'm surprised to see a Greek title haha. Good luck on learning Greek!
    Thanks a lot!

ayyy catman! how've you been doing on your goals these past few weeks? have you picked a book to start reading?
    I haven't really worked on remixing, sadly, and (as one might assume from how late this response is) I still procrastinate quite a bit.

As for Greek and Japanese, they're going well, I've almost got the basic grammar for both down. I've started on Bach's Cello Suite No 1: Prelude, and that's progressing as well. I'm currently reading two books simultaneously: A Field Guide to Lies by Daniel J. Levitin, and The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan.

Thank you for asking! ;)

Back