• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3D Game Development Team Recruiting

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
  • well...

I hevent talked it over with Mike yet but if I cant get my hands on the 3D models from pokemon stadium then only the world will be 3D. I just downloaded pokemon stadium but theres no real progs that rip 3D models from N64 roms so i think thats a no go...

Anyways just a update.

[MikeGTS]

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
  • just a warning for everyone, that new bark town and my map that i was building of route 29 (well all the work) IS GONE!! Well, i have to make maps from scratch again. My harddisk suffered an electric problem and i had to buy a new one. Sorry, but i only took 5 hours making that map, so it shouldn't be hard to do them again. Anyways. the pokemon won't be so 2d as we think! For those that ever played Doom 1 and 2 for PC noticed that players and monsters have various sprites for each 8 directions! Thats why we need spriters to do that kind of stuff! The game is possibly for D3D and OpenGL! And for those fans of 3Dfx, we will try to make a version in that too. No Linux for now!

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • I would model the pokemon but it is just too much :S

Anyways, I think you could find dome high res non-pokemon textures to make the maps :x

As for the models I saw a program once that would let you view models from pokemon collosseum but I'm not sure if it let's you save them as an usable 3D format. :)

Pete

<>PAWN CONTROL 1.0<>
    Years
  • [MikeGTS] said:
    just a warning for everyone, that new bark town and my map that i was building of route 29 (well all the work) IS GONE!! Well, i have to make maps from scratch again. My harddisk suffered an electric problem and i had to buy a new one. Sorry, but i only took 5 hours making that map, so it shouldn't be hard to do them again. Anyways. the pokemon won't be so 2d as we think! For those that ever played Doom 1 and 2 for PC noticed that players and monsters have various sprites for each 8 directions! Thats why we need spriters to do that kind of stuff! The game is possibly for D3D and OpenGL! And for those fans of 3Dfx, we will try to make a version in that too. No Linux for now!

Ouch! Unlucky with the hard disk. Anyway this looks promising so...

BEST OF LUCK!!!

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
    Years
  • Uhh...

If anyone finds out how to get 3d models off of any of the 3d pokemon games it whould be a ton of help other wise were not gonna have any 3D pokemon in our game :( does not mean it will be a bad game just not the best game... Im not feeling the whole doom style sprites so if anyone knows how to get 3d pokemon models I beg them to share the love.

Years
  • the old 3d game studio :D long time no see hehe :P i got the full version A6 3D gamestudio :P i know a bit of c script. that was my first programer language. good luck with your project

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
    Years
  • that sounds awsome...

burned we whould love to have you in our project if you have experiance with 3DGS as you say you do.

note to anyone who wnats to join you should use a Instant messanger to share project info. I use all of them and my SNs are public.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    I like the idea and would like to help out here and there when I have the time away from work, school starting here in the next couple months(which so you know, I will be getting a Bachelor's in Computer Science), and making my own game(s).

A long time ago I tried working with 3D modeling, but not much sucess since I didn't have the best of programs(money). Was modeling cars, editing ones from Need for Speed Underground, GTA, and others that people made. But now that I think of it Underground and GTA were also on Computer, so that might be where they got the files. Umm..... I'd say find a message board where people are talking about that stuff(editing models from game like GTA), which think I might have one in mind to check, and see if they might be able to help you with getting the 3D files from a GameCube game on the computer.

The site that I remember(if i can find again), people made a file where you open up the certain GTA file and it would bring up all the 3D models in the game to choose from and whatnot.

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
    Years
  • Look!!!

I just made a simple pokemon center model have a look. The screen shots I had were made with blocks and textures im going to make models for all the buildings in instead.

Last edited:

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
    Years
  • Uhh...

Im hopeng to make the game look alot better then what your seeing. I just basicly craped those screenshots out so ppl could see what were talking about.

Zerro

Dreamer
    Years
  • For those that don't know I own Zero Gaming. We are a game devloping team currently working on 2 titles. I am very intrested in teaming up with you guys to devolp this game. My team incudes scripters, spirters, rippers, mappers ect. I myself do not know the language but I will learn, I can map, script, and devlop sound files, and make game movies. ATM I have no direct acess to a computer due to hurricane wilma so PM me, or reply to tell me what you think.

Years
  • I found this on ekaiyo online, it may be of some use to you guys.
    Waddle_48 said:
    This May be a bit lazy... but it saves modeling, why not extract the pokemon models from Pokemon stadium 2? and use them so it saves time than creating them? https://www.emutalk.net/nemu64/21092-will-allow-you-export-geometry-textures.html do not ban me it is only a sugestion... it may be illeagal though...
    Also, here is another page that will help you: https://www.emutalk.net/general-n64...-models.html?highlight=pokemon+stadium+models

Last edited:

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • lol, could save us sometime if I could open games on my nemu 64, maybe it#s because smth wrong on my computer but I can't open any of the pokemon games nor smash bros on nemu :S

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
    Years
  • uhh...

Ive been monkeying around with that all night i still cant get models extracted...
    I gus well have to modle them ourselfs. :(

But thanks anyways....

Back