• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3d games are slow

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    my computer is great but when I play toy story 2, it slow even reduced the size. Mines is amd64 3200+ 2.01 ghz, 512 of ram, all in wonder radeon series 32 mb of vram. even turning to software mode. buzz lightyear game is slow. mines is directx 9.0c. In virtual pc, it only software and it skip frames about 1 second. in ts2, when it skip frame in short time, it was normal, but then no skip frames is slow.

Years
  • my computer is great but when I play toy story 2, it slow even reduced the size. Mines is amd64 3200+ 2.01 ghz, 512 of ram, all in wonder radeon series 32 mb of vram. even turning to software mode. buzz lightyear game is slow. mines is directx 9.0c. In virtual pc, it only software and it skip frames about 1 second. in ts2, when it skip frame in short time, it was normal, but then no skip frames is slow.

It may not be your computer. It may depend on how old the game is. Usaually older games especially 3-d games tend to be slower due they make. Toy story 2 game is an windows 95 game isn't it?.

What computer do you have? Because usaually if its a newer computer like xp sometimes it doesn't work so you have to go on right click on the icon of the game. Then click properties then compatiability, then check run this game in compatiability mode. Finally click windows 95 and the game might work faster.

However sometimes this process doesn't work. It doesn't matter how good, how much ram, or how advanced the computer is,. Its down to one simple thing the computer is too advanced for the game seeing as the game was originally made for windows 95/98. Thats why it might be sluggish.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    Windows xp professinal. It still slow, but my cousin and my sister's computer is slow, but it has normal speed on ts2 and they have xp, no set compality mode, it was perfect but not mines, it still slow even set it to 95/98/99

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    It could be the video card. I've got a Radeon 300-something card and it can play 3-D games, but big titles like Oblivion lag like you wouldn't believe.

NightonEX

The Apple iSuck Fan!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2007
    I have the same problem, although wih Oblivion. I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Proccesor 3800+, 2.00GHz, 896MB of RAM. Thankyou to the system tasks in "My Computer" for that. Windows XP Pro.

Well anyway, the problem is the age of the game. Or you have a wh*re of a video card, which is my problem.

(excuse my language)

EDIT:I have a Geforce something.

Marauding Master

Interdimensional.
    Years
  • Okay. First off. Your videocard which is the piece of hardware that renders your textures is PURE HORSE****. That is not a joke, I am surprised it didn't break down yet. 32MB is like... 8 years ago. You will not handle any newer games with that. Also you're pretty low on RAM(Memory).

Your CPU, on the other hand, is decent. But yeah, you need a new archetype of videocards and therefore need to update pretty much your whole PC. I'd start saving if I were you.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • How old is the Toy Story game?

Games have graphics problems for one of two graphics card related reasons typically;
    1) You card is too old, you need a newer one
    2) Your card is too new, the game was designed for an older card, an example of this is that Final Fantasy VII PC (awful port) plays best on dual Voodoo2 cards, which are ancient.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    Noww I have Nvidia geforce fx 5700 ultra 128 of vram. It still slow. Long time ago, it work perfectly with 3dfx voodoo2.

Back