• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3DS Is Dangerous For Children

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    TBH, anything can be bad for you. Egads - television can hurt your eyes! Seems more to me like a 'just in case' warning put in by Nintendo - just because there's a warning doesn't man that it would actually affect young kids left right and centre unless of course their parents allow them to play the game for hours and hours on end, and that'd be the fault of the parents in that case. Just seems too akin to the 'don't play for too long' warnings - same mumble jumble about medical advice if so and so and the such.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    of course parents should but now i'm wondering why would nintendo come out with a 3d handheld if 3d has medical warnings against children using it? children are their main consumers why not just improve the existing hardware instead of jumping on this fad.
    Profit — the only thing most companies exist for in the first place. Jumping onto a bandwagon means a little extra revenue.

Years
    The kids won't care now.

But later, once you get to mine or higher you start to notice that you can't see somethings that your friends can, or you start walking into poles.

That's why the parents will fight tooth and nail about this kind of stuff, because they're looking into the future since their kids aren't.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Well as long as the parents either; Don't let them play at all, or limit there playing times, my Nephew is 5 and we only let him play on his Dsi for Half an hour then he has a 15 minute break.

Also, kids that age shouldn't be on game consoles, well not one's like that, let them have their Ps1's and such.

What? Only console's made before the child was born are safe for them to use? That makes none of the sense.

And this is just Nintendo covering their asses just in case it does actually cause any harm - they wouldn't want any of them fancy lawsuits coming their way, would they?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Bleh, just turn the 2D off. I'll do it, and 4 year olds wont. (btw,why would a 3 year old play on a 3DS. I would understand a Game Boy but this! Nah.)

Back