• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen 3DS Virtual Console Adaptations

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    So the 3DS is going to have a Virtual Console. I think it is quite likely that it will have R/B/Y on it very soon, since Gen I (and R/S/E) are only playable on the DS lite (only including still-in-production-consoles). The question is, will they change much? or anything at all?

Glitches:
    I really hope they include all the glitches. I know they were amazing games and all, and I love them to bits, but the glitches were just a fun thing that you could do once you'd completely completed everything. Maybe they could keep glitches such as MissingNo. but fix the fact that it screwed up parts of the game like the Hall of Fame? That would be amazing!

Trading with Gen III and up:
    Very unlikely, since so much was changed between II and III, but it would be neat. I doubt that this could co exist with the glitches however, one or the other, as it would be so easy to get Mews with the mew glitch.

Any other ideas?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    They're probably just going to shove the first ROM they can find on the Virtual Handeld service - they won't bother fixing bugs in them (Otherwise RBY has a damn laundry list of bugs and glitches that need to be fixed)

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    They're probably just going to shove the first ROM they can find on the Virtual Handeld service - they won't bother fixing bugs in them (Otherwise RBY has a damn laundry list of bugs and glitches that need to be fixed)

They might bother fixing one or 2, like MissingNo., since its such a large glitch.

I forgot to add at the top, what about bonus in game stuff for gen IV/V when downloaded? Like a Kanto starter with a special move/ability? Maybe if they don't include trading?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    If they'd add RBY/GSC to the 3DS Virtual Console then they'd better make them Wi-Fi battle compatible.
    Or it'd be a waste of time and effort to even consider buying the console just for that possibility (for me at least).

I'd definitely download it if they did that! It would be a lot simpler too- there'd be no EV trainers to completely thwart your team.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    WiFi is a good idea
    Maybe buying cheats for cheap amounts of money?
    Speed up
    Buying all the old events like Celebi
    Bringing the GTS type thing that was in the Japanese Crystal to the English version.
    Buying starters and stuff.

Jak

daяk εco frεak
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 23, 2014
    RBYGSC Wi-Fi sounds incredible. Then Gen I and II competitive battling might get some popularity~! I'd definitely invest into that!

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    That would be awesome, although I imagine they'll get rid of the glitches. Didn't they remove loads on the VC on the wii?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I'd definitely download it if they did that! It would be a lot simpler too- there'd be no EV trainers to completely thwart your team.

I'm so in if there would be no EV trainers there... this sounds like a dream come true for me. I'd definately buy a system just for a Virtual Console kind of thing with RBYGSC in it!

The Stat EXP system still exists in Generation 1.

In fact it's a much more effective than EV training in Generation 3 and above ever was because you can boost all 5 (or 6 in Gen II) stats by 63 points, not just a maximum of 2 like from Gen 3 onwards.

Also, I expect the 3DS's Gameboy emulator will have Link Cable emulation via Local Wireless built-in to all games, but probably not wi-fi features.

Last edited:
    Back