• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    ok so its been shown that pokemon from sinnoh and hoenn wont be in hg ss beause the pokedex is the same but what about when you get the natational dex and maybe they will appeare in kanto?

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Actually any Pokemon from the 3rd or 4th gen are pretty much confirmed to be national dex mons. You can tell that by the fact that the numbering in the dex is the original numbering. So any Pokmon I hope to capture from the 3rd/4th Gen is probably a shint if the radar is back.

Tatortotts

I lol'd.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 29, 2012
    I think it would be KIND OF cool to encounter Hoenn/Sinnoh pokemon in the wild before you get the national dex, but personally I'd rather prefer just Kanto/Johto.

-Tator

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    We already know they will be, there have been pictures of game play with Shroomish and Munchlax.

Ayselipera

We already know they will be, there have been pictures of game play with Shroomish and Munchlax.

Wait, have the Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon been confirmed to be in the wild in Johto before the national dex or after?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I wouldn't mind seeing wingull whilst surfing to break up the constant lack of variety (tentacool..tentacool..tentacool......)

Years
    3rd/4th gen Pokemon that could have a possibility of appearing before national dex:

Yanmega, Gliscor, Weavile, Azurill, Honchrow, Mismagius, Ambipom, Mime Jr., Bonsly, Happiny, Munchlax, Mamoswine, Magnezone, etc.

I wouldn't mind seeing these Pokemon (listed above) as long as I don't see any Bidoof again. It really doesn't matter imo.

Last edited:

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Wait, have the Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon been confirmed to be in the wild in Johto before the national dex or after?

Likely after.

Things like Yanmega and more evo's will likely be available always but won't appear in the dex until it becomes National.

Miror B.

"Music!"
    Years
    Maybe a few things like the Wingull family, and the Wurmple family, but not much from the 3rd and 4th Generations, thank you.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    If anything, screenshots of the dex (showing only Kanto and Johto Pokemon without the 3rd or 4th gen evolutions in it, when logically they should) suggest that they won't be in the game until at least a National Dex is obtained.

As for these pictures... I don't recall them either. =/ Any links?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    it would be cool if they put only a select few from kanto and hoenn. there are already going to be johto pokemon right?

For sure, Kanto (such as Pidgey, Rattata, Catepie, Weedle... Drowzee, etc, akin to GSC, I'd imagine) and Johto Pokemon will be in and catchable until the Elite Four (after that, at least the RSE legendaries are avaiable, but from info, not before that) there hasn't been anything saying any 3rd or 4th gen Pokemon will be obtainable before the Elite Four, though.

23usernamebob

GucciBoy347
    Years
    I wouldn't mind seeing wingull whilst surfing to break up the constant lack of variety (tentacool..tentacool..tentacool......)

lol
    that is so true
    oh and dont forget the occasional tentacruel =P

3rd/4th gen Pokemon that could have a possibility of appearing before national dex:

Yanmega, Gliscor, Weavile, Azurill, Honchrow, Mismagius, Ambipom, Mime Jr., Bonsly, Happiny, Munchlax, Mamoswine, Magnezone, etc.

I wouldn't mind seeing these Pokemon (listed above) as long as I don't see any Bidoof again. It really doesn't matter imo.

No, i highly doubt it because in firered u couldnt get a pichu, blissey, espeon or anything of that nature b4 the national dex

Last edited:

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    I really hope they allow the new Johto evos (Leafeon and Glaceon included) before the national dex, that would be enough.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Why would pokemon indigenous to Hoenn and Sinnoh be in Kanto and Johto in the wild? It'd make no sense!! In the case of baby pokemon and evolved forms, then yes after beating the E4...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I loved how I explained things in the first post and it gets ignored...
    3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss

Look. Old numbering. Hoenn/Sinnoh after national. So yeah you guys wanna speculate bout the national dex?

Reactions: Cid
    Years
    ok so theres been some preety hard proof that pokemon from sinnoh and hoenn will be in hg ss so what do you think about that and what pokemon r you hoping to find in the wild and capture?

there has been no hard proof at all about it, so i dunno where you got the idea from
    as for 3rd and 4th gen pokemon, after the national dex is obtained, and they'll probably just stop evolutions of pokemon evolving into a gen 3/4 pokemon

Years
    No, I highly doubt it because in Firered you couldn't get a Pichu, Blissey, Espeon or anything of that nature before the national dex.

I didn't say they would be in the wild pre-national. There's a good chance we won't see the Pokemon I mentioned before the national dex. Okay, so the Pokedex Todoroki provided shows some of the Pokemon that are in the same order as before. Fine. But, those Pokemon I mentioned should be obtainable after we get the National Dex. It was obvious that you couldn't get Espeon in FrLg, because time doesn't exist in that game. You could only get one by trading to Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald and back. You couldn't breed Pokemon in FrLg because the Daycare south of Cerulean only allowed you to put one Pokemon there. What's wrong with wanting 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon in this game before getting the National Dex? I'm not going to use them anyway, because I plan on having a Johto only party, but some people would like to use them anyway.

Back