• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Evolution?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    Do you think there should be third evolutions, why or why not? If so, what Pokemon would you like to see evolve one more time? Personally, I think a third evolution would be really cool, but I don't know which Pokemon would(or should)have one?

Edit: Also, do you think some Pokemon should get a secondary evolution, like Seaking for example?

Last edited:

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Do you think there should be third evolutions, why or why not? If so, what Pokemon would you like to see evolve one more time? Personally, I think a third evolution would be really cool, but I don't know which Pokemon would(or should)have one?

But some Pokemon ALREADY has the third Evolutions.

Example :
    - Shinx --> Luxio --> Luxray.
    See? There's Luxray as the third.
    or maybe
    - Pichu --> Pikachu --> Raichu.

Pretty much clearly though.

Ice Queen

I Love May
    Years
  • But some Pokemon ALREADY has the third Evolutions.

Example :
    or maybe

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

If you read them it siads Basic, State One and State Two and he means a State Three so Four Pokemon on the smae evolution line.

But i think not cuz there thats too many pokemon for one evolution line.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    But some Pokemon ALREADY has the third Evolutions.

Example :
    or maybe

Shinx evolves twice. Once into Luxio, then again into Luxray. There's 3 Pokemon there, not 3 evolutions. I mean 3 evolutions as in Shinx --> Luxio --> Luxray --> ?

If you read them it siads Basic, State One and State Two and he means a State Three so Four Pokemon on the smae evolution line.

But i think not cuz there thats too many pokemon for one evolution line.

Yeah, you got it. Lol. So you're against it? What about terribly weak Pokemon?

Last edited:

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
    Years
  • I haven't really thought about that, since it's kind of a 'taboo' for a pokémon to evolve thrice. One more evolution means more boosts in stats, an even bigger appearance than the 2nd evo, moves delayal, etc. which might cause balance issues, game-wise. It's also hard to imagine such a thing. Name me a pokémon that you see a third evolution coming for.

Pokémon is not Digimon xD

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I haven't really thought about that, since it's kind of a 'taboo' for a pokémon to evolve thrice. One more evolution means more boosts in stats, an even bigger appearance than the 2nd evo, moves delayal, etc. which might cause balance issues, game-wise. It's also hard to imagine such a thing. Name me a pokémon that you see a third evolution coming for.

I agree with this.There should not be a 3rd evolution enless they can keep the game balanced.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    I haven't really thought about that, since it's kind of a 'taboo' for a pokémon to evolve thrice. One more evolution means more boosts in stats, an even bigger appearance than the 2nd evo, moves delayal, etc. which might cause balance issues, game-wise. It's also hard to imagine such a thing. Name me a pokémon that you see a third evolution coming for.

I can't think of one, Lol. It would have to be a weakish Pokemon though. The only one that comes to mind is Seaking.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • A lot of the pokemon that have three-stage evolution will have base stats at the third stage nearing those of legendary pokemon. Evolving them anymore will logically result in pokemon just as powerful if not moreso than the legendaries, which will offput the game's balance and stuff. In light of this, the few evolutionary lines that could qualify for a fourth stage (Butterfree, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Victreebel, etc.) would look like massive favoritism on GF's part. XD

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • Um, you guys don't realize. There could be the possibiblty of the pokemons stats not being boosted after evolution. Evolution doesn't always mean a boost in stats. Just look at scizor. Scizor has a base stat total of 500 just like his pre-evolution Scyther. I'm all for the idea, as long as their stats don't go up, as 2nd evolution pokemon already have very high stats (just look at Slaking).

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    What would qualify as 'a terribly weak Pokemon'?

Even if Seaking were to evolve again it'd be a second evolution
    (My poor Seaking T_T)

I can't think of a terribly weak Pokemon currently, haha. They're out there though. You're right about Seaking! Where was my mind at?

Mr. L

Tea.
    Years
  • Hmmm, I don't really like the idea, personally I'd only want to see this if a pseudo-legendary recieved an addition evolution at something like lv. 80 that didn't increase its stats but offered something like an additional type or just a slightly stronger looking appearance. Kinda like if Mewtwo could evolve in to its "armoured" form from the first movie.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • ?

Don't really like the 3rd evolution thing, it would make the balance of both power and size off. Think about it, some would evolve to bigger pokemon...while others might surpass the legendaries.

Years
  • Rather than giving Pokemon like Butterfree and Dustox a boost from yet another evolution, I think it would be better to just alter their stats. There's really no other hope for these poor Pokemon. I love to use Pokemon like Beedrill and Light Ball Pikachu, but because of their horrid defenses they will faint to any attack. If these Pokemon want any hope of being utilized they'll just have to wait for Game Freak to give them a stat boost; which will never happen.

Three evolutions is just too much. I could only see it done on one particular Pokemon family.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • As cool as the concept sounds, I wouldn't like 4-stage evolutions because the 4th form may have overkill stats.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • What I think should have happened instead of using a third evolution to balance things, is a total redux of stats in the latest generation.

They had an opportunity here to balance all second-stage evolutions an awful lot more than they are now. Potentially giving a hand to those NU and UU Pokémon that might deserve better.

However, they chose to leave stats the same, and probably always will, so I can see how a third evolution would help many Pokémon. The downside with this is many second-stage evolutions already have really nice designs and I wouldn't want them to evolve, I just want them to be better.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
    Years
  • i wouldnt mind another evolution, not necessarily a 3rd, but just another evolution to pokemon that r truly weak... like Luvdisc, its jus too weak! but i love it anway cus i Love Hearts :t370:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Some pokemon that come to mind are Jumpluff completely useless (IMO)
    As for a new evo in general I'd like to see a Hypno Evo and maybe a Grumpig evo I don't know hwy but those two just sprang to mind.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    It's been my childhood dream to give Feraligatr a third evolution.

But yes, game wise, that would seriously unbalance the game mechanics and all hell would break loose.

Back