• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GliscorFan08

Champion Of Kanto
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 26, 2019
    Is it late can i still join?
    If yes
    GliscorFan08
    Ruby
    Bagon-shelgon-salamance

Last edited:

Cid

Years
    I don't like the idea of using the HM Slaves as Revive fodder, but if that's allowed, then I can't do anything, I guess.
    I'd just go on with my solo run without using reviving items at all. It seems more like a solo run to do so, really, since if you rely on other Pokemon to get a 1-Up, then that wouldn't be a solo run now, would it? Precisely the reason as to why I sold every single reviving item that I get, and yes, even those rare Max Revives.

No update yet, guys.
    Still, keep up the good work and thanks for the awesome idea, Xephyr. Good luck with your own solo runs. ;D

blue

gucci
    Years
    It is ok suicune says so in the rules.

Okay, thanks for that, I was planning on changing the starter.

Started

• Opened up A-Starter and set my Solo Runner as a starter
    • Opened up Pokemon Emerald with the VBA emulator
    • Set the setting (Text speed fast ect.)
    • Named my character, completed the introduction.
    • Did the basics, Set the clock, visited May, helped Rowan, obtained my Pokemon... Lunatone! Received Pokeballs & Running Shoes and now I'm ready to begin my adventure

Using Lunatone! :D
    (Won't be posting much information, just images with captions! :P)

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Next update coming soon!

Last edited:

GliscorFan08

Champion Of Kanto
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 26, 2019
    Nice video, well done for completeing the challenge, Level 83 Salamence, nicee.

Thanks Dude
    Yeah you dont even know the time i trained salamance to lv 81 (and salamance is a really hard pokemon to raise) but super speed helped alot

Cid

Years
    Another update. Same as last time, Surge and Cid got another badge, and only one short from completing all eight Hoenn badges.

- Surfed all the way to Mt. Pyre.
    There I kicked some more Team Aqua butt, then left with a Magma Emblem in hand.
    - Flew to Lavaridge Town.
    I remembered seeing a Team Magma Grunt at Jagged Pass, so I went there to give the Emblem back. And what do you know, the boulder where I saw the Team Magma Grunt standing near to responded with the Emblem, which took me to their hideout.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Who would have known there was a huge cavern used by crooks beneath the Jagged Pass?
    - Entered the Team Magma Hideout.
    There I battled Team Magma Leader Maxie. By the way, the knocked out Pokemon besides Cid is StrSmasher, because Strength was needed to get through the hideout, though I made it a point to knock him out before having any battles inside to still have a solo run. I beat him easily...then he just disappears.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

At least you're not avoiding me, unlike some other team leader.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

I wonder if the other team leader is as much of a pushover as you.
    - Flew to Slateport City to see Team Aqua get away with Capt. Stern's submarine.

- Flew to Lilycove City.
    After entering the cavern east of the city, I came across the hideout of Team Aqua. There, I kicked a little Team Aqua butt (yet again), then their boss got away (yet again).
    - Surfed east of Lilycove City, I got to Mossdeep City.

- Came to the Mossdeep Gym, and defeated Mossdeep Gym Leaders Tate and Liza.
    There I found out that I had to have at least two Pokemon to battle the Gym Leaders, which is why I brought Flasher (my least used HM Buddy) with me, whom I plan to knock away from the battle to achieve the solo run.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Two Gym Leaders? Now that's just...awful, for a guy using one Pokemon for battling all throughout his journey.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

I'm really sorry, Flasher, but Cid has to do this alone.

With that turn wasted, I got hit by Psychic and Earthquake, both significantly denting Cid's HP to almost half. I used Thunderbolt on the Xatu first to kill it off, who was then replaced by a Lunatone. Claydol continued to lash another Earthquake that turn, which was definitely painful, and put Cid's HP to orange.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Yeow, that tremor was painful.

I used Thunderbolt on the Lunatone, so the fight would at least be fair...then they suddenly send out Solrock to replace Lunatone...argh. Then I get hit by another Earthquake, which put Cid's HP to red.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

What? First you do a cheap trick of sending Solrock out, then you continue to cause tremors as the trick is done? And your partners really had to be IMMUNE to Earthquakes, just so Cid could feel the pain. Argh.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

No! Hang in there, Cid! A Hyper Potion's on the way!

I desperately grabbed a Hyper Potion for Cid, who subsequently got hit by yet another Earthquake (is this a Ground-type Gym or what?). To make matters worse, Solrock toasted Cid with a Flamethrower. Cid just Thunderbolted Solrock to death, so that it would finally be fair, and another Earthquake hit Cid to put his HP to orange level...again.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Hah! Served you right for trying to toast Cid...

3rd Generation Solo Run!

...what? Come ON, this isn't a Ground-type Gym.

I thought my level was high enough for this, but teaming up on a single Pokemon is just CRAZY. I commanded Cid to use Return on the Claydol, who finally got knocked out (I should have knocked him out first, but when I tried on my first fight against the duo, he retained a little HP).

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Take that! Cid's returning all those nasty Earthquakes you did for every turn of the fight.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Finally. No more Earthquakes.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Your tactics are REAL cheap, you know. Still, Cid prevails.

Only one more Gym Badge to go before the Pokemon League!

- Went to the Mossdeep Space Center.
    On the way, I encountered Team Magma with their leader, marching towards the building. Seems that they've come for rocket fuel, but for what? Did Groudon suddenly blast off to space from our last encounter?
    - Defeated Team Magma Admin Tabitha and Leader Maxie while teaming up with Steven Stone.
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

So you plan to use the fuel to make the volcano erupt? Not when we're here to defeat you.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

That was an epic fight. And it was fun, too.

- Went inside Steven's house, who gave me Dive.
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

Awesome! Thanks a lot, Steven. Now I'm teaching this to DW-Surfer.

- Flew back to Slateport, and took on the fourth, fifth and sixth Trick House challenges.
    I sold the rewards from the first two, and equipped the Magnet on Cid, which I received from the most recent challenge.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Cid's Thunderbolts are much stronger now, since he's holding a Magnet in his hands.

Now then, off to diving near Mossdeep City!

Progress:
    Badges: 7

Cid (Electabuzz)
    Level 81
    Moves:
    - Return
    - Screech
    - Thunderbolt
    - Psychic

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Jeez Cid how is your Electabuzz such a high level?!? There's no gym in particular you shouldn't needed to grind for o.O

I editted the first post to stick our new champions in. There's more updating to do but I don't have time right now.

Years
    I have a question can I do an emerald solo run with a johto pokemon? Just wondering since I'm thinking about which pokemon to use.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Yeah Spadez that's fine. Like I was thinking about a Firered run with Donphan next so go ahead.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Username: Fire Wolf
    Game: Emerald
    Pokemon: Qwilfish

I'll start updating later.
    Also I will hack for Qwilfish to be my starter.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Looks fun. I'ma givin' it a try.

Username: dead-man-walking
    Game: Emerald, ROM
    Pokemon: Anorith -> Armaldo

Oh, and Anorith is going to be hacked in

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    *Will Be Using Gameshark To Obtain Solrock
    Use Hackmew's A-Starter. It's easier and takes less time.

On the challenge:
    -Got Anorith and named it Shrimpeh for obvious reasons
    -Grind till level 6, nearly get killed twice by Wingulls
    -Beaten May!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back