• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4.5 days lost..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukario

Banned
Years
  • Due to unforeseen problems.. we had to load up a back-up copy of PC..
    this back-up is almost a week old, so some more recent posts will be missing.. Also, if you joined PC during the 4th thru the 10th, of March, you may have to rejoin.

also, once again, if you notice bugs from the back-up.. bad images, broken links, etc.., let us know in this thread.

P.S. pkmncommunity.com will NOT work right now.. use pokecommunity.com, pokecommunity.org, pokecommunity.info, pokecommunity.co.uk, pokecommunity.org.uk, or pcomm.info

Last edited:

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    somethings going on here......its march the 11th. it says its march the 4th. thats 7 days dissapeared. its only just happened. this morning (march the 11th) my computer couldnt display it....now it can, just 7 days in the past.....

Toblerone

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    oh, i see.....so are they updating/fixing the future pokecommunity forums? will it come back, or are we going to be "stuck" in time?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • oh, i see.....so are they updating the future pokecommunity forums? will it come back, or are we going to be "stuck" in time?

I think we really shouldnt worry about it that much, I mean yeah its terrible this ever happened but at least we have PC period.

I think we should move on, and if fixed, great.

PPN, Now I ask, if we go to the same tie it was when it crashed on this backup, do you possibily imagine it crashing once again at that time?

Toblerone

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I think we really shouldnt worry about it that much, I mean yeah its terrible this ever happened but at least we have PC period.

I think we should move on, and if fixed, great.

PPN, Now I ask, if we go to the same tie it was when it crashed on this backup, do you possibily imagine it crashing once again at that time?

thanks, now i know whats going on lol. so they will change the date to march the 11, and then we can stop talking about this whole incident... its starting to confuse me.....

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    This is fairly messed up for roleplays and fan fics, well, not so much fan fics.

And no, tobleorne, I sincerely doubt that we're going to get stuck in a timb limbo between March the fouurth and March the eleventh.

Dave-o-rama

If you are a false don't entry
    Years
  • at least its here...

well, at least PC is still here, now i know why i couldnt get to it.

means i probably will have to remake my siggy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2008
    awh man, I had to re-register because i made my account less then one week ago :P, now i have 0 posts.... correction 1 now :)

anyways glad you got the site back up, i was checking practically every minute to see if it was back up this morning :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2008
    Question, why are we now on '' ec cetera when we type in the box? It normally just displays the stuff as it would be when you post.

Instead, we have all the tags now.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • You won't get it back. All of that stuff is gone. You'll have to do it again.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    This day needs a nickname, I mean we've practically 'gone back in time' and lost 4.5 days of posts. [Black/Dark/Paradox Tuesday? o.-].

So what actually happened, did everything just go...pop? I feel sorry for the RPers etc.

How often is everything backed up?

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
  • This is so very wierd, yet so awesome at the same time...
    There are actually a few good things to come out of this. You can redo your choices all over again, for the better. (and all your bad, embarassing posts will slowly be erased from your mind)

A few dumb questions though, what if somebody got infractions, bans, or IP bans after March 4th/5th?

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • All infractions and bans from during that time period are erased. Everyone, think about it. Would you rather have lost four or five days worth of posts or the forum as a whole. Think about that before anyone complains.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    There's no reason for complaints, I mean it's nobody's fault. But it is annoying as a whole, like you said it could've been much worse...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back