• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4 reasons why Pokemon Z version is sure to come out.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 weren't exactly a third version to Black and White per say, I agree (they were a continuation, rather), but they're still related to their predecessors nonetheless regardless of how others might put it. Whether they be sequels or third installment, it all counts. Would we see any sequel or third version for X and Y? Nobody could say for sure, but chances of it are extremely likely; we most likely will. It's become their tradition, so to speak, and wouldn't exactly make much sense to drop that randomly.

For XY, I'd personally like to see a third version rather than sequel. Some might be bigger fan of latter, but to me, BW2 weren't all that entertaining; they sort of wound up leaving some bad taste in my mouth. I was very excited when they were announced, but they just weren't able to live up to their hype, I felt; if you ask me, their plot seemed to be more like a rehash than something original. I know it's not such a wise decision to judge main series sequels off that only, but… I don't know. That's me, I suppose. If they do wind up creating sequels for these games, anyhow, then I won't be afraid to give it at least one shot. If I don't enjoy, then I might not end up finishing. Not trying to be close-minded or anything; I'm only getting my thoughts out. Haha.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    If they make a Pokemon Z version I genuinely believe it will be the most underwhelming "third version" the series has ever had.

Zygarde was a tragically awful legendary. I'm sorry, it just was.

There's always the possibility of Zygarde getting a new form with better stats and such. Even if it didn't that still wouldn't be a good reason to consider the game bad.

Anyway, I'm not sure how many people know this but there two unused moves in the coding of X and Y which are identical to Land's Wrath (Zygarde's signature) except that they have additional effects. Kind of like how Ice Burn and Freeze Shock were unused in Black and White but became the signature moves of Kyurem's new forms in the sequels.

Canen

Sometimes, I like to party.
    Years
  • There's always the possibility of Zygarde getting a new form with better stats and such. Even if it didn't that still wouldn't be a good reason to consider the game bad.

Anyway, I'm not sure how many people know this but there two unused moves in the coding of X and Y which are identical to Land's Wrath (Zygarde's signature) except that they have additional effects. Kind of like how Ice Burn and Freeze Shock were unused in Black and White but became the signature moves of Kyurem's new forms in the sequels.

I wasn't just talking about Zygarde in the stat sense but its whole design and relative uselessness to the plot. I suppose the argument could be put forward that Rayquaza was also "useless to the plot" until Emerald but I felt like it commanded a lot more respect due to its much more difficult catch rate and battle style, and therefore enhanced its own value.

Ask yourself a question: would Zygarde sell that game to you in the same way Rayquaza did in Emerald?

I understand what you are saying in that Zygarde itself would not have an effect on how good the game is, but if you are out to get an exclusive version such as a "Z" version where mostly the only differences in gameplay are cosmetic, you are going to expect a lot from that versions mascot. In its current form, Zygarde alone would not sell a new version to me.

Also I believe Volcanion and Hoopa are to be introduced after Diancie, perhaps those moves are related to them? Serebii has dex info on both I believe.

Years
  • Technically, both Gold and Silver are colors. But why are we even talking about this? That's not even the point of the thread.

Actually, technically, they are not, although we use them often to refer to something as being colored silver and gold. Silver is gray without shininess and reflectivity, and gold is a shade of Yellow-brown with the same metallic effect.

And even if they were, in Pokemon games they were also referred to as metals.

And actually #2, one of your argument was regarding colors so, "technically", it kind of is the point, as I am discussing ,or should I say, arguing against, your argument. There you go.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I wasn't just talking about Zygarde in the stat sense but its whole design and relative uselessness to the plot. I suppose the argument could be put forward that Rayquaza was also "useless to the plot" until Emerald but I felt like it commanded a lot more respect due to its much more difficult catch rate and battle style, and therefore enhanced its own value.

Ask yourself a question: would Zygarde sell that game to you in the same way Rayquaza did in Emerald?

I understand what you are saying in that Zygarde itself would not have an effect on how good the game is, but if you are out to get an exclusive version such as a "Z" version where mostly the only differences in gameplay are cosmetic, you are going to expect a lot from that versions mascot. In its current form, Zygarde alone would not sell a new version to me.

Also I believe Volcanion and Hoopa are to be introduced after Diancie, perhaps those moves are related to them? Serebii has dex info on both I believe.

To answer your question I have not played Emerald, but I have played Platinum which is another third version. I didn't get because of what Pokémon was on the cover, I got it because it was an improved version of Diamond and Pearl.

About that other thing you said, Serebii does have info on those moves and Pokémon but they also have their movesets and neither Hoopa or Volcanion can learn those moves. Though that may change in Z (or X2 and Y2) for all we know.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    To answer your question I have not played Emerald, but I have played Platinum which is another third version. I didn't get because of what Pokémon was on the cover, I got it because it was an improved version of Diamond and Pearl.

About that other thing you said, Serebii does have info on those moves and Pokémon but they also have their movesets and neither Hoopa or Volcanion can learn those moves. Though that may change in Z (or X2 and Y2) for all we know.

I have played both Ruby and Emerald, and I can say that most of the changes were small improvements, mostly storyline, but I was glad that they added Rayquaza to the storyline. Although, they very best thing was being able to catch both Groudon and Kyogre. I guess with the GTS that isn't really a problem, but back then it rocked.

Guest123_x1

As much as I would like to see a Pokémon Z with Zygarde as the mascot, and slightly revised gameplay to center around said Pokémon (much like Pokémon Crystal centered around Suicune, its version mascot), I've got a feeling they'll probably just release version 2 of X/Y (as X2 and Y2), much like there were second versions of B/W.

I think there were even official hints out that there won't be a Pokémon Z, so don't get your hopes up.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I would enjoy a Pokemon Z. It being polished and fixed up, since X/Y were not very acceptable to me. It seems like Pokemon Z may happen, but this is very similar to the case of Pokemon Grey which turned out to be B2/W2.

27thColt

The Collector
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    People said the same thing for gen 5! Now with GF mixing it up a little, we don't know what will come next!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 weren't exactly a third version to Black and White per say, I agree (they were a continuation, rather), but they're still related to their predecessors nonetheless regardless of how others might put it. Whether they be sequels or third installment, it all counts. Would we see any sequel or third version for X and Y? Nobody could say for sure, but chances of it are extremely likely; we most likely will. It's become their tradition, so to speak, and wouldn't exactly make much sense to drop that randomly.

For XY, I'd personally like to see a third version rather than sequel. Some might be bigger fan of latter, but to me, BW2 weren't all that entertaining; they sort of wound up leaving some bad taste in my mouth. I was very excited when they were announced, but they just weren't able to live up to their hype, I felt; if you ask me, their plot seemed to be more like a rehash than something original. I know it's not such a wise decision to judge main series sequels off that only, but… I don't know. That's me, I suppose. If they do wind up creating sequels for these games, anyhow, then I won't be afraid to give it at least one shot. If I don't enjoy, then I might not end up finishing. Not trying to be close-minded or anything; I'm only getting my thoughts out. Haha.

I agree, B2W2 might have added several things but it also left a plot hole, which is the original dragon. I think GF might have thought of showing it off in Grey as Kyurem's original form but decided to do two in the end. Especially since it was the end of the DS' life and the general thread is that third versions usually don't sell as well as the pair. So GF probably broke the mold (no pun intended) in order to make sure the last game(s) of Gen V would sell well.

I'm hoping they'll do a third version or a single prequel. Maybe in order to get more money they could release Z along side a Delta Emerald ;)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    #1. It would make sense for the games to be called X, Y and Z, since they are the first main-series 3D Pokemon games.

Plenty of things would make sense. Z, XY2, Origin (though that wouldn't happen due to the recent anime special)...

#2. Xerneas, and Yvetal are shaped like an X and Y, both start with X and Y, and are the main legys for X and Y versions, respectively. Zygarde is shaped like a Z, and starts with Z, so why can't there be Pokemon Z version.

Nobody's saying that there can't be a Z. But merely because it could exist isn't enough to say that it will.

#3. Xerneas and Yvetal are based on the Deer and Bird that live on Yggdrasil in Nordic Mythology. They are called the Life and Destruction Pokemon because the Deer and Bird represented opposing sides, and were always fighting. But there was a third animal, a serpent, that kept the balance between them. Zygarde is a serpent, and is called the Order Pokemon. Makes sense.

Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are obviously meant to be a trio. But look at what happened last generation - Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem were a trio. But we didn't get a Pokemon Grey featuring Kyurem, we got a pair of sequels featuring it.

#4. This one is pretty simple, but Nintendo has always released a third game. Yellow to Red/Blue, Crystal to Gold/Silver, Emerald to Ruby/Sapphire, and Platinum to Diamond/Pearl. One could argue that that they didn't release a Pokemon Grey to go with Black/White. but really? Would you have bought a game called Pokemon Grey Version?

You could probably guess from my previous answer, but I don't consider BW2 a third version. Their relationship with BW is much more like Gold and Silver with Red and Blue, rather than any of the third versions we've seen.

Also, just because you personally think Gray is a ridiculous / terrible name doesn't really count. For any possible two word combination "Pokemon [word]", you could probably find hundreds if not thousands of people who think that whatever name you pick is ridiculous or terrible. And yes, that includes all of the existing games' names as well.

Plus, wasn't everyone predicting and hoping for a Pokemon Grey? I find it hard to believe that those people predicting it were doing so only to boycott it if it was announced.

[/response]

Personally, I'm hoping for XY2 over Z. I just think it's more interesting to see the effects of the previous game's plots, rather than experience a slightly modified version of it.

Regardless of what route they go, though, I do hope that Zygarde gets some kind of alternate form. I just can't stand its design.

Back