• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4 way battle system?

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
Years
  • so how would you think a 4 way battle would be?

you would be on the bottom left like usual, the oponent will be across from you like normal, but now there's an oponent to your right and above you.

becuase of all the health bars needed, you only see the one of the pokemon currently being attacked on screen on the top left.

when selecting your move or to use an item or to switch ect, all of the pokemon's names and health bars are listed on the left. you can select which of the pokemon you want on this screen after selecting the move.

pokemon will attack based on speed like before, and when they use moves like heat wave and swift it affects everyone else.

so what do you think of it? lets debate :)

ps, pic i made had to be jpg so it lost quality.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • Frankly... as cool as the idea sounds, it also sounds much too complicated (and screen cluttering). My first big issue with this is the matter of that clutter. As you mentioned in your original post, there is barely any room for all the healthbars needed-- and even in double battles those are very crucial to knowing how much HP everyone has, and it'd be bothersome just to see one bar at a time.

Unless you want to suggest that we split the touchscreen of the DS/DSLite/DSi in half to show the commands and the remaining healthbars? It still feels and seems cluttered.

And then you have another issue that IS ganging up. You already get this in double battles when you're down to one Pokemon or your foe is, and you pummel the last Pokemon with two. Now you're pummeling them with three, one who may or may not be an ally according to how the AI feels.... What if you had 1 Haunter and 3 Sharpedos, and all of them get to attack the Haunter? You'd better be lucky if you want that one under-effective Ghost type to survive...

Nice try at a new concept, but really, it seems to be a bit much.

Years
  • This idea is magnificent.

Clutter would not be an issue. If the DSi XL's screen is the same size as Ninty's next handheld, there will definitely be enough space. Assuming this idea would be implemented in like 6th gen. Technology always is evolving, and who's to say handhelds have to keep the same tiny screens?

They would need to add a rule to avoid gang-ups though , but I'm not quite sure how it would work out... All I can really think of is that each player gets to choose out of two of their three opponents to attack. The targets would switch each turn. Moves like Surf would hit only the two targets.

Player1 = 1 and 2

Player2 = 2 and 3
    Player3 = 3 and 4
    Player4 = 4 and 1

If this rule was added, the most moves that could hit you each turn would be 2, like in a double battle. An alternative could be to lower the accuracy of each move... Can anyone say
    "HAX"?

I'm tempted to make a fangame based around this. 3:

Last edited:
    Back