• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Okay, I am having a ton of trouble looking for the perfect last Pokemon to catch for my team. I recently heard Yanma is amazing, buuuuut it is hard to find. Are there any good, under-used POKEMON that would be great for a finisher for my team?

Yanma would actually be a really good choice. It's a good 'mon, and Yanmega is one of the best bug Pokemon IMO. Go for one with Speed Boost specifically. If you're having trouble finding one, I can trade one to you.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
Just started this game

Having recently completed X, and looking to sort of catch up on what I have missed, I decided to play SoulSilver. I am excited to get into the story, but also it is a big jarring graphics wise after playing Black, Black2 and X.

Anything I should be aware of about this game before getting into it further?

Shadeh

KABOOM!
Years
It is a SUPERB game. the 16 badges and 2 regions in one makes it a special game instead of just 8. I have around 100 hours on it and enjoyed it all, the graphics are different from the others, but you can probably handle it.

I would have to say my favorite part is my pokemon following me

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm just going to throw this over into the 4th Gen Help Thread; please use that thread for any questions you may have in the future. :)

[ Moved ]

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2018
Tough Decision

Hey everyone! This is probably an annoying question, but I'm having trouble deciding between Solrock and Lunatone. I don't care about appearance, just stats and who's better in a fight.

Dereck_S

Veteran
Years
In my opinion it really depends on what role the pokemon is going to be playing for you. Solrock is more of a physical pokemon, while Lunatone is more special based. I personally feel like solrock has a better leveling moveset while lunatone's is (again my opinion) a rather generic psychic set. Solrock can learn solarbeam, rock slide naturally. If you're going for physical offensive, i'd say go with Solrock, if you want a special based attacker lunatone is better suited. Hope that helps, and I hope its accurate haha

Years
In my personal opinion, they aren't really great but if I were you, Lunatone would probably be the better one of the two because the duo mainly learn more special than physical attacks and given Lunatone's stats are more special-based, it can make better use of its moves than Solrock can.

But still, they aren't very great stat-wise compared to most other Rock and Psychic Pokemon available in the game.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
my game is ruined

THERE MAY BE A FIX

ok, so this site is giving out event pokemon. I tried it. it worked, but one time it gave a L96 stantler with wierd stats and a wierd status condition. it has a capsule on it. I can't take the capsule off, box it, release it, ect, so it's permanently stuck in my party. I also got a L216 corconaw with the same problem. I can't get them out of my party...

...my game is ruined. can anyone help, or suggest something?

EDIT: I found that trading removes seals. PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU. I'LL GIVE THEM MASTER BALLS IF YOU WANT.

Terff

the unimportant
Years
What shifty site is this? xD
I would take them off your hands but I have misplaced my diamond and would rather not take any risks with them bugging up my game.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
What shifty site is this? xD
I would take them off your hands but I have misplaced my diamond and would rather not take any risks with them bugging up my game.

they won't bug it, you could release them for all I care, and trading will remove the seals, so they should be totally harmless.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm not too sure what has happened to your game there, friend!

Since this doesn't really need a thread of it's own I'm going to merge this into the 4th Gen Help Thread. Please keep trading arrangements to VMs/PMs though, just so the thread doesn't become cluttered. :)

Good luck and I hope you find a solution to your problem soon!

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Is Pokemon Hearth Gold Worth playing it?

I was just wondering, is Pokemon Hearth Gold worth playing it?
I have DSemume or something like that on my pc, and playing DS games is pretty anoying with the second screen lol, but i kinda wanna play a pokemon game that i in the Johto region, i finished pokemon liquid crystal, but that was like 11months ago, and i kinda dont wanna play pokemon gold, silver or crystal, because its to old and i am getting a headache of the sounds lol...
So i wanna put like 500hours or something in that game but is it really worth it?
Some site's are telling me that D/P/P where even better pokemon games than HG/SS...

So yeah, that was my question :D

EB

Re: World
Years
Heart Gold and Soul Silver are brilliant games, in my opinion. The familiarity was still there, despite such a big time span between the remakes and their predecessors, the story additions they made felt believable, and overall, the themes, visuals, and music were all on point with what the staff wanted to achieve.

I'd also disagree with comments suggesting that D/P/Pt are better games than HG/SS, however my search and discovery of reasons why may have been propelled initially by my imbalanced affection for Johto in general. ;o

If possible, I'd recommend purchasing the game, as the experience only improves thus (and as you said, the touch screen on desmume can be a pain). But in any case, HG and SS are great games and you won't be disappointed if you decide to play them, especially seeing as you've played G/S/C before as well.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Absolutely <3

HeartGold/SoulSilver are, BY FAR, my most favorite Pokémon games <3
The first Pokémon in your party follows you around in the overworld, you can interact with it, there's a Running Shoes TOGGLE! That means you don't have to hold down B to run around and the menu is easy to access by using your mouse if you can't be annoyed to use the keys ^^
Besides, the story is great, the locations are fabulous and well, there's 16 Gyms and all which is <3 And the safari zone is awesome too *-*
There's tons to do post game too, so yeah, HG is WELL WORTH playing <3

EDIT: EB ninja'ed me, but yeah, that too xD

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Heart Gold and Soul Silver are brilliant games, in my opinion. The familiarity was still there, despite such a big time span between the remakes and their predecessors, the story additions they made felt believable, and overall, the themes, visuals, and music were all on point with what the staff wanted to achieve.

I'd also disagree with comments suggesting that D/P/Pt are better games than HG/SS, however my search and discovery of reasons why may have been propelled initially by my imbalanced affection for Johto in general. ;o

If possible, I'd recommend purchasing the game, as the experience only improves thus (and as you said, the touch screen on desmume can be a pain). But in any case, HG and SS are great games and you won't be disappointed if you decide to play them, especially seeing as you've played G/S/C before as well.

i have played crystal, never beat the league, was to yough to understand that i had to train more than only 2 pokemons lol, i have heard that you also can battle against Red and Bendan/may, damn i would love to do that haha.

Absolutely <3

HeartGold/SoulSilver are, BY FAR, my most favorite Pokémon games <3
The first Pokémon in your party follows you around in the overworld, you can interact with it, there's a Running Shoes TOGGLE! That means you don't have to hold down B to run around and the menu is easy to access by using your mouse if you can't be annoyed to use the keys ^^
Besides, the story is great, the locations are fabulous and well, there's 16 Gyms and all which is <3 And the safari zone is awesome too *-*
There's tons to do post game too, so yeah, HG is WELL WORTH playing <3

EDIT: EB ninja'ed me, but yeah, that too xD

I was so excited when i heard about the game, but i never really played it because for some reason there where alot of other good games and i needed money so i sold my ds lite lol, i am deffinitly going to play this, cant wait! :DD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I'm not too sure what has happened to your game there, friend!

Since this doesn't really need a thread of it's own I'm going to merge this into the 4th Gen Help Thread. Please keep trading arrangements to VMs/PMs though, just so the thread doesn't become cluttered. :)

Good luck and I hope you find a solution to your problem soon!

I know what happened. the site was acting weirdly and sent me corrupted mons.
the capsules are... idk what happened with them to be honest. I can't remove them, so they can't be boxed or released, and since they're stuck in my party... that's my main problem. I did find one thing, though: trading a pokemon with a capsule on it removes said capsule. this is all I an think of. and they both suck at battling, stantler takes waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long to attack and actually gains HP when hit (no idea...), and croconaw locks the game when hit, so they're both pretty useless. I just need someone to trade with. I'm even OK with trade/tradebacks as the capsules will be gone. please, I need someone's help.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
HeartGold and SoulSilver are fantastic games. They are by my favourite of all Pokemon games mainly because they're brilliant remakes of the original series that brought me so much fun back when I was a little one. The follow-me feature was a great addition to the games as well as the PokeAthlon. The storyline is great, the graphics are stunning and the music is as amazing as ever. I'd highly recommend you play them; they'll definitely be worth your time!

Anyway, quick questions belong in the 4th Gen Help Thread for future reference so I'll bump this over there. :)

Happy Gaming!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back