• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th of July!

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    The whole front of the garage at my aunts house is filled with fireworks :D so everyone from the neighborhood is coming here and there is a water slide in the back and a slip n slide in the front :)

I can't wait to blow sh*t up :3

love love love

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Is it bad that I hate this holiday? I'm afraid of fireworks, I'm not a big fan of BBQ, I hate swimming...I just don't like it. But I do love my redneck side of the family and karaoke. :) When I put it that way, it sounds awesome and now I can't wait. XD But no seriously, I'm afraid of fireworks. I got a sparkler in my hair when I was 3. :(

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I actually forgot that july 4th was slowing approaching. Maybe because we are to busy preparing to move and my baby bros birthday is Monday and we are moving Monday afternoon. I don't think we will be doing anything this year for the 4th of july this year so I'm not to thrilled :/.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
    My family is throwing a get-together, with all that stuff and whatnot... they bought over $150 in fireworks (which really isn't as much as it seems, because they are pretty expensive...). They'll probably most likely try to get me to join in but I'll be to afraid, I'm not to fond of things that could explode in my. :(

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    surprisingly, inb4 non-Americans wondering what we're talking about. XD

It depends on whether I work that day or not. I'd love to just stay home and barbecue me some foodstuffs either way, but if I've got the day off, I might as well enjoy it and spend the day with family. :P

But no seriously, I'm afraid of fireworks. I got a sparkler in my hair when I was 3. :(

When I was like five...I was responsible for accidentally launching a bottle rocket right into the leg of a passerby stranger at the beach. Since then, I've been afraid to handle fireworks. D:

Last edited:

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    Funny, I have to sell fireworks today. xD

And we might buy a few sparkler thingies, although we might not because my dog hates em. I hope Dad barbecues. And then we can just sit outside and watch what fireworks there'll be.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    My friend threw his firecracker into the neighbor's yard and it caught on fire. After that, we kinda banned from ever playing those stuff. :<

I'm going to park on Sunday to watch the fireworks. Some of my cousins are going to and we might have a party afterwards. I'm finally going to help my uncle with the BBQ. It's going to be delicious, and people will stop and stare at us eating our burgers. There might be drinking involved. This is one of the few days that I show my patriotism to this country.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    surprisingly, inb4 non-Americans wondering what we're talking about. XD
    On the contrary, America is such an extravert among nations you'd be hard-pressed finding anyone in the English-speaking world unaware of the day.

Years
    Current plans are to go out to my sister's in-law's farm, where there will be food, and possibly fireworks. Last time I spent a 4th out there, it was fun, but they forgot fireworks. :( If I can manage it, I want to get some fireworks, but considering I don't drive I don't know how easy that'll be.

Granted, last time I spent a 4th out there, they hadn't even moved much into that house to begin with. It'd been pretty lonely. I imagine that even if there isn't stuff to blow up, it'll still be fun now. Their farm is awesome.

(Not looking forward to having to contribute to gas money, though. My sister's tank takes $40 to fill and I'm chipping in for the guy who's driving me to my sister's place, too. >_<)

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I don't happen to celebrate the holiday, however I'm going to see Bob Dylan on that day so it's giong to be something I look forward to. I'm sure he'll put on one hell of a show given the date though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    Personally, I've went to the indian reservation and bought a large bundle. Gonna blow stuff up :D

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Eh, I might look out the window to see some fireworks, but I'm not going to go out of my way to see them, and I definitely won't use any.

I'm about as unpatriotic a person can be without blowing up government buildings. By the end of high school, I had completely stopped saying the Pledge of Allegiance, and when we were supposed to say it at graduation, I just mumbled so it would look like I was saying something. I wouldn't have even done that if I had known that the law prohibits them from making students say the pledge AT ALL in my state. I don't even stand or anything during the national anthem. To quote Ambrose Bierce, "in Dr. Johnson's famous dictionary patriotism is defined as the last resort of a scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but inferior lexicographer, I beg to submit that it is the first."

Last edited:
    Years
    Happy birthday America!

Big fireworks that go off with a huge boom scare the (insert noun here) out of me, so I don't ever play with them. xD

I prefer swinging around Morning Glories like a fairy wand. x3

Years
    I got a sparkler in my hair when I was 3. :(
    Had that happen to me when I was in high school, only it was someone else being careless.

The only thing I like about this holiday is seeing the fireworks shows, but from a very safe distance since I also got burned by a low flying firework at a show when I was a little kid.

Add to those bad experiences all the annoying relatives who drink too much and you get a holiday I could well do without for the rest of my life. I'm staying indoors this year.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i wanted to set off my own fireworks but i didnt have any money to buy any. and our town is to broke this year to set them off. and towns around here arent having very good luck with theirs. one towns got set off yesterday on accident and injured 3 people. and others around here got cancelled due to the wind. so no fireworks for me this year :(

Back