• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th stage evolutions

oni_sora

Demon Keyblade Master
Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2007
    Does anyone here think that there should be 4th stage evolutions? For example: an evolution beyond blastiose or charizard, etc.

Personally I think it would be kinda cool. There would be more variety and there would be more incentive to raise your pokemon to higher levels, but then again it might make those pokemon a bit too powerful.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2013
    it would be cool
    but they are already in there adult form at stage 3
    if you put in a 4th it will be an oldie
    not that i have anything against oldies :classic:

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    If they were to make previous evolutionary chains (like Charmander's or Squirtle's) into 4-stage evolutions, they wouldn't add anything to the end; they would just add a Baby Evolution (like I realized a few minutes ago they might very well be doing with the Nidorans). If they added something to the end, then they would have to go through the hassle of trying to explain why it never showed up before, and I doubt they want to do that.

oni_sora

Demon Keyblade Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2007
    Well they really never had to explain why the pre-evo's came about(or other great mysteries such as "why does a newly hatched kangaskhan have a baby in it's pouch?"), so I don't see why they wouldn't be able to have 4th stage evos. I mean just now with D/P are they able to explain the differences between male a female pokemon, which could only have been done with male and female symbols in previous games. So all of a sudden, male and female pokemon have distinct physical characteristics that tells them apart. Besides if they had to, I bet they could come up with a good reason. Like they have to be on a freakishly high level or they require certain items and methods to evolve that way :P. Afterall, you have to take into consideration that in the world of pokemon everything is changing and all that stuff, that's why they have pokemon researchers ;)

Boy, I have too much time on my hands to think about all this junk :nervous:

Last edited:

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • I think 4th evos would be really cool, in fact it could go in relation with the pokemon going over level 100 thing (Like, a pokemon can't evolve into a 4th evo until lv 105). It would probably even evolve the whole pokemon world itself.

Years
  • But the thing is, if there is a 4th stage for like Metagross then the base power would be stupid! All of the stats would be way over 100! I am not saying that it wouldn't be cool, because it would be. But still....

hamir

Embrace yourselves
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    4th stage evolution would be great but........
    Like garra_of_the_desert said it will cause some pokemon to be even more stronger and that would be insane.

oni_sora

Demon Keyblade Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2007
    yeah that was a concern i had that i wrote in my first post...

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
  • oni_sora said:
    Does anyone here think that there should be 4th stage evolutions? For example: an evolution beyond blastiose or charizard, etc.

Personally I think it would be kinda cool. There would be more variety and there would be more incentive to raise your pokemon to higher levels, but then again it might make those pokemon a bit too powerful.
    if they did that you couldn't trade it to old games like ruby or firered plus the first season starters were too powerfull fully evolved.

oni_sora

Demon Keyblade Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2007
    But then there are a lot of pokemon that cant be traded over to the 3rd gen games, such as the evolved form of roselia, the one that might be the evolved form of electabuzz, the pre-evolution of mr. mime, and the evolved form of sneasle. Some of those are just 2nd or 3rd stage evolutions.

BG pokemon freak

Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY
    Years
  • I think it's unnecesarry because I like the way pokemon are supposed to have 3 evo's
    Baby
    Teenage
    and Grownup
    I don't want a gramps poke :P
    well yeah there is eevee, which doesn't evolve that way but it is a different thing; as for the legends : well thwy are legends and don't need an evolution because they are Unique.
    so I want the Baby/Teenage/Grownup evolutions

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    oni_sora said:
    Well they really never had to explain why the pre-evo's came about

No, because it was a given; the pre-evos came in GSC becuase you couldn't breed in RBY. Simple as that. The 4th stage evos would be much more complicated to explain, since the lines already exist.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    Ichapokemr said:
    If they were to make previous evolutionary chains (like Charmander's or Squirtle's) into 4-stage evolutions, they wouldn't add anything to the end; they would just add a Baby Evolution (like I realized a few minutes ago they might very well be doing with the Nidorans). If they added something to the end, then they would have to go through the hassle of trying to explain why it never showed up before, and I doubt they want to do that.

They could have new items they must be holding through a trade.

One thing I'd also like to see is a pokemon that only evolves when it really hates you. :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    oni_sora said:
    But then there are a lot of pokemon that cant be traded over to the 3rd gen games, such as the evolved form of roselia, the one that might be the evolved form of electabuzz, the pre-evolution of mr. mime, and the evolved form of sneasle. Some of those are just 2nd or 3rd stage evolutions.

Don't forget Muchlax, (baby Snorlax) which appeared in that movie with Rayquaza and Deoxys. :)

diageo11

Aspiring Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • I'd like starters that arent fire water and grass, something different would be cool.

3 evolutions is fine, we dont need 4.

Back