• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

50-50 Challenge

Years
  • This sounds like fun - a challenge where I can use half my favorites and half a surprise. I'm very interested and excited to try the challenge out. Can't wait for the awesome surprises.

Name: Playful_Weasel
    Version: Y
    Pokedex: National (I can breed if Pokemon not found in Kalos)
    My Picks: Mienfoo, Meowstic (female), Zangoose
    # of Pokemon: 6
    NFE: Yes
    Other Stipulations: any surprise will do
    Talonflame,Sylveon,Blastoise :)

ShadeDraco

Uninspired Writer
    Years
  • I have couple of questions about this challenge.
    1) Do we have to take pictures/proof of our progress trough game and post them as separate thread or something? Or do we just have to take picture of hall of fame?
    2)If we choose the ultimate version of this challenge do we have to play multiple games from same gen that go in pair (ex. Red and Blue) or just the ones that go in separate (ex Fr-Sapphire)

1) Either post pictures as you progress on this thread or the hall of fame picture will suffice. It's your choice.
    2) "Ultimate Runs for this challenge will only require the first 5 Gens and will require a re-entry form for each game." One per generation. I'd prefer since you're doing Blue you don't do FR/LG however, but I won't stop you.
    Hope I answered your questions well enough and have fun on your challenge! :)

Years
  • I think this challenge would be a little more interesting if I just make some minor changes to the plot since my "mom" apparently changes every game and my dad is absent, I will just say that he is some kind of multi billionaire that travels all over the world and is a bit of a womanizer (if you know what I mean) and always gets re-married. Since he is so busy with his job, he is never around region I'm playing in ( very convenient if you ask me :P).The only problem is Norman... :/ I'll have to think of something. By the way thanks to Playful_Weasel for giving me an awesome team :D and ShadeDraco for answering some of my questions I really appreciate it! The challenge starts NOW! :D 8.23Pm UTC 16th of September 2014.

Day 1 16 of September 2014

Yay, we are finally starting our adventure! I'm so excited! :D

Now we get to name ourselves! I named myself Shanay, because for some reason Shannaynay won't fit D:

Since we are the Arceus of our universe, we get to name the jerkface that is going to be extreme D to us this entire challenge, well I'm immature and that is why i think Deekdo name is fitting :P

Pro tip! ALWAYS GET THAT FREE POTION #infreestuffwetrust

Seems like our rival want's to fight us! BRING IT ON!

Hah, that was easy! Btw, I nicknamed my bulbasaur bloomleaf! :D
    ]
    I found my way trough the forest, after beating the game so much times it seems to loose in difficulty :P

This just might be and my weirdness, but I was always wondering WHY THE HELL IS BROCK SHIRTLESS IN THIS GAME! I MEAN COME ON PEOPLE!

"For a moment I thought I've broken a sweat!"
    That was like sooo easy! I guess that Brock * puts on sunglasses * as hard as his rock-type pokemon! ~YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~

After beating Brock, I went to the pokemart to stock up on potions and pokeballs and at the end I HAD 1 POKEDOLLAR LEFT! What kid of sorcery is this?

Our beautiful Bloomleaf evolved! THEY GROW UP SO FAST! It feels like it was just 1 hour ago I got it and it was a little bulbasaur! Oh wait IT WAS 1 HOUR AGO! * Ba dum tsssss*

On my way to the MtMoon! FUN FACT: I encoutered exactly 23 zubats while in there........

All praise our lord and savior Helix!

After exiting the Mt Zubat, the first route I found had my second teamate THE SANDSHREW! I have to say It's pretty adorable in this game!

I nicknamed it Rammus, because Rammus is awesome! :P #OK

Well that is just about it, I think I'll call it a day! Hope you liked it NEXT UPDATE COMING TOMORROW
    PS: There won't be any pictures yet attached to the post since I didn't post 15 replies yet.....
    I recently joined the PokeCommunity :) However I still have proof of me doing all of that stuff on my imgur BUT I can't post links soooo yea it's kinda annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • In my Journey:
    So far haven't done much - still in my other Y game breeding Zangoose, hoping for shiny. I'll take a rest from breeding and start this journey.

Still have not left Route 2 - so far planned out:
    Player's name: Bibiana - it's the name of my aunts that lives in Mexico
    Player's nickname: Bibi - shortened version of Bibana
    Language: Spanish
    Spoiler:

Team, at least to Route 2
    along with the English equivalent next to Spanish
    Spoiler:

Journey so far:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Good luck on your hatching! Hope you get shiny zangoose soon! :) Don't forget to count eggs and tell us how many tries did it take looool :D

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Quick update - obtained my first badge.

To add to my previous post:
    Journey so far:
    Spoiler:

• arrived at Santalune Forest (Bosque Novarte in the Spanish version)
    battled trainers - caught Pokemon - no lost battles
    • left forest, arrived at Santalune City (Ciudad Novarte in the Spanish version)
    • went to Route 22 to challenge the various trainers and caught 2 more Pokemon
    • challenged Viola, won - obtained Bug Badge
    Zorro vs Surskit - won
    Pinzón vs Vivillon - won

Team:
    Squirtle & Eevee not yet caught, haven't gotten there yet
    No evolutions so far.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Update 19/9/2014

-Defeated a rival Deecko near nugget bridge
    -Captured a new team member- James, the Bellsprout. Why James? Because James is always getting eaten by Vectreebel in anime.
    -Truned Bill back into the human
    -its time to get our gym badge!
    -After claiming victory on all the gym trainers, JAMES EVOLVED!
    -Kicked Misty's butt
    -Received a TM for Dig!
    -Went to SS Anne and beaten whole bunch of trainers to make James and Rammus toughen up a bit! Bloomleaf needs no levels, he is already 25! xD
    -At the back of the ship I run into "surprisingly" Deecko! HE IS REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES!
    -After Rammus, the Sandshrew killed his Raticate "literally" HE EVOLVED INTO SANDSLAsH!
    -Went to LT surge's trashcan gym of doom!
    -Rammus sweeped trough without breaking a sweat!
    -After getting a badge, its time to go to the dark tunnel and the lavender town, i need to physically and mentally prepare for it.... Cya!

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2014
    Name:Lazar
    Version:Fire Red
    Pokedex: Kanto
    My picks: Charizard,Alakazam,Gengar
    Number of pokemon: 6
    Other stipulations: Don't give me types I already have.

Years
  • This has been one really progressive weekend for me!
    I MEAN VERY PROGRESSIVE! I managed to beat the elite 4!
    12.20PM 9/21/2014 my time
    Team was: GAH- the slowbro lvl48 (I nicknamed it Gah because that is the sound slowbro makes :P)
    Cetworka- the ninetales lv44 (cetworka means B(grade) in my country, I nicknamed her like that because for my beautiful ninetales drawing for art class I GOT A B!)
    James- the victreebel lvl41 (name already explained)
    Rammus- the sandslash lvl41 (Rammus is the name of Champion from League of Legends)
    Snowball- the persian lv42 (snowball was the name of a white cat i had ,it passed away sadly)
    and last but not least BloomLeaf lvl40
    well that is it for kanto region! JOHTO IS NEXT !

Name: Shanay
    Version: SoulSilver
    Pokedex: National
    My choices: Miltank, Noctowl, Tentacruel
    Other: No legendaries, do not give me types I already have, I don't want pokemon that have stat total of 520 or above! Make sure they are obtainable before Johto elite 4

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Name:Lazar
    Version:Fire Red
    Pokedex: Kanto
    My picks: Charizard,Alakazam,Gengar
    Other stipulations: Don't give me types I already have.
    I'll try and give you a working team, have not played FR in so long
    Cloyster - Raticate - Primeape

well that is it for kanto region! JOHTO IS NEXT !

Name: Shanay
    Version: SoulSilver
    My choices: Miltank, Noctowl, Tentacruel
    Other: No legendaries, do not give me types I already have, I don't want pokemon that have stat total of 520 or above! Make sure they are obtainable before Johto elite 4
    I'll try, I haven't finished my own Soul Silver game, I don't have lots of experience with Pokemon availability in S.S. - I don't know much about stats (if you need a reroll because stat too high, let me know, I'll try to search for another)
    Typhlosion - Parasect - Hypno

Suggesting teams took longer than expected....
    Next Update! Earned 2nd Badge - & - Sylveon!

Last time, I saved in Santalune City (Ciudad Novarte) after earning the badge. At the moment I'm on Route 10, where I caught a male Eevee & evolved it to Sylveon.
    Along the way battled trainers (as I want to battle every trainer possible before leaving the area), caught lots of Pokemon (I don't run away from wild Pokemon battles, either catch the ones I don't have, or faint them - no ending wild battle moves either), obtained a few items, and even lost once to the gym leader.

On this Journey: Rt. 4 - Lumiose City - Rt 5 - Camphrier Town - Rt 6 - Parfume Palace - Rt 7 - Ambrette Town - Rt 9 - Glittering Cave - make my way back to Rt 8 - Cyllage City - & Rt 10
    Spoiler:

TEAM - up to Route 10, after making Eevee evolve to Sylveon:

Fletchinder
    Spoiler:

shiny Meowstic
    Spoiler:

shiny Mienfoo
    Spoiler:

Sylveon
    Spoiler:

Wartortle
    Spoiler:

Zangoose
    Spoiler:

With the images, you can also see the rest of the their stats

Last edited:
    Years
  • if you need a reroll because stat too high, let me know, I'll try to search for another
    Typhlosion - Parasect - Hypno

I want to thank you for taking your time and suggesting me a team :). However Tuphlosion has a total stats of 534 and my limit is 520, so if you could please suggest one pokemon in replacement of Tuphlosion! :) Or should i just keep it at quilawa stage for the rest of my journey?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I want to thank you for taking your time and suggesting me a team :). However Tuphlosion has a total stats of 534 and my limit is 520, so if you could please suggest one pokemon in replacement of Tuphlosion! :) Or should i just keep it at quilawa stage for the rest of my journey?

Alright, that works too, sorry about that don't know stats that much - wish you luck again.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • My next update: Earned the Rumble Badge in Shalour City -

this journey: Rt 10 - Geosenge Town - Rt 11 - Reflection Cave - Shalour City

Spoiler:

Team Photo:
    shiny Meowstic
    Spoiler:

shiny Mienfoo
    Spoiler:

Sylveon
    Spoiler:

Talonflame
    Spoiler:

Wartortle
    Spoiler:

Zangoose
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Bgoldwax
    Game: pokemon emerald
    pokedex: Regional
    no. of pokemon 6
    my picks:
    Swampert
    Manectric
    Skarmory

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2016
    Name: Bgoldwax
    Game: pokemon emerald
    pokedex: Regional
    no. of pokemon 6
    my picks:
    Swampert
    Manectric
    Skarmory

Weezing
    Slaking
    Macargo

Good luck to ya!

May I plz give this a try...in honor of OR/AS are on the way

Game: Pokemon Expert Emerald
    Number of Pokes: 6
    My Pokemon Picks:
    Arbok
    Blaziken
    Pelipper
    Other stipulations: Keep team balanced....no NFE plz and thanks

ShadeDraco

Uninspired Writer
    Years
  • Game: Pokemon Expert Emerald
    Number of Pokes: 6
    My Pokemon Picks:
    Arbok
    Blaziken
    Pelipper
    Other stipulations: Keep team balanced....no NFE plz and thanks

Manectric
    Gardevoir
    Linoone

Have fun and good luck!

On a secondary note, since I'm currently only able to use my tablet to edit posts, I won't be really able to update the lists. Sorry but I'll do my best on updating them this week. Thank you for waiting! :)

Link4799

Gage Linkous
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2016
    My Entry Form
    Name: link4799
    Version:Emerald
    My Picks: Swampert, Metagross, and Salamence
    # of Pokemon: 6
    NFE's/Legnedaries: Sure to legendaries. Idk what NFEs are though
    Other: Do me a fav, no weaklings. Like dont give me those pokemon like linoone, dunsparce and ditto xD
    NO SAME TYPES please. Except for dragon, i dont mind that xD
    I don't mind starters either.

ShadeDraco

Uninspired Writer
    Years
  • My Entry Form
    Name: link4799
    Version:Emerald
    My Picks: Swampert, Metagross, and Salamence
    NFE's/Legnedaries: Sure to legendaries. Idk what NFEs are though
    Other: Do me a fav, no weaklings. Like dont give me those pokemon like linoone, dunsparce and ditto xD
    NO SAME TYPES please. Except for dragon, i dont mind that xD
    I don't mind starters either.

NFE=Not Fully Evolved
    Manectric, Hariyama, and Exploud. Good luck and have fun! :)

Back