• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: $50 Supporter Tier

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Donations are voluntary monetary contributions you make to help support pokecommunity.com pay for server access, bandwidth, administrative maintenance, and related items. All donators will be acknowledged in the donation thread and may earn added 'perks'. These perks, once given, are for the lifetime of your account and can not be transferred to any other user and are subject to change with or without notice. Due the very nature of donations, there are no refunds on donations and pokecommunity.com does not guarantee that you will gain anything from donating. By donating, your agree to these terms.
    When you look up the term in the dictionary, you'll notice how it's not about what you get in return. I'm against a new tier, maybe a real perk if that's what you'd like but, I see no point in adding another tier. The whole point of having a 6th tier so far away from 5th is so that people are inspired to donate more if they're really insistent on getting perks.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I think it would at least be nice to get an emblem for that milestone. Gives a little bit of incentive for people to, let's say.. bump up a $40 donation and say "awh what the hay, I'll pitch in $10 more for that emblem, it'd be nice." If not for perks, people still like to be recognized for donating such an amount. :3
    I just don't see the big deal- after all we have a freaking emblem about a watermelon hahaha! I know people aren't entitled to it.. but it couldn't hurt, now could it?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well the watermelon is in a section all its own so it doesn't count towards 'serious' emblems, but still I don't see a problem with a 50 dollar emblem tbh, there's really no harm to adding it and if people are annoyed about giving it out I would have no problem doing it.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    A tier in the middle kinda takes away the point of having Tier 6 as the far off, elusive, secret tier. :/
    Yeah I agree with this, it would kind of take away that special thing the 6th tier has right now.

Years
    To be honest, I'm not really for or against the addition of another tier, per se, but if there were a $50 tier, I would very likely fork out the extra $24.50 to move up to it. Scrap that. If there is a $50 tier created, I will move up to it.

That might seem selfish to some, but that the fact of the matter is, it's just giving that little bit more incentive to donate a reasonable amount of money - it's a good thing for the community IMO.

That said, I could certainly understand if the current Tier 6's are worried about losing the exclusivity of their rank and the other political issues that might arise. Just putting my thoughts out there.

Zet

Years
    To be honest, I'm not really for or against the addition of another tier, per se, but if there were a $50 tier, I would very likely fork out the extra $24.50 to move up to it. Scrap that. If there is a $50 tier created, I will move up to it.

That might seem selfish to some, but that the fact of the matter is, it's just giving that little bit more incentive to donate a reasonable amount of money - it's a good thing for the community IMO.

That said, I could certainly understand if the current Tier 6's are worried about losing the exclusivity of their rank and the other political issues that might arise. Just putting my thoughts out there.

You could donate $25 once a month to reach tier 6 :P

Years

You could donate $25 once a month to reach tier 6 :P

Or I could even do it in one go. That's not the point. I have the money, but in all honesty, I'm not willing to hand over that much at this point in time. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. I would, however shoot for a $50 if there was one. Then maybe down the track, it's only a $50 donation from the next tier.

It has never been about making it worth the supporters' while, it's about giving them just a little incentive to donate and a little bit of pride. Furthermore, this is so that we can get more funding for the community to help fund a decent server and make a better experience from all of us as a whole.

Again, I'm not saying that it should necessarily be implemented, I'm just giving my input.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    When I make donation, I didn't donate because perks. I donate because I like the forums. I can't donate yet but when I'm able to donate I donate right away. :) But this is great idea. It may help to get more donations. Lot's of "donate" words. :)

Back